(1) 'Next Destinies' Booster Packs, Theme Decks, and Blister Pack Revealed! [12/12]

Sweet. Reshiram and Zekrom got THEME DECKS now. The art on the boxes make it seem like Reshiram and Zekrom are saying "It's all or nothing", like the final battle is about to begin. I love the Reshiram pack art, it's like Reshiram saying this:
Reshiram: I'm epic. Got a problem with that?
They're actually putting the good Cubchoo and Beartic in the blister pack? I hope those images aren't placeholders! One question about the pack art though. Why are Reshiram, Zekrom, Mewtwo, and Regigigas terrorizing Castelia City!? :(

Alright, here's my bit on this. I agree with everyone that Reshiram and Zekrom have WAY too many reprints, but at least they are playable cards. They are both used in top-tier decks, and while they may lose popularity after the EX's are released, they will still be good. I have a good feeling that we might get Catcher and Eviolite (fingers crossed!) In these decks; maybe because they are using Reshiram and Zekrom, they will actually put some good cards in the decks to make up for releasing the cards in a 5th version.

Although this seems unlikely, I think that Reshiram and Zekrom EX are getting FA versions. If there are six FA EX's, there is a good chance of this, with the other four being Mewtwo, Regigigas, Kyurem, and Shaymin. Groudon and Kyogre will probably be in the April set along with the Dark Rush EX's (That would give the next English set six more EX's for a consistent number). Then, we will probably get the Dragon types + whatever the next Japanese set is after that.

I have mixed feeling about Beartic being reprinted. It's kind of disappointing ot getting something new, but I still think Beartic is at least semi-viable. Hopefully we get another Zoroark reprint from BW, as it is still a decent card as well.

On a side note, I love the art on the packs and deck boxes. I think Kyurem should have been featured instead of Gigas, but they probably didn't do it because he was just on the Noble Victories pack art. While seeing so much of Reshiram and Zekrom dissapoints me, I think this will be a solid set and can't wait to see the full card selection in febuary.

This is not the first theme deck with an alt art reprint on the front. The ones from Great Encounters had reprints of dialga and palkia from DP

We don't need anymore Zekrom/Reshiram. :/

I like the Mewtwo and Gigas pack artworks, though. I just think we've seen Reshi/Zekrom too many times now. :/

I'm expecting to see 6 EXs in this set: Shaymin EX, Mewtwo EX, Regigigas EX, Reshiram EX, Zekrom EX, and Kyurem EX. Maybe we'll see a Rayquaza EX along with Kyogre and Groudon (and then the three dogs combined with them).

All I know is one thing; my life will not be complete until Jirachi EX and Deoxys EX are printed.

That's amazing! 5ban graphics is great a making artwork for cards, theme decks, and booster packs. Psycho Drive and Hail Blizzard focus on Castalia City (Meowth on a dock, Vanillite at the ice cream stand), wich would explain why the booster packs show Zekrom, Reshiram, Mewtwo, and Regigigas there. I thought the Tornadus VS Thundurus Gift Set promos would be in the theme decks. Everything is great! Regigigas might have been on a pack for legendaries from different gens would be included (?), but I'm not sure.I can't wait for the set's release in Febuary! I wonder what the tins will look like.

Zekrom Black said:
That's amazing! 5ban graphics is great a making artwork for cards, theme decks, and booster packs. Psycho Drive and Hail Blizzard focus on Castalia City (Meowth on a dock, Vanillite at the ice cream stand. )

Poor Naoki Saito and Kanako Eo got clumped in with 5Ban Graphics.

to be honest I think 5Ban isn't doin too great...everything's just overused and the backgrounds are lazy.

I really wish they would change up the packs a little bit, I mean Reshiram and Zekrom are getting kind of repetitive and old. Well at least they look pretty cool.

Zekrom Black said:
That's amazing! 5ban graphics is great a making artwork for cards, theme decks, and booster packs.
>5ban
>Good

How did I know this was coming? This is gonna be sort of like Great Encounters. It's the 4th set in the block, features reprints of the version legendaries in the starter decks, and both feature cards that will radically alter the metagame. Of course, you can say that last one about every set, but you super pros out there get what I mean.

TacoTurtle said:
I have mixed feeling about Beartic being reprinted. It's kind of disappointing ot getting something new, but I still think Beartic is at least semi-viable. Hopefully we get another Zoroark reprint from BW, as it is still a decent card as well.

Beartic isn't getting reprinted, just going to be a promo card. If you look at the Cubchoo it still has EP's set symbol. So either this Beartic is just a place holder for the either one from Hail Blizzard that we should be getting in Next Destinies, or they're making the one from EP a promo. Either way, the Beartic from Emerging Powers won't be reprinted in Next Destinies.

Also I think the Zekrom's deck is going to be getting the Thundurus and Reshiram's deck will get Tornadus. Cool! :)

The Yoshi said:
I'm expecting to see 6 EXs in this set: Shaymin EX, Mewtwo EX, Regigigas EX, Reshiram EX, Zekrom EX, and Kyurem EX. Maybe we'll see a Rayquaza EX along with Kyogre and Groudon (and then the three dogs combined with them).
When this set was unveiled earlier, it was already stated that this set would have 6 Pokemon-EX, and they would each have full-art versions. Therefore, it's most likely that the EX are Kyogre, Groudon, Kyurem, Regigigas, Shaymin, and of course Mewtwo. I have no idea what Reshiram and Zekrom are doing here.

And now since no one else has stated it, I'd like to state the following about the choices of Pokemon for the booster pack artwork:

ALL HAIL GIGAS.

edit: also, 5ban is terrible and bland and should never make card artwork again

^because the Spring Tins will feature Reshiram EX, Zekrom EX and Kyurem EX and they usually only put reprints of cards in tins after they have already been released on a set, plus the inclusion of the regular Reshiram and Zekrom as reprints is to go with the EXs?

@Pikachu6319: I wonder about Landorus FA too...

I wonder what the theme deck names will be. The last theme decks used the saying "the fast and the furious" with the theme decks being "Furious Knights" and "Fast Daze". "Blus Assult", "Red Frenzy< and Green Tornado" just listed the main colors of each stage-2 Unova starter Pokemon, and a 2nd word about their abilities and traites. If you change around the words in the Emerging Powers theme decks, "Power Play" and "Toxic Tricks", you get Toxic Power (Scolipede, as it can injucect powerful toxic/posion into foes to paralize or kill them), and Play Tricks (Krookodile, it is the intimidation Pokemon, and it's name is partialy comes from "crook".). Mayebe it will be "Black Thunder" and White Fire", or "Cross Thunder" and "Cross Fire" (the Japanese names of their signature moves Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare). I can't wait to get my hands on the Zekrom theme deck! I think it makes scense for Zekrom & Reshiram to be on all of this merchandise because they are the two newest legendaries, and they have a big fan base (we all know how much the Pokemon company wants their money). It's nothing Dialga and Palkia didn't have. This set is the new Great Encounters, with the legendary duo in theme decks as reprints from their first TCG debut, Many legendary Pokemon, even being featured as special rares (L.V. X/EX). I remember when I got my old favorite Pokemon the first time in a theme deck: Dialga. I can't wait to do that again, but I'll be more careful with the deck box :p!

RE: (1) 'Next Destinies' Booster Packs, Theme Decks, and Blister Pack Revealed! [12/1

T-Peezy said:
Beartic isn't getting reprinted, just going to be a promo card. If you look at the Cubchoo it still has EP's set symbol. So either this Beartic is just a place holder for the either one from Hail Blizzard that we should be getting in Next Destinies, or they're making the one from EP a promo. Either way, the Beartic from Emerging Powers won't be reprinted in Next Destinies.

Also I think the Zekrom's deck is going to be getting the Thundurus and Reshiram's deck will get Tornadus. Cool! :)

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I just meant that Beartic was being made more available in a blister with this set. I don't think it's a placeholder, because HB/PD didn't have a Zoroark to use in the other blister.

And I would be psyched if the genies are also in the decks. I need some of them, cause I didn't buy much Emerging Powers. :)

Zekrom Black said:
I wonder what the theme deck names will be. The last theme decks used the saying "the fast and the furious" with the theme decks being "Furious Knights" and "Fast Daze". "Blus Assult", "Red Frenzy< and Green Tornado" just listed the main colors of each stage-2 Unova starter Pokemon, and a 2nd word about their abilities and traites. If you change around the words in the Emerging Powers theme decks, "Power Play" and "Toxic Tricks", you get Toxic Power (Scolipede, as it can injucect powerful toxic/posion into foes to paralize or kill them), and Play Tricks (Krookodile, it is the intimidation Pokemon, and it's name is partialy comes from "crook".). Mayebe it will be "Black Thunder" and White Fire", or "Cross Thunder" and "Cross Fire" (the Japanese names of their signature moves Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare). I can't wait to get my hands on the Zekrom theme deck! I think it makes scense for Zekrom & Reshiram to be on all of this merchandise because they are the two newest legendaries, and they have a big fan base (we all know how much the Pokemon company wants their money). It's nothing Dialga and Palkia didn't have. This set is the new Great Encounters, with the legendary duo in theme decks as reprints from their first TCG debut, Many legendary Pokemon, even being featured as special rares (L.V. X/EX). I remember when I got my old favorite Pokemon the first time in a theme deck: Dialga. I can't wait to do that again, but I'll be more careful with the deck box :p!
Out of curiosity, do you realize that you're basing everything off of probably unrelated things? For instance, I have yet to see a previous theme deck description actually influence the title of the theme deck to be released.

P.S. Use a browser with spell check. It helps make your post less filled with spelling errors.

@don()shinobi: As cool as that would be I have my doubts as they have yet to release full art cards in a tin. Doesn't mean it can't happen but it would be very unprecented.

I have considered the fact that if Reshiram ex and Zekrom ex don't get (exclusive at the time) full art cards then maybe Landrous would be in the set instead.

I would almost hope that the reprint Tornadus and Thundrus would be in the main set for the holographic treatment. Not that I have a problem with theme deck exclusive non-holos in the theme decks but for the main set both of them deserve another holographic treatment, especially with Reshiram and Zekrom at five holo cards (including full arts).

I also recall alternate holo versions of Landorus, Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobalion. I wonder when/if we're going to get those too. I honestly expected the musketeer trio to have holiday tin releases instead of the Victni tin we got (not that I have a problem with that tin except I can't seem to find it).

Well this is all quite exciting! =D

Let's hope the themies are full of playable Trainers.

I can't find the Victini tin either. :/

don()shinobi said:
I'm thinking of a 3-letter-word, starts with T, ends with IN...

lol... yes, it's possible but I think if they would release the FA Landorus on a tin, it would probably be acompanied by the other 2 genies and it would be weird to have those 2 in non-FA (the gift set reprints would be the ones used on the hypothetical tins) and the Landorus in FA (I mean, I doubt they woud put Tornadus & Thundurus FAs from EP in tins)... If there would be tins for that trio, I think they would use the alternate artwork Landorus promo instead to go with the other 2...

RE: (1) 'Next Destinies' Booster Packs, Theme Decks, and Blister Pack Revealed! [12/1

Metalizard said:
lol... yes, it's possible but I think if they would release the FA Landorus on a tin, it would probably be acompanied by the other 2 genies and it would be weird to have those 2 in non-FA (the gift set reprints would be the ones used on the hypothetical tins) and the Landorus in FA (I mean, I doubt they woud put Tornadus & Thundurus FAs from EP in tins)... If there would be tins for that trio, I think they would use the alternate artwork Landorus promo instead to go with the other 2...

Yeah, I find the tin to be unlikely for Landorus FA. I was thinking it would be in a box or something. I honestly forgot there is also a alternate artwork Landorus... this is far fetched, but could it be possible that all three genies (alt. art Landorus and the gift set genies) are reprinted in this set along with Reshi and Zek? Then they could give Landorus a FA in the set, to go along with the reprint. I find this unlikely as it would be horribly out of place (especially since we just got Landorus in Noble Victories), but you never know. It's the only logical thing I can think of.

Back