AmiAmi Discussion

RE: AmiAmi shipping

bagoly14 said:
Hello again,

I was wondering if anybody knows if 2 Booster Boxes can be shipped as Sal unregistered packet from AmiAmi or if it goes over the 2kg limit? Their response time has been dreadful so maybe someone here like Omahanime knows.

Thanks.

Yes, you can. This was my shipping method of choice when I was poor.

I think booster boxes aren't that heavy. I think they charged me shipping for 0.6 kg for two boxes.

omahanime said:
bagoly14 said:
Ah ok. I have been waiting for AmiAmi to reply to me but still no luck. This company irks me as you know Omahanime :p

If they are not replying, that means they still have not secured your boxes.

Double check your email. I got a quote in a hour. Did EMS go up in price?

Problem solved. It turns out that two boxes and two beginning sets don't even add to two kg! They split my order into two so now my shipping was 27$ instead of 45$, that's a big difference...paypal protection + cheap no tracked shipping ftw LOL

omahanime said:
bagoly14 said:
Ah ok. I have been waiting for AmiAmi to reply to me but still no luck. This company irks me as you know Omahanime :p

If they are not replying, that means they still have not secured your boxes.

You may have been right, the Y Box was on back order but they got them within a day. Now I just need to sell some stuff so I can buy 2 X boxes and the card files :)

It's probably worth saying in-case some else checks this topic for a similar issue;

If you live in the country with possible customs fees, EMS seems to get hit for them every single time. (I guess they think since you chose the fast one you have more money to burn)

And thanks to the "Universal Postal Union" (Whoever they are), Japanese sites can no longer ship registered SAL to
Australia / Denmark / Finland / Germany / Greenland / Hungary / Norway / Poland

That actually really sucks for people who live there since I would never choose anything but SAL since the extra 20$ in my pocket pretty much gets me a free box and I can wait the 2-5 weeks. Shipping with Sal is usually pretty good to Canada, last time I got something in around 8 business days which was surprising.

swagasaur said:
Does anybody know if they send the promo packs as well

No, they do not.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-merchandise-help-thread?pid=2559720#pid2559720

Shipping cost on 4 boxes

EMS : 3,840 JPY - $37.29
Air Small Packet : 2,970 JPY - $28.86
SAL Small Packet (Registered) : 2,390 JPY - $23.21
SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) : 1,980 JPY - $19.22
SAL Parcel : 3,735 JPY - $36.25

Not sure if they let you ship with Sal packet because it exceeds the size dimensions possible....at least they wouldn't ship two boxes and two card binders...

omahanime said:
swagasaur said:
Does anybody know if they send the promo packs as well

No, they do not.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-merchandise-help-thread?pid=2559720#pid2559720

I also sent AmiAmi an email and they said they would include promos when available. My purchase did not include any so I am not sure AmiAmi even gets the promos. Wonder where they go..

SoulWind said:
omahanime said:
No, they do not.

I also sent AmiAmi an email and they said they would include promos when available. My purchase did not include any so I am not sure AmiAmi even gets the promos. Wonder where they go..

They go on Y!J. The pattern I have seen is a massive influx of them at the box releases and then they disappear forever. I can't find any sealed or mint condition cards for certain promo box releases anymore :(

RE: AmiAmi Shipping

Just a query I used EMS last time and got stung by customs to this time tried air small packet. Obviously it says 1-2 weeks delivery but does anyone else in the UK have any experience with this method? Did u get charged? how many days did it take to arrive?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Customs charges depend on how much the package is worth, not what type of shipping you used. You can probably find information on this at the UK Post Office website, I would assume; I know for the Netherlands you get charged customs dues for commercial packages worth €22 or more, but each country has their own rules and limits.

As far as time goes, I live in mainland Europe, so timing is probably similar, though not exactly the same. My most recent package took a very long time for reasons unknown (over a month) but previous shipments via the same service have usually arrived around the 2 week mark, if not a bit sooner.

Air small packet got here as fast as 5 days. SAL took 8-11 days (last time only 8!). I don't use EMS. I ship my booster boxes seperately, because of customs.

I live in Sweden and last booster box was sent on a Saturday and I received it at Tuesday with registered Air mail. so that was REALLY quick, but sadly it seams to be going slower this time. My package was sent on a Saturday this time too, but still haven't even arrived in Sweden as far as I can see. I have never had to pay tax before and I've ordered stuff for up to about 35 Euros. You are supposed to pay tax over here no matter what, as long as its not a gift, but the lower the value the bigger chance that they let it pass, they just don't have time to tax everyone.

I've herd Swedish people who have much experience from importing stuff that when they used EMS shipping they were almost guaranteed to have to pay tax, so here it definitely seam true that its a bigger risk to use EMS.

In sweden the package can cost up to 1300kr then you'll have to pay tax. 1300kr is about $200.
Before I thought it was just some packages that you'd have to pay tax for despite the cost and weigh of the package, but I luckily I figured out this before I bought something outside the country.

Yeah, EMS is like a sign telling them to check the package, because you don't send cheap stuff with EMS. I've used unregistered SAL for my last few packages and that worked great ^^

Thanks for the replies I got my hopes up as I read somewhere a French dude used air small packet and it came in 4 days, on that logic I was hoping mine would come tomorrow haha! Just have to wait and see hope mine goes through with no charge also had heard more peoples got through this way but if I do get caught may try registered sal on my next booster boxes

If you are trying to save money I recommend SAL registered

omahanime said:
Shipping cost on 4 boxes

EMS : 3,840 JPY - $37.29
Air Small Packet : 2,970 JPY - $28.86
SAL Small Packet (Registered) : 2,390 JPY - $23.21
SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) : 1,980 JPY - $19.22
SAL Parcel : 3,735 JPY - $36.25

This is the shipping options I received from AmiAmi. I think it is worth the $4 difference to have tracking.
The downside is how long it can take to get.

This is SAL Registered
February 27, 2014 , 11:06 am - Delivered - OMAHA, NE 68132
February 26, 2014 , 11:16 am - Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available) - OMAHA, NE 68132
February 26, 2014 , 7:58 am - Out for Delivery - OMAHA, NE 68132
February 26, 2014 , 7:48 am - Sorting Complete - OMAHA, NE 68132
February 26, 2014 , 7:12 am - Arrival at Unit - OMAHA, NE 68132
February 26, 2014 - Depart USPS Sort Facility - OMAHA, NE 68108
February 25, 2014 , 9:54 pm - Processed through USPS Sort Facility - OMAHA, NE 68108
February 25, 2014 - Depart USPS Sort Facility - BETHPAGE, NY 11714
February 24, 2014 , 4:22 pm - Processed through USPS Sort Facility - BETHPAGE, NY 11714
February 15, 2014 , 10:31 am - Processed Through Sort Facility - ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
February 7, 2014 , 11:14 am - Processed Through Sort Facility - TOKYO INT D, JAPAN
February 3, 2014 , 10:10 pm - Acceptance - JAPAN

This is EMS
Inbound Into Customs
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
March 16, 2014 , 9:26 am - Processed Through Sort Facility - ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
March 15, 2014 , 10:27 pm - Processed Through Sort Facility - TOKYO INT CONTAINER 1, JAPAN
March 15, 2014 , 6:48 pm - Acceptance - JAPAN

Back