(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derrick McCoy said:
Hydro Cannon said:
I'm sorry, you'd have to be a fairy to like the fairy typing. That's such a.... Horrible typing name. Granted I love the type match ups, but the name...

Careful your homophobia is showing. I don't get what's the problem with the name? It's not like the typing means it's going to look like a small winged creature for christ's sake. I mean when I think of Dragon I think of something like Dragonite, but Kingdra is a Dragon. Altaria is a dragon and it just looks like an oversized bird to me. I think you are putting too much stock in the name.

Light type doesn't make sense considering pretty much every translation of Sylveon in different languages goes back to fairy or fairy-esque mythology. Clefairy has fairy in the name and is even classifed as the Fairy Pokemon.

I don't see any homophobia in saying that he doesn't like the name 'Fairy Type'. Just saying.

Also, while I admit the translation thing does point more to fairies and such, I still want it to be light type.

We already have a Fairy egg-group. About 12 Pokemon classified as the 'fairy pokemon'... I just want light. It seems more fitting.

And on the whole Dragon vs Fairy thing... Dragon = Reptilian and Powerful stuffs. Usually breathes fire and such, but not always. Fairy is almost always a human-like creature with wings. Not very pokemon-like in my opinion. While I could see Sylveon as a Fairy-type, I also see Light-type.

Even if it's just an English translation or anything, I want to see Light type instead...

Hydro Cannon said:
I'm sorry, you'd have to be a fairy to like the fairy typing. That's such a.... Horrible typing name. Granted I love the type match ups, but the name...
Blaziken Uchiha said:
I don't see any homophobia in saying that he doesn't like the name 'Fairy Type'. Just saying.

More like it implies liking fairies is feminine or using "fairy" as slang term for effeminate men, which isn't in good taste either. Lets just drop the insinuations here and stick to discussing the story. If it goes any further than this I will warn accordingly.

I pretty much decided it was Fairy-type a while back myself. It makes the most sense with the evidence presented. If there is a Dragon-type, a Fairy-type isn't too Farfetch'd. The other "insider info" seems believable, but we'll see how it all turns out in the coming weeks/months!

Rusticks said:
hTkpnqt.jpg

The 2 hexagons were officially filled on the pokemon-movie.jp website used to promote the Genesect/Mewtwo movie.

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/long.php

It just shows original Mewtwo and awakened mewtwo and a double arrow implying the ability to go back and forth between them. No evidence for a second new form here.

Wow seems pretty fishy to me. Well you are innocent until proven guilty as they say XD. We will have to wait and see XD.:)

Shining Raikou said:
Hydro Cannon said:
Blaziken Uchiha said:

More like it implies liking fairies is feminine, which isn't in good taste either. Lets just drop the insinuations here and stick to discussing the story. If it goes any further than this I will warn accordingly.

I pretty much decided it was fairy-type a while back myself. It makes the most sense with the evidence presented. If there is a Dragon-type, a Fairy-type isn't too Farfetch'd. The other "insider info" seems believable, but we'll see how it all turns out in the coming weeks/months!

It has nothing to do with Fairy being womanly. If we got the Goblin-type instead, or something like that, it would be equally disliked.

That's also what I meant with... Fairyland or however I called it (forgot it already). I don't mean womanly and such, I meant fairytales in general.

I am not entirely convinced by these rumours. I am however believing more and more that Sylveon is likely a new type (be it fairy or not). I also think it is highly likely both Xerneas and Yveltal are both this new type. The secrecy surrounding their types seems very extreme. Yveltal could easily be a bad-fairy (think Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty).

One thing right in a sea of speculation isn't unreasonable at all. An electric HP draining move could just be a lucky guess. One more real info comes to pass from this source I shall become less sceptical.

Why stop there? I would pick them up, turn them upside down, and drop them on their heads. They wouldn't even look the same after I was done with em.

I'll make sure to do it in front of their five friends and the evil one. Then we could use ink to write on their faces, like Jigglypuff.

Fairy-type sounds plausible.

However I am not too keen on the dual-type moves. (would a Ludicolo with a double STAB Water/Grass move do 16x on a Rhyperior?). If the rumours are true I think these moves will work like Water, Grass and Fire Pledge, but instead of creating an added affect together they will result in a dual-typed move. That way it is somewhat controllable, and not as overpowered.

But the Fighting/Dark/Psychic types of the starter Pokémon make it seems even less plausible. It is something a lot of ''fans'' have been wanting. It means that GameFreak has decided to design the Pokémon after their types, and not the other way around, as they did in the older generations.

Water Pokémon Master said:
I'll make sure to do it in front of their five friends and the evil one. Then we could use ink to write on their faces, like Jigglypuff.

With dark ink, obviously, since that's normal. I marvel at Jigglypuff's skill with a pen.

What if dual type moves are only used in double battles... We already have moves (that many assumed fairy types use) that are only useful in double battles/triple battles. Not exactly sure how this would work but makes more sense than giving pokemon a x16 effectiveness

PokemonFreak44 said:
Alix Rooker said:
Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Togetic, Snubbull, Granbull, Blissey, Volbeat, Illumise, Happiny, Togekiss, Audino, Sylveon.

I guess retconning these few (I took out a few from your original list :D) then it'd be a
"good" start to welcome full Fairy-types in the new generation.

And i guess with the addition of Mawile, too.

Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Blissey, Snubbull, Granbull, Mawile, Sylveon

PMJ said:

With dark ink, obviously, since that's normal. I marvel at Jigglypuff's skill with a pen.

You're so Spanish for bad.

PMJ said:

You're so Spanish for bad.

According to your update on the Mewtwo X thing, it seems like this guy could be the real deal. I really wanted to know all the other information you've gotten from him, but it seems that we'll have to wait until more of this information is confirmed :(

That info on the Mewtwo X file name (M2x) just further supports his claims. Plus the Mewtwo we saw in the trailer had a female voice and then turned into Mewtwo's new form (supposedly the X form) and seeing as the X chromosome is the female one, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Y form which is more masculine (possibly physical Atk orientated?)

However, I wanna say that maybe something got lost in translation with the final starter evolution types, as the whole point to adding Psychic, Fighting, and Dark to the types was to create a reverse strength/weakness cycle to balance out all the starters: At least that's how most fans thought it should have been, seeing as that would've made the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back