News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

babyBERT04

Aspiring Trainer
Is Mega Charizard X not in this set? We saw him on the spirit link, so if hes not in the set that would make no sense.

Artifactor

Poet lost in static.
I'm confused, with the reprint revive does that mean the revive from roaring skies would have to be changed or how does that work
XY6_EN_88.png

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'm confused, with the reprint revive does that mean the revive from roaring skies would have to be changed or how does that work
XY6_EN_88.png

No, that card has the correct wording and is the same as the CP6 card; I just initially had the wrong translation for the card in the article. It's since been fixed. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Shiny Bulbasaur

Aspiring Trainer
Secret rare 101/87 is Exeggutor and secret rare 102/87 is Doduo. I emailed WPM scans of the cards.

Also posted them on my instagram @rattledkarp if you wanna check em out.

Last edited:

riChchestMat

Aspiring Trainer
AmiAmi are now asking for payment on pre-orders. I'm still down for 1 box and the Slowbro promo pack. 15 boosters. Asking myself if I go through the fuss of adding 1 box or order now and perhaps add an extra box to my December SunMoon order...

carrotfoot

Aspiring Trainer
I was a fool to think that the open spots before Blastoise EX could have been the regular Blastoise line, especially after seeing that Venusaur was dropped. Garumph.

I guess Beedrill is cool for sniping weak bench Pokemon. Might go well with Yanmega.
I guess Raticate is fun for a late game ace.
I guess Mewtwo is a good Psychic tech.
I guess Brock's Guts is good with a nice FA.

I guess. I'm in the disappointed boat, though.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Well, the FA starters are a little disappointing. Not even textured. I would be kind of upset if I pulled them, seeing as you only get around 1 full art per Japanese box.
Consider yourself lucky to even find a Full Art in a box these days, because ever since the existence of the Break's, they diminish your chances of finding the more valuable secret cards. I bought 6 Awakening Of The Psychic King booster boxes, only sadly got 2 FA's out from them.

Despite that, on a few accounts of the XY sets prior I did annoyingly pull the same regular Mega EX card twice that cut out my chances of any Full Art UR or SR's completely. :(

riChchestMat

Aspiring Trainer
AmiAmi now out of stock so just 1 box plus the promo set for me after all. BTW don't forget the great Misty & Psyduck sleeves go on sale tomorrow too (seems to be in-store only though).

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
(Last time I'll say this but I was really waiting for it: )

I told y'all Clefairy would be a Fairy-type card!!

There. I really never understood why people doubted this.

Last edited:

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Will there still be a reverse holo spot in these packs? In the old ones there were non, so you got a maximum and minimum of one rare. That would be really difficult.

I'm hoping the Secret rares are like prime cards in this set which were only found in the reverse holo spot at around 1 out of every 6-10 packs average, that would then make it easier for the actual remade rare cards from base set to take the rare spot only.

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
Whoa i just missed a ton of stuff xD

I really like the new Arcanine. Might build a Volcanion/Arcanine/Float stone deck