5th Gen Competitive Movesets and Metagame

Chillarmy said:
I'm not too experienced in double battles, but wouldn't the combination of Aerodactyl and Darmanitan die to anything using Surf? It seems kind of pointless to be running them both at once, tbh.
oops, forgot about that. Whimsicott might be more effective, with resistance to water and prankster.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Nature - Bold(?)
252 HP
252 Defense
4 Sp. Defense

-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Recover

How do you think I can improve on this moveset, and what team do you think I should use it on (weather, stall, etc.)?

Is this good?

The Life Orb Sceptile set that does not use physical attacks even though everybody suggests it at Smogon (TLOSSTDNUPASIAS) (OU Set)

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Modest/Timid
Overgrow
252 SpA/252 SpD
- HP Fire/Ice/Water
- Giga Drain/Enegy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm

This set shows how Sceptile can use his SpA this Generation. HP Water is used to
fight off Chandelure, Giga Drain to recover Damage, Focus Blast serves to be a filler. STAB Leaf Storm can make you switch.

I bet this post is the longest here :>

376.gif

Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Meteor Mash/Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch

This is not the standard Leadgross or anything. This is Agilitygross. The Max Attack is obvious, and the 88 Speed ensures that the only things that outspeed you after an Agility (not including Ubers) are Ninjask, Electrode, and Accelgor. The rest of the EVs are dumped into HP for extra bulk. Meteor Mash has the chance of raising your attack, and has a higher base power, that being 100. However, it only has 85 base accuracy. Iron Head gives you the chance of flinching, and while having lower power, it does have 100% accuracy.

Earthquake is pretty standard for any Metagross, to cover those Steel types and stuff like that. The last slot has quite a few options. Zen Headbutt for STAB, and the occasional flinch. Thunder Punch to hit those Flying or Water types harder. And Ice Punch, to hit Dragons and Gliscor harder. Its really pick your poison here, but TBH, Ice Punch hits more things more effectively.

Possible Threats:
Ferrothorn: With its superior defenses, Iron Barbs ability, and the fact that Metagross gets no Fire Moves (barring HP Fire), it can wall this set all day. Its best you have a teammate that can easily handle Ferrothorn in order for this set to be effective, like Magnet Pull Magnezone or Shadow Tag Chandelure (if playing DW).

Excadrill: This threat is fairly obvious, but even its running 0 Speed and a -Speed Nature, it still outspeeds this set during a Sandstorm after you've used Agility. The Earthquake destroys you, no matter what. Once again, the best counter would be Magnet Pull Magnezone or Shadow Tag Chandelure, but you should probably have an Air Balloon or Scarf on either of these two to take on this guy.

Chandelure: You don't have to worry about it AS much in Wifi, but if you use this set in DW, you may want to watch out for Shadow Tag. In order to outspeed a Max-Speed Scarfed Chandelure you either have to run 152 Speed EVs, or change your Nature to Jolly (IMO, you should just use run the extra Speed). However, if Chandelure is on an Air Balloon, just land a hit on it while you go down to the Flamethrower/Overheat. However, if you're in Wifi, switch into a Heatran, assuming you have it. Heatran is the best counter to any Chandelure provided it doesn't have the HP Ground. While both Heatran and Metagross share the Ground weakness, an Air Balloon on Heatran should fix that.

Can someone help me there is this one person i cant best and i really want to beat him can you tell me 6 of the best pokemon possible that are good for wifi battles make it look like how everyone else is doing i dont know his team cuz he changes it everytime i battled him 3 times and lost so plz help you could post here or on my thread

There is no '6 best Pokemon', and there never will be. There will always be counters to whatever popular Pokemon there are.

I meant pokemon that people think are very good i didnt literally mean best i just meant super good pokemon with super good movesets

Adan there isn't any super good pokemon with super good movesets. Most movesets nowadays are horribly limited while some are just straight up wierd. Pokemon can be trained in a variety of ways you just have to figure out your own battle style, what pokemon are best for you, and how you intend to use them.

When we battled earlier had I actually played my cards right I would've beaten you far worse than me having 2 pokemon remaining, more like 4 remaining. HJK is a good-ish move but togekiss is normal/flying type so it will only take the normal amount of damage I actually thought it would've KOed togekiss but it happened differently, had blazekin used stone edge or rock slide you probably would've KOed togi if not severely injure it. You could've easily won that match earlier, had you used blazekin better and KO togi my last pokemon was cryogonal and it doesn't have any moves that would've dealt any worthwhile damage to blazey.

I know but i didnt have stone edege or any ground type moves and now 2morrow i have to battle you again and you said you will use your best team

Yea i wasnt concentrating cuz i was just focus on winnig so i forgot about the flying type

At my local tournament, this was a set I saw in 2-on-2:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash (Probley)/Terrakion @ Life Orb (Probley)
Timid (For Whimsicott)/Adamant/Jolly (For Terrakion)
Prankster (Whimsicott)/Justified (Terrakion)
Whimsicott:
252 SpA (Probley)/252 SpD
- Beat Up
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Hurricane (Probley)

Terrakion
252 Atk/252 SpD
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Whimsicott first would use 'Beat Up' on Terrakion, and since they were out first, this would boost Terrakion's attack by +4, leaving him to sweep like crazy. Taunt was used to cripple Ferrothorn and other Whimsicott, and Tailwind to double the team's speed. The 4th move, I wasn't sure about, though...

Hey can someone make me a good moveset for lucario and rate the one i have
252 atk/ 252 speed/ 4 defense
Hi jump kick
extreme speed
close combat
dragon pulse

Ability:justified
Nature: i have trouble with that so can someone tell me a good nature to pick

adan15 said:
Hi jump kick
extreme speed
close combat
dragon pulse

Use Adamant or Jolly, but drop Dragon Pulse. Try Rock Slide or Stone Edge.

adan15 said:
Hi jump kick
extreme speed
close combat
dragon pulse

You'd be better off just running a SD set.

252 ATK/252 Spe/4 Def
Adamant@Life Orb
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Crunch/Ice Punch/Stone Edge

Adamant gets some key KOs on stuff like Bronzong, which is why I prefer it over Jolly. Life Orb for extra damage. Crunch is the best choice, imo, because it gets coverage on the Psychic types that are making a comeback this generation, but you can use Ice Punch to take care of Dragons, and Stone Edge to hit Flyers.

Use Blaze Kick in place of Dragon Pulse; it doesn't give good coverage being only super effective against Dragon types.
No point of CC if you have HJK. If you want more power, but less accuracy (and a chance to hurt yourself BADLY) use Hi Jump Kick.
If you want more accuracy, less power (but still at a great 120) and both of your defenses to drop, then choose CC.
Now with whatever move you chose, replace the other move with Swords Dance so your attack will go through the roof after one SD!
Also, use a Jolly nature (-Sp. Attack, +Speed) so you can have lots of attack AND speed! :D

Back