News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

TheCharizardChan1

The Very Best Like No One Ever Was
I want the all of these cards. I hope they include other classic gym leaders as trainers. I would love if they included the Kanto "Gym Badge" Promos in the set
kanto-gym-badges-large.jpg
(or even as English blackstar's accompanying the set) . Last time they had Hoenn "Gym Badge" Promos, we didn't get them.
xroxanne-promo.png.pagespeed.ic.1MMq2z1TmX.webp
xbrawly-promo.png.pagespeed.ic.dUnRcIb9ii.webp
xwattson-promo.png.pagespeed.ic.Faagu6dQL_.webp
xflannery-promo.png.pagespeed.ic.EWigeBCe92.webp
xnorman-promo.png.pagespeed.ic.6GDCkBQtZR.webp
xwinona-promo.png.pagespeed.ic.EJEjJ8zTnT.webp
xtate-liza-promo.png.pagespeed.ic.w1EnAvlnYZ.webp
xwallace-promo.png.pagespeed.ic.3aKdmeELpa.webp

Last edited:

Don Pianta

Old man
here comes team rocket vs town map, like brock's guts vs super rod

hard to say if its worth running the stronger supporter version vs the item one
I don't really see how Here Comes Team Rocket is better than Town Map. Is it a good thing to let your opponent know what his prizes are?

sagen888

Shine on you Crazy Diamond
So are the non-mega starter full arts textured or not? I can't really tell for sure myself. If not, that would be a tad strange...

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
If our full arts for Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, and Pikachu EXS are those cards, I will be incredibly pissed.

sagen888

Shine on you Crazy Diamond
If our full arts for Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, and Pikachu EXS are those cards, I will be incredibly pissed.
I'd be a bit disappointed too tbh. And looking at the way those 3 cards in the pictures reflect the light in a rainbow pattern, I'd say they aren't textured because our promos gave off the same sort of effect as well (if I remember correctly). I doubt they'd give us all new cards for the English release though, so looks like these are the ones we get.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY EVALUATIONS:
  • Brock's Guts - Better than Super Rod! I can run 1 copy of it. Very essential for most decks!!1 Brock's Guts = 2 Super Rods + it is a supporter so you can play it via VS Seeker ;)
  • Here Comes Team Rocket - Not better than Town Map, in my opinion.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Every time I think they couldn't mess this set anymore up, they find new ways to disappoint me:
  • Giving Charizard 7+ cards is awful
  • Skipping Venusaur and Blastoise is bad too
  • Giving the set the title Evolutions and not print complete evolution lines. Why print Caterpie and Metapod but skip Butterfree. Especially when there are many complete evolution lines to choose from. Same story for gastly.
  • Why print those awful not textured Pokemon ex as promo's to make Some quick money and use them as full art fillers in this set too.
  • I bet the Battle Heart Tin Pikachu is the regular on.
  • Why doesn't the secret rare trainer have a gold border?
  • Why skip printing full art professor Oak's Hint
  • Reprinting XY cards doesn't make sense.
  • Reprinting Team Rocket cards doesn't make sense either.
  • I bet the only reason we have a normal Charizard line in this set - opposed to Blastoise and Venusaur - is that they can print that *** awful dark Charizard as a secret rare.
  • They should have stayed with just base set and improve it. Don't reprint incomplete evolution lines, give Some cards EX versions like Hitmonchan. Add Some beautiful stuff like pretty full arts and give oak a full art.
  • Yet another Mewtwo ex also feels cheap
  • And I have many more reasons to be disappointed as ****

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Wow... these full arts are some of the best so far. But Mega Charizard... now that is downright impressive

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
I continue my downward spiral of disappointment with this set.
I like the full art Misty and Brock, but I'm just so irritated over the excessive Mewtwos and Charizards.
I know i'm going to go back to my over-inflated Raichu obsessing. BUT COME THE FRIG ON.
PIKACHU-EX!?!?!
PIKACHU?!?!?
PIKA-friggen-CHU EX. WHY. WHYYYYYYY.
I don't know if I'm allowed to curse on this or not. But I'm super SUPER IRRITATED how much my favorite Pokemon continues to be screwed over by that miserable rat.

Whats the point in reprinting Here Comes Team Rocket! if Town Map is still superior? At least only your prizes flip up with Town Map. They silled it with excessive junk (another Mewtwo, Pikachu, and I'm going to say it... the starter EXs) So they can screw out the Blastoise line, the Venusaur line, the Alakazam line (Don't even get me started how angry I am they're still gutless to print a Kadabra card), and who knows what other lines until the set fully releases.

Going back to the starter EXs, I rather hate very much they're in this set, more so that they're just reprints of the XY ones. Again, it's just junk filler. It probably stems from my disgust that this set has as many Charizards in it as Flshfire (Charizard, Charizard EX, Mega Charizard EX, Charizard EX full art, Mega Chariard EX full art, and the reprint promo, and lets not beat around the bush, it's part of this set since it only exists to promote it).

I'm just overall disappointed, and it upsets me. Awesome if you're excited for this set but really, it's just... disappointing for me.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
So now we know Team Rocket is in the set. If Rocket is in fact a Secret Rare, we still have 1 more Secret Rare to go (Surfing Pikachu was already revealed). I wonder what it could be...

mrkevin1995

Aspiring Trainer
Still very excited for this set but they certainly could've done more with it. Most dissapointed with the starter regular full arts, can't believe there's no Blastoise or Venusaur holos, no Mega Charizard X EX FA (like seriously, he's the more popular one...), would've been great to see all the gym leaders get full arts, and why have Raichu on one of the pack arts if there's no ultra rare of it?

Crimzonlogic

I'm Batwoman.
Charizard spirit link is awesome and here, finally! And finally, a half-decent arcanine. I expect when this set releases in the west Arcanine Break will be in it. I will build a for-fun deck with mega charizard and arcanine break. I'll call it...Charcanine! I'll try to throw in a Generations flareon EX since I adore that card, too. All my favorites of gen 1(sans Nidoking), together in a deck! I'm very much looking forward to this set. Now all I need is that Blacksmith reprint. :)