(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
redterror117 said:
The concept of the new type bugs me. The reason we saw new types in Gen 2 after all is because Psychic was way overpowered at the time, so new types were introduced to balance gameplay (Metal was resistant to Psychic, and Dark was super effective against it). So bringing in a new type would mean that they're either doing it to balance something, or just as a publicity stunt.

Dragons oppose big threats in the meta being one of the most offensive types and getting a plus to Poison.

redterror117 said:
The concept of the new type bugs me. The reason we saw new types in Gen 2 after all is because Psychic was way overpowered at the time, so new types were introduced to balance gameplay (Metal was resistant to Psychic, and Dark was super effective against it). So bringing in a new type would mean that they're either doing it to balance something, or just as a publicity stunt.

Weakening Dragon, strengthening Poison

Guys, guys.... aerial battles might confirm my other speculation (as of today) that you can actually fly around the region on your Pokemon when choosing to fly from place to place! I was thinking it could give you an option on the touch screen to choose to manually control your Pokemon as the fly animation begins. If you dont press the touch screen before the animation ends, then you would just fly normally like any other game. If you press the touch screen, you could then manually fly to anywhere you visited. The land option would appear when you are above the destination and you would either be unable to land at unvisited places OR you would automatically turn around if you go past the boundaries. I really hope this happens!

Or maybe the Pokemon just take to the skies after a battle is initiated... Either way, I really like the aerial battle idea.

I don't like "Fairy Type" at all. Why make a new type with no need at all. When the dark and steel types were released in gen 2 games, there was a reason behind it. Psychic type pokemon were becoming over powered, so with dark and steel types, the psychic type became generally balanced.
What would the reasoning behind this be? The only reason I see would be trying to spruce up the series. Even that just seems weird.
Whats with the weaknesses and resistances? What's up with the super-effectiveness to fighting? Both the immunity and super-effectiveness to dragon makes no sense at all.
The dual-type attacks sound pretty cool actually. I think it would bring some really interesting strategy to the games. And I'm very interested to see how this new flying type mechanic would play out.

But then again, this is all speculation and unofficial. Hopefully we'll get some insight to this next week.

Interesting to see another new type in Fairy; also we'll finally be getting dual-types; which sounds very interesting.

Maybe on the 17th, the big news will be the Fairy type. All we can do is wait...

For all saying adding a new type is pointless but when they did it in Gen 2 it had a reason:

It's weak against Poison.

Boosting that incredibly underpowered typing is a good reason. Not to mention it gives a bump to Dragons.

Even though these runors are being taken with a grain of salt by everyone, it's always fun to read them. Maybe WPM should post some more up here on the forums, I mean they're just rumors afterall.

Seems legit except fairy type. Here is why

1. No reason for it
2. Besides Clefairy, Celebi, and Sylveon, no one else should have it
3. Strong against dragons, now that's pushing it.

Reggie McGigas said:

1. No reason for it

Why so on 3? Im curious on your opinion

Double type attacks: Yes, it could make the game harder and more amusing
Fairy Type: Yes, but no.. I don't like the "fairy" title
Mewtwo has another forme: Hope that's something more deffensive
Pr. Patrice: No comments about
Starter finals evos: Finally choosing starters will be hard
Gyms: Hope that third will be Dark, The first one being bug is cool, make it relatively easy for all types
Flying-Levitate thing: No comments, I rarely use them
EV's watching: Totally YES!

Annihilator27 said:
Reggie McGigas said:

1. No reason for it

Why so on 3? Im curious on your opinion

Well, some weakness/resistance makes sense. Ground is strong against electric, water is strong against fire, but fairy and dragon?

Plus, all types except fighting/normal/dragon represent an element. Fairy wouldn't really fit as well.

Also Mewtwo with 3 forms?

Wut.

Maybe the fairy-type will be real. The Japanese name of Sylveon is Nymphia and if you see nymphs are deities that are sometimes depicted as fairies. Just a guess.

>Fairy type has no reasoning
<Nerfing Dragons and helping Poison types
>Fairy type shouldn't have immunity to Dragon
<Fairies battle Dragons or something
>There is no reason for an immunity
<They're too little
>They're weak to Steel too
<Steel is too heavy for them
>But they can support a Dragon?
<They don't support them, they just slay them
>Being super effective to Dark and Fighting doesn't make sense either
<Fairies have light and can scare people fighting

Stop complaining. There you have reasons why it has the typing.

Note: > is the hater
< is the lover

Reggie McGigas said:

1. No reason for it

Celebi is already double type..

Crazuu said:
Reggie McGigas said:

1. No reason for it

Celebi is already double type..

Change Psychic to Fairy. Done.

Hmmm... Seems rather intersting. Fairy sounds weird to have as a type. Its not an element or an ability I just don't see how that is gonna turn out. Something seems fishy but we'll see. Mewtwo having two new formes sounds cool. Hopefully the second one will be better than the first. Patrice sounds like a lame name but who cares. But its weird how they would change Mawile's type. I dunno about that. As for the dual-typed moves I have no idea how that is gonna work but it sounds cool for now. It seems weird how someone would get these random chunks of information though. Like knowing the starters final evolution types but not their names, knowing Mewtwo's types are activated by items but doesn't say the item name, knowing the first,second and fourth gym types but not the rest, not naming the dual-type attacks. But some of that information may be in the other info WPM was talking about. Hopefully we'll get a confirmation soon for any of these details.

Reggie McGigas said:

1. No reason for it
1: I'd say there's a pretty damn good reason for it. Poison and Steel need a bit of an offensive boost, and Dragon needs to be taken down a notch.
2: I dunno, I can kinda see the logic in making Mawile Steel/Fairy, for starters.
3: Why? That type needs to be taken down a notch. It's only got two weaknesses so far- itself and Ice. Dragon-types are generally thought of as some of the most powerful Pokémon in existence, and with stuff like Dragonite, Garchomp, Haxorus, Salamence, and Hydreigon, not that hard to see why. And that's just the non-legendary examples!

Pokémon Smash says, not Fighting, Poison, or Steel. Can't be Water, Fire, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, or Ice. That leaves Bug, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Rock, and the new Fairy if real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back