(1) Pokemon X/Y Anime Starts October 17th [6/29]

pikalord025 said:
Ohman177 said:
We can't just assume that though. Considering Ash's birthday to be April 1st, the fact that there have been 829 episodes not counting movies so far (including July 4th's episode), and each episode is a day in their life, Ash has been journeying for approximately 2.2 years and is currently 13.

Also, not counting the episodes that occur over the course of more than one day.

Still around the age of 13. No logical problem here.

Spammy said:
Ohman177 said:
I think he will actually be the dark type and that we are going to get a "blow your mind crazy unexpected" second type for Chespin.

Ninja doesn't just imply poison/dark. It also means fighting imo :)

Fighting types are the opposite to what ninjas do.

Ninja can imply fighting-type, remember the dark-type is the evil-type in japan. Ninjas can be honorary fighters or dastardly ones, they aren't always evil

Sky Pillar said:
Ninja can imply fighting-type, remember the dark-type is the evil-type in japan. Ninjas can be honorary fighters or dastardly ones, they aren't always evil

He seems pretty evil to me based on the pic. But then again they all are scowling. Hmmm.
I noticed most of the talk is Froakie and Chespin. Has everyone just come to a consensus that Fenniken is Fire/Psychic lol?

Ohman177 said:
Sky Pillar said:

He seems pretty evil to me based on the pic. But then again they all are scowling. Hmmm.
I noticed most of the talk is Froakie and Chespin. Has everyone just come to a consensus that Fenniken is Fire/Psychic lol?

All fingers point to yes, it was shown using an ambiguous psychic-type move in the trailer and it's confirmed to learn psychic which is odd for a basic stage starter.

It's hard to argue it not becoming part psychic down the line... but they could trick us like they did with oshawott.

We don't know how long each generation is, but I can tell you for certain that one month per generation is highly inaccurate. Something always happens, or Ash always says things here and there every generation that prove the journey has actually been many months. For example, his Unova league prep at Cynthia's vacation home alone took a few months, so the whole Unova experience would have been much longer. There was also significant time lapse within his Hoen journey as well, like the period of time he used to train for the Dewford gym.

Anyway, I'm not holding my breath but I think if any generation of Pokemon can rectify the anime's image in the minds of all the haters, it would be Kalos. A large portion of the X/Y campaign seems to be about change and innovation. All we can do is hope to see that translate over to the anime too.

Teal said:
;__;

The anime seems to be just like BW.

Not surprised though. xP

What Mitja said. But I know I'll be waiting forever.

They should give the serious anime to Production I.G and they should fund it with Blu Ray disc sales, like "normal" (otaku) anime. That would be sure to make some money AND make the fans happy AND advertise Pokémon to older people, so WHY NOT!

Am I the only one who likes the BW saga? It beats Sinnoh hands down and is better than half of the Hoenn saga. I love the story and risks they took with the BW anime, having darker moments outside of the movies. I saw the possession episodes and couldn't believe Pokemon (modern day) would ever air those episodes.

Spammy said:
Ohman177 said:
I think he will actually be the dark type and that we are going to get a "blow your mind crazy unexpected" second type for Chespin.

Ninja doesn't just imply poison/dark. It also means fighting imo :)
Ninja's in Japan are seen as those who hide in the shadows, very swift and unseen (like the dark) more than fighting. The fighting type represents more brute strength than any weaponary types.

Elite Stride said:
We don't know how long each generation is, but I can tell you for certain that one month per generation is highly inaccurate. Something always happens, or Ash always says things here and there every generation that prove the journey has actually been many months. For example, his Unova league prep at Cynthia's vacation home alone took a few months, so the whole Unova experience would have been much longer. There was also significant time lapse within his Hoen journey as well, like the period of time he used to train for the Dewford gym.

Anyway, I'm not holding my breath but I think if any generation of Pokemon can rectify the anime's image in the minds of all the haters, it would be Kalos. A large portion of the X/Y campaign seems to be about change and innovation. All we can do is hope to see that translate over to the anime too.

He would still be 13-14.

Sky Pillar said:

Not really, fighting type involves physical brute strength, and close quarters combat, while ninjas do none of that. Dark moves are no longer necessarily only evil, but sneaky as well. Sneak attacks belong in the dark type, not the fighting type, like pursuit. The fighting type is all about honor, and fighting fair, and when you are a ninja, there is no such thing as being fair.

So Ninjas are 0% fighting, and if you are a ninja using the "fighting" style, then you aren't a ninja at all.

If you put this in RPG style, Fighting types are Fighters (today, we call them Warriors), Psychic types are Mages, and Dark types are Thieves, that is, the Figher, Mage, Thief.

I think you are just confusing Ninjas with Samurais. Samurais are more like the Fighting type, while Ninjas are more like the Dark type.

Any move that would be associated to a the Thief/Assassin/Rogue class in other RPG's are always Dark type moves in Pokemon.

signofzeta said:
Sky Pillar said:

Not really, fighting type involves physical brute strength, and close quarters combat, while ninjas do none of that. Dark moves are no longer necessarily only evil, but sneaky as well. Sneak attacks belong in the dark type, not the fighting type, like pursuit. The fighting type is all about honor, and fighting fair, and when you are a ninja, there is no such thing as being fair.

So Ninjas are 0% fighting, and if you are a ninja using the "fighting" style, then you aren't a ninja at all.

If you put this in RPG style, Fighting types are Fighters (today, we call them Warriors), Psychic types are Mages, and Dark types are Thieves, that is, the Figher, Mage, Thief.

Any move that would be associated to a the Thief/Assassin/Rogue class in other RPG's are always Dark type moves in Pokemon.

EXACTLY! Since Froakie is most likely the dark type now, chespin is still the mystery mon.

Ohman177 said:
signofzeta said:

EXACTLY! Since Froakie is most likely the dark type now, chespin is still the mystery mon.

Woah woah woah woah woah, wasn't it clear it was going to be:

Chespin is Grass/Dark
Fennekin is Fire/Psychic
Froakie is Water/Fighting

or did that piece of information turn out to be false?

signofzeta said:
Ohman177 said:

Chespin is Grass/Dark
Fennekin is Fire/Psychic

Have you missed the whole conversation that just happened? Go back and read lol.

Ohman177 said:
Elite Stride said:

He would still be 13-14.

Did I ever deny that possibility? Nope.
I wasn't really talking about the age of Ash anyway. But based on what I mentioned before, I'd be more inclined to say that Ash is more like 15 going on 16 if he actually aged in the Pokemon world. Give or take a little.
It's a shame he didn't age. I think it would be pretty sweet to see a 16 year old Ash is Kalos.

signofzeta said:
Sky Pillar said:

I think you are just confusing Ninjas with Samurais. Samurais are more like the Fighting type, while Ninjas are more like the Dark type.

lol wut?

If I was referencing Samurai, I would have said Samurai. We already had a samurai water starter last gen I wouldn't expect them to repeat that.

You're using modern day RPG standards to reflect what a ninja is? Ninja train their body, they train their mind, they train their discipline, they train the same as every other self-respecting martial artists would.

Ninja fight, boxers fight, sumo fight, point fighters fight, etc.

You claim 0% fighting, Funnily enough we have construction working pokemon(Conkeldurr and his relatives) yet that has nothing to do with fighting.

Elite Stride said:
Ohman177 said:
He would still be 13-14.

Did I ever deny that possibility? Nope.
I wasn't really talking about the age of Ash anyway. But based on what I mentioned before, I'd be more inclined to say that Ash is more like 15 going on 16 if he actually aged in the Pokemon world. Give or take a little.
It's a shame he didn't age. I think it would be pretty sweet to see a 16 year old Ash is Kalos.

No you did not I was simple stating a point :p

Sky Pillar said:
signofzeta said:

lol wut?

If I was referencing Samurai, I would have said Samurai. We already had a samurai water starter last gen I wouldn't expect them to repeat that.

You're using modern day RPG standards to reflect what a ninja is? Ninja train their body, they train their mind, they train their discipline, they train the same as every other self-respecting martial artists would.

You claim 0% fighting, Funnily enough we have construction working pokemon(Conkeldurr and his relatives) yet that has nothing to do with fighting.

Construction workers are usually quite strong. So they would be classified as fighting. Ninjas on the other hand don't always need physical strength. They're cunningly clever and usually hide in the shadows until they can strike with the advantage. One of the main things of a traditional ninja is to try to not face your opponent head on. They were basically assassins.
All those things tell me dark type.

Sky Pillar said:
signofzeta said:

lol wut?

Dude, you just failed ninja school. I guess you also failed rogue, assassin, thief, covert ops, and spy school too. Timburr, Gurdurr, and Conkledurr have a thing in common with fighting types. Brute strength and face to face combat. Soldiers do the fighting. Spies don't. They go behind the scenes to do their damage covertly. Fighting is by no means covert.

So you are saying a thief is a fighter? Well ok then. I guess those (plastic butter)knives are handy weapons.

Ohman177 said:
signofzeta said:

Chespin is Grass/Dark
Fennekin is Fire/Psychic

Have you missed the whole conversation that just happened? Go back and read lol.

Well, only believe facts, not speculations, well I believe speculation closer to fact, and the front page speculation by WPM is more factual speculation that speculation within a thread, unless it is stated for sure that Froakie's second type is Dark, after evolution of course, but that is based on wild guesses from what is unknown under Froakie's bubble beard. For all it's worth, it could be a wormhole that allows Froakie to carry a blaster, shotgun, super shotgun, machine gun, chaingun, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, hyperblaster, railgun, and BFG10K at the same time. It could also be speculated that it could hide a very big sword. Heck, it could also hold magic scrolls, or a rubber ducky. Heck, it could also be covering the that which shall not be named, and froakie really needs to scratch it.

I think it is ridiculous that froakie has a secondary dark type just because of his pose. I think froakie is pure water type, and we know nothing about the starters' evolutions yet.

I predict the final evolution for Froakie will be called Grog. The beard will be larger and will be of beer foam.

@signofzeta

You think Ninja = Thief? Stop playing your maplestory and WoW and pick up a history book.

You think brute strength = fighting-type? Tell me, why isn't darmanitan fighting-type, surely 140 base att counts for brute strength, or what about Granbull, or Rampardos?

In fact, a true martial artist can use little to no strength in hand-to-hand combat, skill and technique is where you seperate the true fighter from the imbecile.

I'm excited for the anime I hope he gets chespin and no other starters to leave more room on his team for other cool pokemon because if he gets all three then thats five pokemon already starters pikachu and whatever bird he gets probably fletchling

Sky Pillar said:
@signofzeta

You think Ninja = Thief? Stop playing your maplestory and WoW and pick up a history book.

You think brute strength = fighting-type? Tell me, why isn't darmanitan fighting-type, surely 140 base att counts for brute strength, or what about Granbull, or Rampardos?

In fact, a true martial artist can use little to no strength in hand-to-hand combat, skill and technique is where you seperate the true fighter from the imbecile.

You totally failed ninja school. Fighting types are those who fight in the open, seen by the enemy. Ninjas don't like to be seen. They attack from the shadows, which are what dark type moves are.

Ninjas are 0% fighting type, because as I said, ninjas attack without being seen. When someone thinks of fighting, it is usually a match where both parties are able to see one another.

Back