(1) 'Pokemon Black 2' and 'White 2' Fall Release [2/27]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know it come out in the US on a Sunday :)
All the Sundays in September
September 2nd 2012
September 9th 2012
September 16th 2012
September 23rd 2012
September 30th 2012
Maybe they would want to release the games before Japan's two-year anniversary of Black and White Versions.
What if they came out in the US on September 2nd 2012? It's exactly three months after the Japanese release and it's the day before Labor Day, so it would be a three day weekend. :D

I'm a little happier now. I would have loved same day release in Japan and USA too...

Now if only Professor Layton games had this fast turn around!

dmaster out.

This is awesome, I was expecting early next year for the release. I hope this continues for future games!

Well now I'm in a predicament, I was going to import B2 and than get W2 when it comes out in English, but now I'm not sure if I should just wait and get them both in English..... Oh well, I'm really excited they're coming out so early.

I was actually hoping for B2/W2 to come out at the same time as the Japanese release, but I guess it takes time to work on translating the game. Anyways, I am glad that it is releasing much earlier than the previous games.

Teeboy23 said:
We know it come out in the US on a Sunday :)
All the Sundays in September and October
September 2nd 2012
September 9th 2012
September 16th 2012
September 23rd 2012
September 30th 2012
Maybe they would want to release the games before Japan's two-year anniversary of Black and White Versions.
What if they came out in the US on September 2nd 2012? It's exactly three months after the Japanese release and it's the day before Labor Day, so it would be a three day weekend. :D

Right, I don't think it would be November, as that's often classified as Holiday. But it may be on a Friday. Nintendo seems to be cashing in on that lately. Star Fox 64 3D (though that was to avoid releasing on 9/11), Kid Icarus, and Xenoblade were all released on Friday.

I'm interested, but it's been awhile since I've been truly excited for a new Pokemon game. The franchise needs a shake up and some fresh ideas methinks. We'll see how it is upon release I suppose.

Did anyone notice that the two Pokemon correspond to their colors? Black Kyurem (Zekrom) is in Pokemon Black2 while White Kyurem (Reshiram) is in Pokemon White2. This was flipped the past games. I think MANY people know how I feel about these games (spoiler alert: BW2 is another money grab), so I'm not going to post my thoughts. I'm expecting another copy of BW with a few minor adjustments that don't really worthy another purchase. :/

^Amen. Black and White were terrible, so this is going to be the same game with a small plot addition without any new Pokemon. If Meloetta and Keldeo are available in this game, it may be worth buying, but I slightly doubt it.

Serperior said:
^Amen. Black and White were terrible, so this is going to be the same game with a small plot addition without any new Pokemon. If Meloetta and Keldeo are available in this game, it may be worth buying, but I slightly doubt it.

I personally thought Black and White were some of the best in the Pokemon series. I understand you not liking them, but calling them TERRIBLE is quite a stretch. Just wait 10 or so years...once the current generation of 6-10 year-olds grow up, the nostalgia factor they feel toward Black and White will rival that of the feelings toward the Hoenn games displayed in this thread. Then, we will be complaining how the 8th gen sucks, and wishing for 5th gen remakes. Just you wait...

Oh, BTW, does anyone remember those Scientists in N's castle who claimed they could hack the Pokemon Storage System? My money's on them playing an important role in BW2's storyline/continuity.

Zero said:
Did anyone notice that the two Pokemon correspond to their colors?

Yes, many have in the other thread.

But how would you think this will have minor adjustments? Why label it a sequel, with a 2 of all things?

The fact that they will come out so early just confirms what I was thinking and some people don't want to believe. They will be the same as Pokemon Grey would have been, just a B/W with new stuff. Having them on DS makes obvious they will use B/W as a base, that means they have probably 70/80% of the dialogues already translated and they have to translate only the new ones.

Some people want to think that because of the "2" they're completely new games, but that's absurd. We know that this two versions are completely motivated by money. They just added a few new forms for the collectionists, and divided what "Grey" would have been into two games, so A LOT of people (specially the ones who like to get all pokemon games) will buy both of them, which means double money. This makes you think about the overall quality of this games :/

Geuss WHAT GameStop!? If you DON'T have PreOrder bonuses I MIGHT JUST PreOrder from ToysRUs. (I stupidly PreOrdered 167 days before the game came out at GameStop and got NOTHING. >=( Sure that alot of people feel the same.)
Eh hem. This is great! I might just be allowed to start babysitting (Or SOMETHING at least) this summer so that I can earn money in time for the games!!!
OR
Since I'm learning Japanese this year, my mom JUST might get me one of the Japanese games!!! =D I just hope that this early release FOR BOTH U.S.A. and Japan becomes a trend! Then EVERYBODY'S happy!!! Yay happy-dance!!! *Does some stupid doepy dance* What are YOU looking at!? :D

Psykill said:
I personally thought Black and White were some of the best in the Pokemon series. I understand you not liking them, but calling them TERRIBLE is quite a stretch. Just wait 10 or so years...once the current generation of 6-10 year-olds grow up, the nostalgia factor they feel toward Black and White will rival that of the feelings toward the Hoenn games displayed in this thread. Then, we will be complaining how the 8th gen sucks, and wishing for 5th gen remakes. Just you wait...

Oh, BTW, does anyone remember those Scientists in N's castle who claimed they could hack the Pokemon Storage System? My money's on them playing an important role in BW2's storyline/continuity.
The games are not horrible. They are the newest in the series and effectively use everything that the games of past have learned. With all past generations, some major innovation has taken place. 1st gen was the original... 2nd gen expanded everything with MAJOR innovations. 3rd gen had an overhaul of the EV, IV, nature system. 4th gen had an overhaul of the special/physical attack split. 5th gen... had no innovations in any respect. Calling BW horrible is wrong, but the games haven't gotten too much better over the years. The gameplay is front-and-center in Pokemon. Nobody cares about the story... let's be honest. Unless Gamefreak does something really stupid, of course each successive generation will be better than the last. 5th gen had no major selling points other than a matchmaking system that barely works and newPokemon/region. It sold because it was the newest Pokemon game in the line. There was nothing amazing that could grab virgins to the series. If someone is anti-Pokemon, past generations could convince them to come over by telling them about new competitive innovations or revamps to the systems. BW is interchangeable with any 4th gen game... save for characters and region.

Love for past games is mere nostalgia. When HGSS came out, it was not that big of a deal. We were all begging for a GSC remake, but when HGSS came out, there was only a minor interest in the game as opposed to the huge uproar that we got expecting the game.

Why label it a sequel Chariblaze? Well first off, two games sell more than one. Labeling them sequels allows for more money to be made. History has told us that the "new versions" are merely remakes with a new feature that barely means anything. Why expect any different? The label of a sequel is inconsequential. This is the third game in the series copied to make a fourth. Unless anything new comes, there is no reason to think any differently.

Mudkip4321 said:
Geuss WHAT GameStop!? If you DON'T have PreOrder bonuses I MIGHT JUST PreOrder from ToysRUs. (I stupidly PreOrdered 167 days before the game came out at GameStop and got NOTHING. >=( Sure that alot of people feel the same.)
Eh hem. This is great! I might just be allowed to start babysitting (Or SOMETHING at least) this summer so that I can earn money in time for the games!!!
OR
Since I'm learning Japanese this year, my mom JUST might get me one of the Japanese games!!! =D I just hope that this early release FOR BOTH U.S.A. and Japan becomes a trend! Then EVERYBODY'S happy!!! Yay happy-dance!!! *Does some stupid doepy dance* What are YOU looking at!? :D
Don't order from GameStop. Their business practices are corrupt and they treat their workers like dogs (I would know first hand). There is no love in that business. You should definitely buy the game in Japanese... if you have the money. The games are unchanged from Jap to English (except for a few lolcolizations... the Japanese are ALWAYS better). The text is very easy to understand when you have a very basic knowledge of Japanese...

xdanx said:
The fact that they will come out so early just confirms what I was thinking and some people don't want to believe. They will be the same as Pokemon Grey would have been, just a B/W with new stuff. Having them on DS makes obvious they will use B/W as a base, that means they have probably 70/80% of the dialogues already translated and they have to translate only the new ones.

Some people want to think that because of the "2" they're completely new games, but that's absurd. We know that this two versions are completely motivated by money. They just added a few new forms for the collectionists, and divided what "Grey" would have been into two games, so A LOT of people (specially the ones who like to get all pokemon games) will buy both of them, which means double money. This makes you think about the overall quality of this games :/

I don't see why completely new games are absurd. Pokemon doesn't just tack on "2"s on all of their games - this is an unusual occurrence. I do agree that money likely influenced the decision to make two more games. However, I have a feeling that these games will be more than just remakes.

Man that is like the fastest release ever in the history of the franchise. Man I am not sure if I will have the regular Black by then XD. Man they are sure moving quicker. May I ask why the rush XD.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back