(2) Worlds 2014 in Washington D.C., Mega Pokemon Trailer

Bo$$_89 said:
Looks like I can make it to worlds next year
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I like the style of the trailer, I hope we get more like it.

I made a joke about the mascot being an Uncle Sam Pikachu.
I think it is nice place for Worlds 2014. Not sure if I can make it though seeing I live in the Midwest of the country.

Am I the only one who keeps on seeing the Honehedge Nintendo Direct when a new video appears on beach?

Honewhat.jpg

ashyboy said:
Please next corocoro reveal starter evolutions we deserve them *_*

I would actually like if we discovered them in game, then people couldn't be so artificial when picking a starter they probably aren't going to use competatively anyway.

So was anyone else super duper letdown when they pumped this new trailer during the Worlds stream? I thought we were going to see something new and amazing alright. But it was just a repeat of what we already knew. They didn't even show Mega KangasKhan :(

I am thrilled worlds will be back on the East Coast! I hate I missed the 2nd FL worlds, but you can bet I will be at worlds 2014!

I believe it is safe to say that the normal Washington DC traffic will undergo a mega-evolution during Worlds season.

I am happy for the rest of you East Coasters that Worlds will be closer for you, but at the same time I feel like laughing at the misfortune of having to wade through DC to get to the venue. I am conflicted.

Wait, Worlds is being held at a place that is a moderate distance from where I live and won't cost me an arm and leg to go?
tumblr_inline_mpmif9S4dK1qz4rgp.gif

I still probably won't be able to go, though. >_>

Go go Mega Pokémon, you mighty Mega Pokémon.

So are the evolutions permanent, or can the item be taken off the Pokémon?

Blob55 said:

I'm assuming yes like every other item. One thing that is one my mind is why does torchic have its hidden ability? Is it because they want us to be able to use it as a normal pokemon or be cause we need the pokemon to have its hidden ability to mega evolve..

Blob55 said:

From http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/: "Unlike regular Evolution, Mega Evolution occurs only durring battle. Once the battle ends, the Mega-Evolved Pokemon will return to its usual state."

From http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/: It said under Mega Ampharos's slide show picture: "Changing type in the middle of battle can throw your opponent for a loop and garner you a significant advantage.

"To use a Mega Stone, give it to your Pokémon to hold. Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution will gain access to their potential only if they first carry a Mega Stone into battle. Other things are needed for Mega Evolution to succeed, and those secrets will be explained later!" - http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/mega_evolution/

If you can give it to a Pokemon to hold, then most likely it can be taken off.

ashyboy said:
I'm assuming yes like every other item. One thing that is one my mind is why does torchic have its hidden ability? Is it because they want us to be able to use it as a normal pokemon or be cause we need the pokemon to have its hidden ability to mega evolve..

According to pokemon, its a lot more then just letting the pokemon hold the mega stone: "Mega Evolution will gain access to their potential only if they first carry a Mega Stone into battle. Other things are needed for Mega Evolution to succeed, and those secrets will be explained later!" - http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/mega_evolution/

That trailer was...interesting I suppose. They tried to make it so intense and serious though that it came out as a little silly.

I still can't get over the fact that worlds is within driving distance for the first time in my life. All the bad traffic in the world couldn't stop me from going! We'll just show up a few days early and go on a family vacation to DC, a real vacation and not some random day trip to the beach for a change. Time to start saving up now!

Back