(2) Worlds 2014 in Washington D.C., Mega Pokemon Trailer

I'm not too far south from you, but yes it is a bit of a drive. You don't need to get a ton of CP if you compete in the Last Chance Qualifiers, but that is a bit of a risk to be honest...

The more I see of the Mega Pokémon the more I like them. I still think they were unnecessary (and slightly over designed/"look at my beautiful hair!") but I'm no longer opposed to the idea.

CMP said:
The more I see of the Mega Pokémon the more I like them. I still think they were unnecessary (and slightly over designed/"look at my beautiful hair!") but I'm no longer opposed to the idea.

It's not hair. It's wool. It shows that he's grown and has become more powerful and experienced. Same goes for his horns being longer.

DNA said:
Ohman177 said:
Well It's supposed to be.
My point being that you missed his point. That extra wool looks undoubtedly like long flowing locks of hair.
He is a sheep. No matter how much it looks like long flowing locks, it's wool.

Ohman177 said:
DNA said:
My point being that you missed his point. That extra wool looks undoubtedly like long flowing locks of hair.

This has to be the most pointless argument ever...

Ohman177 said:
DNA said:

Seeing as this convo is fairly unnecessary, I must say, I've never seen a sheep with such long Luxurious. . . wool. Either way, I think we can all agree, he looks ALMOST as Majestic as Xerneas.

So pumped that Worlds will be within driving distance next year, I live in good 'ol MN, so its only about 16 hours! :D

Shocker said:
Anyone notice the music?
I can't wait for the soundtrack.

I am beyond excitde for the soundtrack. The gym battle theme sounds great, far different than it has in the previous five generations.

The video was actually pretty awesome. Mega Mawile looked amazing and I don't even like Mawile. Here's to hoping for a MegaSableye!

Cortel II said:
So pumped that Worlds will be within driving distance next year, I live in good 'ol MN, so its only about 16 hours! :D
Try 16 minutes.
I might be able to go there to cheer on some friends.
BUT NO PROMISES

You guys... ominous latin chanting AND awesome gitar riff? you didn't have to. You convinced me with ampharos.
But if you want to have john williams and hans zimmer for the next trailer... I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind at. all...

Ohman177 said:
CMP said:

It's not hair. It's wool. It shows that he's grown and has become more powerful and experienced. Same goes for his horns being longer.

I realize what's really happening is that it's getting some wool back, but really, when has wool ever been so flowing? ;) It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, that's all.

My point was not just referring to Mega Ampharos, either...the majority of Megas get some adornment on their heads. In addition to Ampharos, we have Mewtwo's head piece, Lucario's larger "dreads," Mawile extra maw, and Absol's larger horn and fur piece.

I really wish they make every Pokemon a mega form. If not then I'd feel like Pokemon likes to discriminate lol
Sucks for California Peeps like myself that Worlds will be so distant!

Absol and Mawile I feel have enough different from their base forms that they could have been used as regular evolutions. I mean there's about as much different between them and their Megas as Pidgeotto and Pidgeot, Lickitung and Lickilicky, etc.

Back