(9) Lots o' News [11/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote Lickilicky! I really want to see him with Cloud Nine! I would love to see weather with that,a and I want Likcilicky to be viable in the Video Games.

Lickitung has already been released with its DW ability. Jeez, would people just look this stuff up before they waste a vote?

Dark Void, competitive players make up a very small portion of the Pokemon community, and smart players make up a small portion also. If you want Ditto, chances are you're going to get Darkrai because "HOLY CRAP DARKRAI LOOK SO COOL NO HIDDEN ABILITY BUT LOOK COOL".

I only voted for Claydol just because I could. I just want him to get a Nintendo event one day even though I know that's not going to happen.

unless I mass hypnotize the fanbase

I voted for Chimchar because I want to raise an Iron Fist Infernape.

I bought the Emboar tin yesterday at San Francisco, the figure looks great, high quality. It was more expensive than the other tins by a dollar, though.

^I got the Samurott tin today, and the figure was great! It's face isn't bad at all!! I have to say, the Promo card has quickly become my favorite card in my entire collection! It's amazing! I got an awesome Absol Prime that looks great, and a Reshiram Holo, (I already had it though) so I had some great pulls! The Samurott tin is great!

I voted for Ho-Oh and Ditto. Yes, it is possible to vote multiple times. Why waste your vote on something like Latios or Arceus, when they don't even have a DW ability? It is a much better idea to vote for something that would likely not be available at any other time.

Ugh. Vote stuffing. Did this happen in the Japanese and Korean evnts too? Few things annoy me more than vote stuffing for something fun like this.

corabed said:
Personally i'd prefer 'The Truth' to be called 'google's Deck' but I suppose n00bs wouldn't but them as much.

Why's that? Did google leave his deck nameless? I had the impression he did call it "The Truth" and that's why his deck to be sold is called that.

TheDarkLucario said:
Dark Void, competitive players make up a very small portion of the Pokemon community, and smart players make up a small portion also. If you want Ditto, chances are you're going to get Darkrai because "HOLY CRAP DARKRAI LOOK SO COOL NO HIDDEN ABILITY BUT LOOK COOL".

A more likely reason why we've had Legendary Pokémon with no hidden ability winning these polls is because they want to fill out their Pokédex. For Japan, Arceus events are very few in number (I believe there are more Victini events than Arceus), and the people who voted Arceus are not thinking of it in terms of the Dream World, but as an ordinary event. Many also don't care about hidden abilities. As for Korea, they didn't join the international scene in Pokémon until the 5th generation. Because the 4th-generation is directly linked to this, which includes Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto Pokémon, that leaves the Hoenn set as the most difficult to find because they have to travel a long way to get to Pokémon Black/White. So what better Pokémon for them to pick than the flagship Legendary of that generation, who appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Basically, I am certain that a majority of the voters are collectors, not players--they're the ones who'd be keeping most up to date with Pokémon events.

pokemonjoe said:
Ik, but if you read my post, eevee breeding ftw. (It's so people can get good natures on magic bounce espeon)
EDIT: Even if it will be uber, ditto actually has a hidden ability making it mor euseful than arceus or something

Theres a big chance the pokémon released will be male-only anyway, since almost all event-pokémon that have been released were male. Besides, female Eevee is released in japan, so its already possible to breed a DW Eevee so it shouldn't be to hard to find one.

I voted for Zapdos ^^

That's what won the Japanese survey. I think most of the voters are going to be silent, and collectors. It happened in Japan and Korea, and I'd suspect even more so for America as we had that whole "Gotta catch 'em all!" slogan.

^That was discontinued some time ago beacause everyone relized that you coldn't catch 'em all. We are simply voting for our favorite Pokemon to get it as a special event (And mayebe a DW we want), and BW can connect to just about any Wi-Fi for GTS, plus after events for about all Gen 1-4 event legendaries are already owned by people like me (I have ALL legendaries for 1st to 4th Gen without any hacks/AR codes, even though I have a few doubles from AR, so I don't need any, I just want what I voted for).

Zekrom Black said:
^That was discontinued some time ago beacause everyone relized that you coldn't catch 'em all.

You are clearly not a true pokémon master.

Also, they have released way too many boxes/tins recently. It's making them lose their appeal to anybody who isn't an avid collector (like myself).

I'm still trying to catch them all! Currently working on Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold, and White versions to complete the National Dex! lol Have over 400 so far! Not bad considering I had ZERO on March 5th! haha

As for boxes, I would prefer they make more smaller boxes with better promos. I can't afford to buy every 20$ that comes out for a good promo!

I almost have all Pokemon. I have all legendaries except Melotta. And smaleer boxes would be nice. $20 per tin/box? I liked it better when tins were $14.99 and boxes were from $9.99 to $14.99.

Zekrom Black said:
^That was discontinued some time ago beacause everyone relized that you coldn't catch 'em all.
This made me laugh so hard. Not only was the grammar and spelling terrible, but you have everything wrong.
The slogan simply faded out over time. It is possible, even to this day, to obtain at least 1 of every single Pokémon on one game cartridge, whether legitimately or not. You CAN "catch them all".
Not only that, but your next post says that you have almost all of them. What stops you from getting the rest?

They stopped using the slogan at the exact moment when it became extremely hard to actually "catch them all" in one game: in RS, which was missing 165 or so older Pokemon when FRLG didn't come out for another year or so. There's no way that was a coincidence.

Yes, it's possible to still catch them all, but it's far less realistic now than it was back then.

2 More days till Release, Idk if I should get this or if I should get NV packs a day later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back