(1) OMG TO THE EXTREME: 'Pokemon Black 2' and 'White 2' Promotional Short [5/15]

Looks like J.C. Staff animation. Because, you know, Shaft was too busy counting their money from Nisemonogatari.

I seriously hope this could turn into a full series that runs alongside the other pokémon anime, it looks like it would have an interesting story and representation of the region

yugi_player said:
And the story of BW is a good story, has N even made an appearance on the anime yet? Or team plasma for that matter? No they haven't or if they have, I haven't really seen them. Before we had Team Magma or Team Aqua and even Team Galatic. Up to this point only Team Rocket was used...

Plasma was to show up in a two-part thing between them and Team Rocket in Castelia, but they decided not to show it after the earthquakes to avoid being remotely offensive.

I"m utterly blown away after watching the trailer. Holy cow, this is perhaps the best animated trailer I have ever seen. N looks absolutely awesome in the beginning, and so does the player, Rival, and Cheren. The fight scene was also very epic too. I agree that this should be made into an anime, for it will appeal all of the older fans in the franchise.

As for the frozen town, I think this trailer confirms that the half of Unova in ice is absolutely valid. It is not some sort of concealer of all the other new lands and features in the game, but rather, there may truly be a large mass of ice in the games, and at one point in the story, you'll have to travel through these ice barren lands, as the trailer shows.

I'd have to say that if Pokemon can strike that magical blend between a sort of kiddie show while still appealing to the older fans like Dragonball Z did, I think I wouldn't be ashamed of the anime anymore haha. Honestly, the anime is terrible, but if we actually added story, character development and unrecurring stories, Pokemon could easily rack up both a lot more money and a huge fanbase. I could very easily see Pokemon being ranked among some of the top animes out there, like Bleach and stuff (forgive me, I don't watch much anime) just because of the previous, good half of reputation it had during the turn of the century with these new elements implemented as well.

Hopefully Nintendo will see that this single shoot video is gaining more support than the actual show (on the Internet anyway...) and make some more stuff like this. I'm not saying that we have to give up Ash and Pikachu, since they're icons of the franchise and have been representing Pokemon since the beginning. However, something like a single season of episodes or a movie (just because an ongoing series of this seems too unlikely) featuring this story would make a TON of fans happy and make a TON of money for Nintendo. Everyone wins, no?

Honestly, Pikachu saying "Pika Pika!" wouldn't even be an issue because Pikachu probably wouldn't be featured in the new anime anyway. So...yeah. Get on that, Nintendo. Please.

As much as we all want it, it would likely be a bad move for Nintendo to create a new more mature anime. (Especially if it replaced the kiddie one)

im stuck on how arcanine owned that seviper...but wait werent they surrounded? why was the seviper the only one attacking?

I just really love this trailer...I'm hoping for a side series to spawn from this, at least. I'm 21 and I still watch the current anime. It's meh, really, though I think that is partly PUSA's fault for being such horrible VAs. They should definitely keep the current one going..just because it's been 15 years, why stop now? As well as...you know, something for younger kids to still watch if they aren't fans of the new one.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the current anime to recover a bit with the next season with Giovanni returning. I liked how he was depicted as the total BA in the first season and someone to fear. And then he became someone who only existed in Meowth's fantasies...I know, i'm crazy and the current anime is hopeless but, if they at least got in some better VAs...

xayshade said:
im stuck on how arcanine owned that seviper...but wait werent they surrounded? why was the seviper the only one attacking?

Test.

@ Jay, yeah, it won't happen, yet we all want it to. :/

Mitja said:
Now THATS what Ive been asking for for a very long time.
They need to hire a different company and make a seperate anime, with a mature and serious approach and actually give a damn about the games instead of filling it with endless amounts of unnecessary crap along the way!
Then it would deserve to be called the Pokemon anime, unlike the current stupid approach of mockery.

The only thing bothering me in that spot is Samurotts Ice Beam.
Its still waaaaaaaay too extreme.
1- Grows a massive ice hill from nowhere
2- It explodes later,
3- creating a huge cloud that doesnt make sense.
The attacks shouldn't look like Michael Bay invented each of them.

the ice beam hit the ground first before it got in the air and hit seviper, then seviper hit the ground and shattered the ice

@ Mitja & xayshade, Mitja, you just got schooled. :p

@ TacoTurtle, I agree, mature anime=$$$=fans=more $$$=more games=$$$=better anime...and it goes on.

Jay said:
As much as we all want it, it would likely be a bad move for Nintendo to create a new more mature anime. (Especially if it replaced the kiddie one)

I would agree with this to a certain extent as obviously you don't want to alienate the younger generations with overly complex plot details etc, but on the flipside the anime has already alienated a lot of potential "mature" fans with its gooey and repetitive plotlines. The compromise would be an anime with a fairly simplistic but interesting plot filled to the brim with action that anyone can enjoy, which is what this trailer seems to be showing. Kinda like Dragonball Z.

No they don't. The colour (color for the Americans) scheme is very similar, Rocket was just black, these are two shades of gray. Team Plasma also look like ninjas (namely Naruto ninjas).

Didnt mean to say that they were a carbon copy with a plasma logo on it. They reminisce of them. And in the game art they have two shades of grey - or one shade of grey and black if you prefer -, just like the ones used by team plasma on this film thingy.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/47/HeartGold_SoulSilver_Team_Rocket_Grunt.png

The US Boxarts! Yes! Won't be long now until launch! Don't you finish the game before you do the boxart?

Mitja said:
I was reffering to the one that appears right in front of us as a result of the ice beam, not the tons of spiky ice structure shown later with the Shadow triad and all.

Regarding a relation to the photoshop glacier on the map though, this doesn't change the fact it's not even meant to look like covering the actual region.
Look. I never said there won't be any frozen places as a result of Kyurem gaining an energy tail. It's just that if there will be, we don't know what it will be like or how bad. But it's definitely not going to have any relation to the ice covering the map, if it even happens.
If there was distinct icy structures on the map, like in that new BW2 short, which would actually be part of the contour and all, and not cover some completely disconnected random corner on the opposite side of the map, then it would mean business. But as it is, it is an indication of something perhaps happening along those lines at best, but most likely, just a fancy way of keeping drastic changes a secret for now.

The theme for these games is ice, which is why they decorate everything with bits of ice, and use exactly that instead of having half the region covered by a huge cloud.
I know that... .___.

Back