News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Really hoping for full arts of Erika, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Koga and Blaine.

Also glad we can get the promo full arts with ridges.

And Vileplume sort of gets a full art card.

Not liking the gold borders however.

Idontkno

Aspiring Trainer
Well, the FA starters are a little disappointing. Not even textured. I would be kind of upset if I pulled them, seeing as you only get around 1 full art per Japanese box.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Funny. In the set list discussion thread, I mentioned the possibility of Here Comes Team Rocket being included because it was shown on the official site along with the other classic cards. Then, it was apparent CP6 would be mostly a Base Set copy/paste and I gave up on the idea. Turns out I guessed right but for the wrong reason. This is being included as nod to the anime, not because they wanted to include cards from all classic sets...

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
here comes team rocket vs town map, like brock's guts vs super rod

hard to say if its worth running the stronger supporter version vs the item one

riChchestMat

Aspiring Trainer
Now I have 1 day to panic buy an additional box of this set. Those cards look great (even if many overlap the PTCGI box set EXs). I'd love to get a Misty, Brock or Team Rocket card from this.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
Alright, now I'm confused. An uncommon secret rare?

that is exactly what I thought too, how odd.

And seriously, no Mew Full Art :(

I'm pretty disturbed that the full arts that came from the RGBY boxes aren't textured..

Oddly enough, the full arts are only SRs, not URs.

Are there no URs in this set?

Idontkno

Aspiring Trainer
I'm pretty disturbed that the full arts that came from the RGBY boxes aren't textured..

Yep, this is the oddest decision. Hopefully the pull ratios are a little better in these boxes, I'd be somewhat upset if my SR for the box was an untextured R&B promo.

riChchestMat

Aspiring Trainer
Do we know what the pack ratio is likely to be yet? Previous CP sets have been fairly uniform:
CP2 and CP5 having 3 holos and 1 FA
CP3 having having 4 holos with chance of SR
CP4 having 7 plus 1 trainer, 1 energy and 1 EX
CP6 will have 10 cards. Perhaps it will be like PTCGI with guaranteed rare at the worst? With 15 packs per box from 103 cards maybe we get 1 energy, 1 trainer then 8 including a holo-rare or higher?

Idontkno

Aspiring Trainer
CP6 will have 10 cards. Perhaps it will be like PTCGI with guaranteed rare at the worst? With 15 packs per box from 103 cards maybe we get 1 energy, 1 trainer then 8 including a holo-rare or higher?

Going off of the Amiami description, I'm assuming there is 1 holo per pack at least.

"15 Packs/Box
10 Cards (inclusive of 1 kira card)/Pack"

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Never a fan of full art mega because of the big description bar across the card. But on these old card template they look kinda neat, even better to place it at the bottom, above weakness, retreat and resistance.

I really like the look of the full art supporter cards.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Lt.Surge and Erika to be 101 and 102?

Looks like all the cards scrolling in the 20th anniversary page will get a reprint in some form or another. In that case I can say goodbye to the chances of there being a Poliwrath since it only shows Poliwhirl there.

Last edited: