5th Gen Competitive Movesets and Metagame

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
I get that you can Recycle whenever and then Sky Attack whenever, afterwards. I don't think you get my point, though. Even though you can spare a few turns in between to make it less weak to Protect, you still have to spend one turn on Recycle and another on attacking this equals two turns to pull off each successful Sky Attack and regular Sky Attack takes one turn to charge also taking two turns. All Recycle does it change the order of the two turns. It's more convenient, but still a waste of time.

E

eeveemaster69

{L}Eelektross@Leftovers
Trait:Levitate
EVs:252 HP/252Spd/6 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, Atk)
- Volt Switch{L}
- Flamethrower{R}
- Hidden Power{W}
- Grass Knot{G}
with various move types, combined with eelektross's lack of weaknesses, this moveset would make eelektross an ideal lead

J

Juliacoolo

I'm assuming that's supposed to be HP Ice?

Even so, that set has overlapping coverage, and is outclassed by others who can play the "Special Toolbox" role much better.

Equinox

Stallwart Player
Holy cat, this thread is still going<3

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 180 Def / 72 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Stone Edge

Mah lurves child<3 Anyone who has played me knows this set, and it's simple. It baits out the opponent's main way to deal with TTar (mainly Terrakion, but it draws out quite a few other threats as well), and puts them out of commission via Paralyses. This set also works as my wallbreaker, as well as my weather killer, being able to hinder the opposing weather user, as well as being a slower Pokemon, which means SS will always be up first. Skarmory isn't a problem, as Focus Punch does quite a bit from the get-go, forcing Skarm to either take the Focus Punch (which deals around 40%) twice, or Roost, and take Focus Punch (which does around 70% damage) so either way, Skarmory isn't a problem.