(1) 'Shiny Collection' Scans and Translations!

PMJ said:
Anyway, though most of these cards are sub-par competitively, at least they're pretty. Scans probably don't do them justice, though.

Definitely agree, as this seems to be the case for a lot of the coolest looking Japanese cards. I'll have to wait a while to get mine, since I'm having them shipped to the States, but I can't wait to see them in person, especially all the different holo styles. This looks to be a pretty cool and unique set.

Frost said:
I NEED THAT FULL ART MELOETTA IN MY LIFE.
^

...Also, there is something seriously wrong with that Audino.

Will we be able to use these in competitive play? Or would they be just for the heck of it?

You could, but I don't recommend it, because most of this set's cards aren't playable.

Wow. I'll probably buy one box and then buy the singles depending on what I pull. Really like the full arts and some of the regular stuff but the Gardevoir and other "sexy" posing Pokemon still bother me and I probably won't keep them very long.

Furn said:
DirtyDan said:
I really don't like that Emolga, I wish instead they would've made a Full Art Elesa.

FA Elesa will probably be in Megalo Cannon, I doubt that many little girls would care about getting that card so they skipped it here.

Colres and N were also the only FA Supporters who appeared with the first release of their normal card, so it's not odd for them to have been split up.

What about Skyla?

I thought Skyla was printed in Cold Flare first then Plasma Gale full art. Boundaries Crossed did them at once though.

I would like a regular FA Elesa over one with sparkles all over it.

Hah! Seprerior (the user) is quite happy about this Serperior (the Pokémon). I really think it has some good potential since its ability grants it free retreat. And all you need is a Pluspower or Hypnotoxic Laser to OHKO Keldeo EX's! Kehhhehhehe.

Also, hey, check out Elesa! That coat is waaayyy too puffy though... do super models really wear coats like that?

That's pretty interesting how she retrieves 3 Pokémon Tools at once. Like T-Pot said, it should make the ACE SPEC tools playable, especially Rock Guard when we get it for Garbodor!

Gwohwohwjohwohhwhoihihhjohwhwhwjhihhojwwhhwioo!!

9Tailz said:
You could, but I don't recommend it, because most of this set's cards aren't playable.

Well Reshiram could be used in a Reshiboar deck.

Will these be released in US?

SH49er said:
Will these be released in US?

No way to know for now. TCPi hasn't released anything about it yet.

The last "special" Japanese release was Dragon Collection, and the US/Europe/etc. got that in the form of the Dragon Vault blister packs. Not sure if they would do such a thing for Shiny Collection, since the type of consumer this product is aimed at in Japan (young girls) is a very small market for Pokémon outside of Japan. There has been some speculation about if/how it would be released, but it's just speculation for now.

Maybe in special bonus backs similar to sampling packs and a booster sorta deal?

Has anyone else noticed there is only one Rare?

What do you think the pull rates will be like?

We have
10 commons
9 uncommons
1 rare
5 SR

I'd probably guess like 1-2 uncommons per pack. But seam quiet weird with only 1 rare, and then 5 SR?? o_O Maybe one meloetta per box and one SR, or they make Meloetta as rare as the SRs and 2 R or SR per box. They could also make on R/SR per box but that would be pretty redicolous ;___;

I have no clue what the pull rate are going to be. I think it would've made more sense to skip on Meloetta EX and just made a FA Meloetta from Boundaries Crossed. No rares, just Secret Rares.

This mini set is pretty disappointing overall. I mean, the only good cards I can find are the reprints (Shaymin EX, Emolga, and Mew EX), and to some extent, Elesa (tool search is a huge asset for Garbodor decks). The full art Emolga also really surprised me though, considering that legendaries/supporters are the only ones to get full art cards, but hey, I don't have that much of a problem with it considering that it does have some pretty cute artwork there.

In truth, however, I would just avoid buying this set unless you want to get your hands on the full arts and Elesa.

Back