(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AtmosphericThunder said:
Starboard Driger said:
Was that all? If so, that confirms precisely nothing. :c

Well, according to Water Pokémon Master's source, the rumored Fairy-type is weak against the Poison-type and the Steel-type, and is super-effective against the Fighting-type. This means that Sylveon most likely won't be able to use many (or any) moves of those types with success, possibly hinting at the Fairy-type (if what Water Pokémon Master's source told him about the Fairy-type's strengths and weaknesses is true).
According to Pokejungle, they said it wasn't fighting, is strong against ice, and is affected by poison (which makes more sense anyways, since I watched the skit)

Other than fairy I really want the EV facility, it takes the fun part of pokemon and turns it into the kind of crap kids shows are always warning you about, Ev training should be fun not a hassle just so you can spend hours spamming battle, teach them all the moves they need to know to not lose according the magical all knowing meta and then go online and still lose.

PokemonFreak44 said:
Idk, i personally feel that the introduction of a new type this late in the game is just going to mess everything up. Smh :-(

I don't understand how it's too late? X and Y are going to be on a brand new system and game cart. If there was ever a time to switch things up, it would be now. That means any changes now would be applied to future games just like how it was in Gen II and onward. Obviously it'll change the metagame but people will adjust.

Not sure how I feel all about this. Attacks being dual-typed? That complicates things. A new type? Well it's been a while since we've gotten a new one...Mewtwo has two new forms!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want to see these starters' evolutions. Fire/Psychic...sounds deadly. I like the Fighting-Psychic-Dark thing they did there. Interesting.

Also, here is a PHOTOSHOP recreation of the box arts. Ignore the quality, it gets the job done (since the pictures are so small anyway). I did not make this, in case you were wondering.

ndDWdX3.jpg

Alix Rooker said:
Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Togetic, Snubbull, Granbull, Blissey, Volbeat, Illumise, Happiny, Togekiss, Audino, Sylveon.

I guess retconning these few (I took out a few from your original list :D) then it'd be a
"good" start to welcome full Fairy-types in the new generation.

And i guess with the addition of Mawile, too.

And how legit is this? Someone please explain this pic e.e
936891_396331083814568_2011713262_n.jpg

lol I joined this forum just to show this zoomed in pic and ask about this... my face when I saw the pic x.x'

That''s Doraemon....

There's a lot of other series and characters on the cover that aren't pokemon related.

Ardy said:
And how legit is this? Someone please explain this pic e.e
936891_396331083814568_2011713262_n.jpg

lol I joined this forum just to show this zoomed in pic and ask about this... my face when I saw the pic x.x'

Mascots of the magazine. Nothing special.

Some of you may have figured this out but I think it is worth pointing out. If you take all the Pokemon types and take away the types for which there are already eeveelutions, including Eevee you are left with the following types: Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Steel and Dragon. If you assume that Sylveon isn't normal type then in my opinion it is Fairy type because it mostly resebles a fairy. Even its name has to do with faries or nymphs. It does not look like a Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost or Steel type. So that leaves Fighting, Flying and Dragon type. But if you take what we learned from smash today we also know that it is not Fighting type. If it was Flying or Dragon why would they keep its typing from us for so long? To me it does not look like a Dragon ype. I honestly think it would look more like a classic dragon. So that leaves Flying which is the most likely type of the confirmed types. But again why would they hide it for so long? Therefore based on some facts and assumptions I think that there is a Fairy type in our near future and Sylveon will be a Fairy type.

I'm sorry, you'd have to be a fairy to like the fairy typing. That's such a.... Horrible typing name. Granted I love the type match ups, but the name...

And mewtwo with two formes. I thought one was kind of pushing it... Unless the second is some badass mewtwo re-awakened forme, don't bother showing us.

Dual type moves, maybe. Could be interesting, but also a ruin for others

Aerial battles: FINALLY. Something that caught my attention... For a second I thought we'd have quad-battles announced next. Don't know why...

Agree with the awful-naming of "Fairy type." The stereotypes for a fairy must go with the Pokémon in order for it to be clarified as such, which is some sort of design-lock Game Freak just shut themselves in.

Serperior said:
The stereotypes for a fairy must go with the Pokémon in order for it to be clarified as such, which is some sort of design-lock Game Freak just shut themselves in.
And yet Sylveon looks nothing like a fairy and almost no one ever said it looked anything like one until those rumors starting floating around about a month ago. I think fairy = alien, pink, magical, feminine, etc. It can be a lot of things.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Serperior said:
The stereotypes for a fairy must go with the Pokémon in order for it to be clarified as such, which is some sort of design-lock Game Freak just shut themselves in.
And yet Sylveon looks nothing like a fairy and almost no one ever said it looked anything like one until those rumors starting floating around about a month ago. I think fairy = alien, pink, magical, feminine, etc. It can be a lot of things.
Which is why I'd want it to be called Light type... honestly.

Serperior said:
Agree with the awful-naming of "Fairy type." The stereotypes for a fairy must go with the Pokémon in order for it to be clarified as such, which is some sort of design-lock Game Freak just shut themselves in.

Jorgen_von_Strangle.jpg

Hydro Cannon said:
I'm sorry, you'd have to be a fairy to like the fairy typing. That's such a.... Horrible typing name. Granted I love the type match ups, but the name...

Careful your homophobia is showing. I don't get what's the problem with the name? It's not like the typing means it's going to look like a small winged creature for christ's sake. I mean when I think of Dragon I think of something like Dragonite, but Kingdra is a Dragon. Altaria is a dragon and it just looks like an oversized bird to me. I think you are putting too much stock in the name.

Light type doesn't make sense considering pretty much every translation of Sylveon in different languages goes back to fairy or fairy-esque mythology. Clefairy has fairy in the name and is even classifed as the Fairy Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back