News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Really good looking, that M blastoise FA. Have to say it's a shame there will be no M Charizard X FA (I guess?) because I can only imagen how good that would look..

Still, very excited. As far as collecting goes this set is an absolute dream come true. Base set cards with gorgious Full Art cards mixed in? Yes please!

Did they seriously just make Kakuna strictly worse than the original? Why would they ever think that was a good idea? Kakuna was never a good card to begin with.

They should give all cocoon pokemon a relevant powerful ability since their attacks are weak.

Alternatively, they could've improved this Kakuna further by keeping the coin flip. For heads damage is reduced by 80 (or prevent any damage), for tails damage reduced by 40. Something like this would've been good.

Hey! I've got a question, is there a new Ho-Oh revealed or you talking about which one ? Sorry didn't check much these days.... if there is a new one revealed a link would be nice. Thanks

We got these 2;

BW6_EN_119.png
XY9_EN_121.png

Ho-Oh just has nice looking full arts.

Omg is that a useful Brock?! I mean, do we even need Karen at this point? Shuffling back 6 Pokémon back into your deck should be sufficient, with the option to shuffle basic energy back as well I would argue Brock is the better supporter.

Omg is that a useful Brock?! I mean, do we even need Karen at this point? Shuffling back 6 Pokémon back into your deck should be sufficient, with the option to shuffle basic energy back as well I would argue Brock is the better supporter.

Karen has disruption potential as it shuffles your opponent's Pokemon in too, so it's not completely redundant.

Really glad were getting full arts of the mega starters.

A good bookend for me with Next Destinies.

Only wish we'd get Pinsir and Mega Pinsir full art ex's in this set.

Not sure if I like this over Super Rod. Back when Flower Shop Lady was a thing, there were times when playing it over an draw supporter was bad and it always sucks when deciding to play this over drawing more cards.

Its like playing Winona over Hoopa EX in Rayquaza EX.

Its like playing Winona over Hoopa EX in Rayquaza EX.

That's not a good comparison. Hoopa EX is way more powerful than Winona or any current supporter that can get Pokémon on the bench. You also have to use draw supportes during earlier turns to get going. Super Rod is an item you play at a later stadium, and Brock is vastly superior. It shouldn't be a problem to discard the card at the beginning of the game to get it back later with a VS Seeker. Brock may also be a better fit for certain strategies like despair ray. It can also help Rayquaza recover big time after a Sky Field has been replaced with Parallel City. Brock is also more versatile than Flower Shop Lady.

that is quite viable and allows decks to have an alternative choice between super rod and brock,but it does bring up Effect versus Draw power with supporters like many other supporters do

That's not a good comparison. Hoopa EX is way more powerful than Winona or any current supporter that can get Pokémon on the bench. You also have to use draw supportes during earlier turns to get going. Super Rod is an item you play at a later stadium, and Brock is vastly superior. It shouldn't be a problem to discard the card at the beginning of the game to get it back later with a VS Seeker. Brock may also be a better fit for certain strategies like despair ray. It can also help Rayquaza recover big time after a Sky Field has been replaced with Parallel City. Brock is also more versatile than Flower Shop Lady.

That is true but my example was to show Item vs Supporter. The Item version will always be superior to its supporter version, though like you said, depends on the deck. Winona grabs 3 colorless Pokemon, which for M Rayquaza is a Shaymin EX and 2 Rayquaza, except its a supporter card. Hoopa EX can do this much better because it doesn't use a supporter so you can get the same thing and still use your draw for the turn.

Brock is a good card but in some cases, Super Rod is just a much better option. I know some decks will be happy to see it.

In standard, Brock will be the better card to use because you don't really want/need to give your opponent back pokemon/energies. In expanded Karen is better because it counters vespiquen variants and counters night march.

Not sure if Brock's Guts will be used over Karen in Mega Garedvoir-EX (STS) decks but it will definitely be in with a shout. Good card that gives us some more options. More of this please!

Back