5th Gen Competitive Movesets and Metagame

OK I am trying to make a Gen 5 team and I have a Chandalure and Whimsiscot what else should I have on my team?

adan15 said:
What is a good moveset for zoroark

Night Daze / Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Flamethrower / Grass Knot
U-turn / Hidden Power (ice)
Item: Choice Specs/Scarf
Illusion ability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
Naive/Timid Nature

Thanks i will try out this team and say you pass the maximum for attack if you give the pokemon prteins could its stats still grow

Can some one list the different types of pokemon? Like for example:
Sweeper.
Wall.
And desricbe what thier roles are and Some pokemon that can fit those roles nicely?

Sweeper is your pokemon that has highest attack that can just basically kill most of your oppoments team
Wall is your pokemon with highest defense that is very hard to kill if people want to fight your team they have to get past the wall i learned that the hard way

I know what they both are but is there other kinds of roles like those :( Also any one please answer my other questions :D

adan15 said:
Thanks i will try out this team and say you pass the maximum for attack if you give the pokemon prteins could its stats still grow

If you continue to give it proteins it will eventually say "This stat can't be raised anymore" or something to that effect.

Yes they increase your EV's until they reach 100 then you have to use wings or do it the old fasion way :p

OshawottFan said:
Can some one list the different types of pokemon? Like for example:
Sweeper.
Wall.
And desricbe what thier roles are and Some pokemon that can fit those roles nicely?

Sweepers: physical, special, mixed
Walls: the above subsets
supporters: spikers/stealth rockers, spinners, baton passers, phazers, clerics/healers

If you want to know good pokemon that fit those roles let me know as there are a decent-ish amount to fit each one.

Hazers are Pokémon who use Haze. Haze cancels out all stat changes. This is important since it means that Pokémon who use stat boosting moves (especially Baton Passers) will have their stat boosts eliminated.
Pseudo-hazers use Roar or Whirlwind. These two moves make the opponent switch out and they are similar to Haze because when you switch out, all your stat changes are gone.
A lot of Pokémon can learn Haze/Roar/Whirlwind, but in order to be a good Haze/Phazer you have to have good defenses. This is especially true for Phazers, because Roar/Whirlwind always go last so your opponent has a free chance to hit you.

Clerics use the moves Heal Bell or Aromatherapy to heal the entire team of status moves. Good Clerics should have high HP or defensive stats so they can successfully heal the team even after taking a hit from the opponent. Clerics often have a recovery move so they can heal their own HP to survive longer.

Its probably not the best 5th gen team but you could try this: haxorus, samurott, garvantula(?), chandelure, sawsbuck, and krookodile.

Phazers are Pokemon that I believe have moves that force switches, like Roar, Whirlwind, or Dragon Tail. Clerics are Pokemon that have the move Wish to restore other Pokemon's health, and they also have moves that heal statuses, like Aromatherapy or Heal Bell.

A good Phazer for a Sand team is Hippowdon, but if you don't run sand, then possibly Skarmory or Swampert. An amazing cleric would be Chansey or Blissey, getting Wish and Heal Bell.

EDIT: Super Ninja, I'm bad at doing the dishes fast :p

Cradily @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+ Defense - Attack)
Storm Drain
EV's: 252 HP, 204 Def., 52 Sp. Def
Final Stats (with 31 IV's) - 376 HP, 178 Attack, 309 Defense, 198 Sp. Attack, 263 Sp. Defense, 122 Speed
-Ingrain
-Toxic
-Recover
-Earth Power

I use this with a Tyranitar lead so sandstorm is up and all Rock-Types get a great Sp. Defense boost, making Cradily's Sp. Defense go through the roof. To make Cradily even more of a pain to take down, I gave it Leftovers AND Ingrain so you get even MORE recovery every turn, (1/8) and paired with Recover, you gain back even MORE HP. I used Toxic and Earth Power because, even though you can't attack Flying Types, Toxic effects everything except Rock and Poison, and Earth Power is super-effective against both of those types, so if you can't Toxic it, you CAN Earth Power it. This thing is a total beast and is VERY hard to take down. What do you think? Anything I could do to make it better?
Thanks!

Back