(1) Pokemon X/Y Anime Starts October 17th [6/29]

scattered mind said:
If they cant give up on ash why cant they make him a pokemon master -then create a new main character that begins his journey and ash follows him like brock ?

Or make Ash the Champ, and then have him featured in an arc (say 5-8 eps) with the new hero or heroine.

Pikachu can still be the de facto mascot of Pokémon [to non-Pokémon fans at least] and show up in a few episodes in the wild or something for the new hero or heroine.

But since we're stuck with Ash, I want him to bring Scraggy and Gible along with him to Kalos. (Obviously I want him to bring Infernape, but Infernape would be too overpowered for a new region >_<.) Gible can evolve to Gabite, and maybe a Garchomp closer to the region's tournament.

May got a fire starter dawn get a water starter. i think if yvonne or serena joins the anime she will choose chespin and make it evolve to 2nd stage (may get the 3rd stage and daw n stayed at 1st stage)-

Ohman177 said:
MrSquarepants said:
"It's been 16 years and Ash is still not a pokemon master" HAHAHAHA xD

He'll forever be trapped in a cycle of no progression.

Unlike Power Rangers, Yu-gi-oh, Beyblade, or even games like Megaman, they can't afford to swap him out for a new main character or show him change (aside his team and clothes). Noooooooo that's crazy. You want them to show Ash grow up and battle some new kid? Heck no!

And forget about making a darker story like Megaman X, that's business suicide.

We already talked about this. He is like 14-15 MAX. Everything makes total sense.

Lol... Oh wait. are you serious? You are actually okay with this?

Yeah we all know that he's still around 10-15 or whatever but the point I'm trying to make is that they can't seem to upgrade or change things up a bit more. It's not how he hasn't grown yet, it's why they won't let him.

MrSquarepants said:
Ohman177 said:
We already talked about this. He is like 14-15 MAX. Everything makes total sense.

Yeah we all know that he's still around 10-15 or whatever but the point I'm trying to make is that they can't seem to upgrade or change things up a bit more. It's not how he hasn't grown yet, it's why they won't let him.

My point was that he is physically growing, Maybe being held back mentally by the writers, but he has progressed physically and the timeline makes sense. I'm pretty sure at one point they even updated his voice to represent puberty.

Ohman177 said:
MrSquarepants said:

My point was that he is physically growing, Maybe being held back mentally by the writers, but he has progressed physically and the timeline makes sense. I'm pretty sure at one point they even updated his voice to represent puberty.

In the beginning of the BW series, they stated he was still 10 years old; in the Japanese and English dubbed episode.

I hope he will be older in the X and Y series, as they already celebrated his 1 year anniversary with Pikachu, it makes no sense to me that he is still 10.

They've never updated Ash's voice for "puberty." Rica Matsumoto has voiced him in the same way since day one in Japan. Veronica Taylor went through a couple different variations -- her original Ash voice, which was when Pokemon was running in syndication and was the only show 4Kids's staff had, was actually deeper than the two variations that came later -- and then it changed to Sarah Natochenny when all of the voice actors changed.

Well all I know so far (I don't watch the anime, I catch bits and pieces when I flip through CN and clips of subbed eps on YouTube) is that... He hasn't really changed. It's still the same sphill (spelling?). He enters a new region. Possibly gets owned by punk rival or spunky rival. Gets new pokes. Gets all starters. Evolves one or two or all the way depending if the writers feel like it'll be awesome enough, walks to a town all excited, sees bad guys and yells "hey stop you're hurting them!" Owns them after banter exchange, goes to a gym, wins the first few, loses one, rematch and wins, goes to league and loses.

I dunno may e I'm just old but it seems like nothing has changed, nor will it for X and Y. I personally don't see how he's grown, even in spirit and mentality.

If I'm wrong ill give it a shot but as of now I don't see this new series going to be anything fresh.

ElectrickLover said:
May got a fire starter dawn get a water starter. i think if yvonne or serena joins the anime she will choose chespin and make it evolve to 2nd stage (may get the 3rd stage and daw n stayed at 1st stage)-

... well, that was gen3 and gen 4, and now we are in gen6, so there is no pattern here. Lyra in diamond and pearl series, even for only a few episodes, owned a chikorita.

In Pokemon adventures, the main character has a certain type, where Gen1 is grass, Gen2 is fire, Gen3 is water, Gen4 is grass, Gen5 is fire. The rival gets the pokemon that is stronger than the main character's pokemon, and the female character gets the one that is weaker. I am unsure if the anime follows Pokemon adventures, but it seems to me that it is most likely the female character will get a Fennekin.

So far, the female main character in the anime and in Pokemon adventures, May, Dawn, and Lyra, went 3 for 3 in matching the same "starter" pokemon from TV show and manga. If they want to go 4 for 4, then the female character, if they actually do one, will get a Fennekin.

It would make the most sense if Ash's companions are Serena, Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno, or at least two people from that group.

I say that Cilan leaves and Iris stays. I just hope the fat dude doesn't join him... Like, there are so many things wrong with his design.

I still can't get over the fact that Ash doesn't recognize Mewtwo. If it wasn't clear to me before, I am most certainly done with the anime.

Back