(1) Pokemon X/Y Anime Starts October 17th [6/29]

signofzeta said:
Sky Pillar said:
@signofzeta

You think Ninja = Thief? Stop playing your maplestory and WoW and pick up a history book.

You think brute strength = fighting-type? Tell me, why isn't darmanitan fighting-type, surely 140 base att counts for brute strength, or what about Granbull, or Rampardos?

In fact, a true martial artist can use little to no strength in hand-to-hand combat, skill and technique is where you seperate the true fighter from the imbecile.

You totally failed ninja school. Fighting types are those who fight in the open, seen by the enemy. Ninjas don't like to be seen. They attack from the shadows, which are what dark type moves are.

Ninjas are 0% fighting type, because as I said, ninjas attack without being seen. When someone thinks of fighting, it is usually a match where both parties are able to see one another.

I don't care about your god forsaken ninja school, you're saying that something has to openly fight just to be fighting-type, you must have such a high voice at gamefreak. I'm pretty sure they think about how visible a pokemon is when determining whether or not it should be fighting-type. And again there are several variations of niinja, you're using the cliche one, Here's one in a more fighting-type sense:
http://www.ninjutsu.org.uk/takamatsu_ninjutsu_grandmaster.html

Sky Pillar said:
signofzeta said:
You totally failed ninja school. Fighting types are those who fight in the open, seen by the enemy. Ninjas don't like to be seen. They attack from the shadows, which are what dark type moves are.

Ninjas are 0% fighting type, because as I said, ninjas attack without being seen. When someone thinks of fighting, it is usually a match where both parties are able to see one another.

I don't care about your god forsaken ninja school, you're saying that something has to openly fight just to be fighting-type, you must have such a high voice at gamefreak. I'm pretty sure they think about how visible a pokemon is when determining whether or not it should be fighting-type. And again there are several variations of niinja, you're using the cliche one, Here's one in a more fighting-type sense:

No he's right. Ninja's were assassins who hid in the shadows and attacked when their target's back was turned. Dark. Type.

Ohman177 said:
Sky Pillar said:

No he's right. Ninja's were assassins who hid in the shadows and attacked when their target's back was turned. Dark. Type.

You don't listen well either, I said there are several variations to what can be seen as ninja or those who practice ninjutsu. The one you guys are describing is the typical one, but it's not the only one. Plus, all in-game ninja npcs use either poison and/ or flying-types so if anything those types would bend in the favor of a ninja but to say 0% fighting is pure ignorance.

Sky Pillar said:
Ohman177 said:

You don't listen well either, I said there are several variations to what can be seen as ninja or those who practice ninjutsu. The one you guys are describing is the typical one, but it's not the only one. Plus, all in-game ninja npcs use either poison and/ or flying-types so if anything those types would bend in the favor of a ninja but to say 0% fighting is pure ignorance.

I still believe GF would base it off a traditional ninja if at all.

Bug actually suits ninjas the most, which is probably why Accelgor and Ninjask exist. They're tricky, and often quite swift, and can be stealthy. No need to think about in terms of what a humanoid ninja would be represented by, it should be based on what a ninja Pokemon would be. Ghosts are very similar to Bugs in this way, too, so they also fit. Of course, this isn't too relevant to the discussion.

I wouldn't consider Dark PARTICULARLY fitting for ninjas, but it's not impossible for a ninja to fit under what the Dark type represents. (Not all Dark-types are even close to evil. Absol is more or less completely "good" or at least neutral in almost every depiction for example.)

I don't think speculating on the starter lines' secondary types (if any) is worthwhile. I don't think they're going to be very predictable. Note the Types of move learned by the starter don't necessarily mean anything. Charmander's learning of Dragon Rage is rare for a non-Dragon, too, but it isn't, and doesn't evolve into, a Dragon-Type. Same with Torchic's Mirror Move and Piplup's Drill Peck. Of course, they do have traits of the Dragon and Flying-types that do normally learn those moves, but that's kinda my point. A Pokemon can have traits of a type without being that type.

I expect Fennekin's learning of Psychic is merely an indication that the movesets of Gen VI Pokemon will be more diverse than in Gen V.

RiverShock said:
Bug actually suits ninjas the most, which is probably why Accelgor and Ninjask exist. They're tricky, and often quite swift, and can be stealthy. No need to think about in terms of what a humanoid ninja would be represented by, it should be based on what a ninja Pokemon would be. Ghosts are very similar to Bugs in this way, too, so they also fit. Of course, this isn't too relevant to the discussion.

I wouldn't consider Dark PARTICULARLY fitting for ninjas, but it's not impossible for a ninja to fit under what the Dark type represents. (Not all Dark-types are even close to evil. Absol is more or less completely "good" or at least neutral in almost every depiction for example.)

I don't think speculating on the starter lines' secondary types (if any) is worthwhile. I don't think they're going to be very predictable. Note the Types of move learned by the starter don't necessarily mean anything. Charmander's learning of Dragon Rage is rare for a non-Dragon, too, but it isn't, and doesn't evolve into, a Dragon-Type. Same with Torchic's Mirror Move and Piplup's Drill Peck. Of course, they do have traits of the Dragon and Flying-types that do normally learn those moves, but that's kinda my point. A Pokemon can have traits of a type without being that type.

I expect Fennekin's learning of Psychic is merely an indication that the movesets of Gen VI Pokemon will be more diverse than in Gen V.

Dark type are more like thieves, but looking at ninjas again, I don't think they steal stuff. Ninjas, along with assassins, covert ops, and perhaps spies go for the silent kill, and I don't know which type best suits the silent kill type. I know for sure, fighting is not the silent kill type. Those are the types that prefer broadswords over katars. I know of no fighting type moves that is the silent kill type. Most are attacks that go the direct approach.

Did we seriously get into the discussion of ninjas because of Froakie's pose? C'mon man!

signofzeta said:
RiverShock said:

Dark type are more like thieves, but looking at ninjas again, I don't think they steal stuff. Ninjas, along with assassins, covert ops, and perhaps spies go for the silent kill, and I don't know which type best suits the silent kill type. I know for sure, fighting is not the silent kill type. Those are the types that prefer broadswords over katars. I know of no fighting type moves that is the silent kill type. Most are attacks that go the direct approach.

Did we seriously get into the discussion of ninjas because of Froakie's pose? C'mon man!

"go for silent kill." So what you're saying is, they attack when their enemies aren't suspecting it. So they are at an unfair advantage. Seems pretty dark to me...

Let's return back to the original topic shall we?
What current Pokemon that have been revealed do you think Ash will add to his team?
I'm thinking Pancham will be one. :)

KiKi said:
Let's return back to the original topic shall we?
What current Pokemon that have been revealed do you think Ash will add to his team?
I'm thinking Pancham will be one. :)

As Ash always uses the regional bird, I think Fletchling is on his team :)

Ash usually has a grass, fire, water, and flying type in his team. He may or may not have all 3 starters, but if he doesn't, his traveling buddies do.

"It's been 16 years and Ash is still not a pokemon master" HAHAHAHA xD

He'll forever be trapped in a cycle of no progression.

Unlike Power Rangers, Yu-gi-oh, Beyblade, or even games like Megaman, they can't afford to swap him out for a new main character or show him change (aside his team and clothes). Noooooooo that's crazy. You want them to show Ash grow up and battle some new kid? Heck no!

And forget about making a darker story like Megaman X, that's business suicide.

The anime would probably survive without Ash if they really wanted to, but they just don't. It'd probably go over about as well as it did for Power Rangers after it started phasing out all of the original Rangers -- turns off a lot of the current fan base but eventually allows for new fans to come in and the popularity rebounds decently. Particularly because Pokemon still has mega-selling video games and Nintendo backing it and already survived the loss of Misty and Brock.

MrSquarepants said:
"It's been 16 years and Ash is still not a pokemon master" HAHAHAHA xD

He'll forever be trapped in a cycle of no progression.

Unlike Power Rangers, Yu-gi-oh, Beyblade, or even games like Megaman, they can't afford to swap him out for a new main character or show him change (aside his team and clothes). Noooooooo that's crazy. You want them to show Ash grow up and battle some new kid? Heck no!

And forget about making a darker story like Megaman X, that's business suicide.

We already talked about this. He is like 14-15 MAX. Everything makes total sense.

I don't know what is better, a bunch of kids achieving their goal, or one kid never achieving his goal. Whatever.

They should at least have the main characters be based off the male and female characters of their respective games. Ash is supposed to be based on Red. I don't understand why Ethan, Brendan, Lucas, Hilbert, Nate, and now Calem can take the spotlight, although Ash could continue into the Gold and Silver saga, taking Brock's spot, while Ethan takes Ash's spot. The thought of Ash starting all over doesn't feel right nor makes any sense.

I just hope there are going to be two Pokemon that is a one-legged puppy and a two-legged elephant.

signofzeta said:
I just hope there are going to be two Pokemon that is a one-legged puppy and a two-legged elephant.

Wait... Doo we have an elephant pokemon yet?

I want a show starring the gym leaders... they're the best work done with limited characterization in the games, they're always well-designed with professions and hobbies, there's lots of strong female characters among them, and they'd make a great ensemble cast for a cartoon.

But frankly, it doesn't matter what game characters they use. Something more faithful to the games and in the style of the BW2 promo trailer? Fans would DEVOUR IT

If they cant give up on ash why cant they make him a pokemon master -then create a new main character that begins his journey and ash follows him like brock ?

Back