(1) New Pokemon, Mamanbō, Revealed on 'Oha Suta' [7/22]

EspeonROX said:
Ugly Pokemon. Mamanbo...there you go, throw side markings and some lame-looking wings on a heart and you've got a new Pokemon.

You can say that about voltorb and electrode to. Flips the colors and give him a mouth and smaller eyes and you got electrode.

It's really a Luvdisc Evo for Reasons,

1. Luvdisc is a Water-Type, but can turn into a Heart Shaped Fish for weird reasons.
2. Is it me, or is this the AngelFish Pokemon except with a Heart Shaped Body.
and 3. Basically it's the Only Heart Pokemon in this Game!

I'm waiting for translators to translate both names, but like many people have said, if this is not a luvdisc evo, I'm facepalming.

Also what's the green smoke beside wargle? It's probably jelly belly, but it looks more smokey....

Ah, finally, a luvdisc evolution.

220px-Mola_mola.jpg

((Mola Mola/Ocean Sunfish))

The fact that there is finally a Mola Mola pokemon makes me love the fifth generation even more; it is absolutely brill. I could always see luvdisc turning into one; it is marvelous that there is one. This makes me rather certain that 5th gen will be my favorite gen; I've liked every single pokemon that has been shown so far, and now a Mola Mola pokemon. How absolutely marvelous.

Finally a new water pokemon.!!!
XD
(other than the starter of course)
But Im still not feelin this one for my team. Lolz.

It looks good for a Luvdisc evo.
Luvdisc wasn't acually my favorite pokemon in the hoenn region so I don't really like this pokemon that much.
still I'm not gonna hate on it.

hmmm, I actually like it. Hopefully it will have cool new attacks (if it does evolve from luvdisc)

and hopefully there would be more water pokemon revealed

WOO-HOO! Another random Pokemon reveal! :D

Am I the only one who sees a slight resemblance of its face to "Fairly Odd Parents" characters?
BWLuvdiscevobig.jpg
images

Anyway, I like it. ^_^

I'm guessing Luvdisc'll evolve into Water/Flying,because its evo have wings.

I'm hoping Mankite & Skamory'll get evos.
Manajet-Water/Steel
Grypharmory-Steel/Dragon.

Why I'm already liking 5th Generation better than 4th Generation: If this continues, then Pokemon that NEED evo's will get evo's. We're talking about Luvdisc, Dunsparce, Pinsir, Skarmory, Quilfish, Kecleon, Mantine, Miltank, ect. In 4th Generation, Pokemon that DIDN'T need evo's got evo's. Examples: Magneton, Rhydon, Kirlia, Snorunt (split evo's), ect.

I liked Kirlia and Snorunt's split evolutions. I do, however, think more Pokemon should have been created to make use of Dusk, Dawn, and Shiny stones.

Mamambo (Mother Sunfish)

luvdisk eyes are like that "." just a little point and his "possibilty" evolution have pupils,the white from the eyes,eyebrows etc

lolwut tell me another pokemon than the eye change THAT much

:/ don't care much for luvdisk and it's evo. However I'm still pulling for a dunsparce evo! Let's face it people it's the most pathetic pokemon there is :..( but yet has so much potential for an evo. Hope gamefreak gave this little guy an evo

OMG you guys are right, Sunfish are called Mambo fish in taiwan, moon fish in many other countries and head fish in others. And when it sunbathes it does so obviously sideways so that it's fins look like wings :)

This is so awesome, love the new pokemon, love that it's a luvdisc evo too.

Maybe the english name will have something to do with eros (valenteros?? maybe not lol), or cupid who knows. I'm trying to read about the Sunfish to see what kind of ability they could give the evo based on the real life animal.

What does "ma-" mean then? Also if anyone can find out what the "mambo" in mambo fish means??? Please

It honestly looks pretty cool, and to me is definitely a luvdisc evo. Seriously, how many other Love fish are there? And if Luvdisc gets an evo, then daggummit, Corsola should get one too!

omzebra said:
It honestly looks pretty cool, and to me is definitely a luvdisc evo. Seriously, how many other Love fish are there? And if Luvdisc gets an evo, then daggummit, Corsola should get one too!

Agree with you, Corsola needs an evo.

And about the Mambo fish, well didn't find much to see what kind of ability they can give it other than having rough skin like sand paper, and sunbathing possibly after being in deep cold waters b/c it needs to stay at a certai temp or it could die if it get below like 50 F for too long, also the females can lay up to 300million eggs to be externally fertilized by the males, supposedly the vertibrate that can lay the most eggs.

Also they're known to jump out of the water more than ten feet, possibly to dislodge parasites from it's skin,

If that IS a Luvdisc evo, I am gonna be SO thrilled!!! I can FINALLY put that Shiny Luvdisc of mine I caught in Ruby 9 years ago to use!

Here's hoping for an evo for Spinda, too! Still waiting on the Jynx and Weezing evos as well!

I want an Arbok evo! :'(

Poison/dragon, or poison/rock (I know both are unlikely, but what the heck, also poison/ground would be cool even though we already have nidoking and nidoqueen).

Water/flying or water/psychic would be good for mamambo, although the first one is more likely.

Back