(1) New Pokemon, Mamanbō, Revealed on 'Oha Suta' [7/22]

I've saw that people were saying that its now confirmed that there will be older Pokemons in Isshu. I wanna ask; how is it confirmed? Piloswine had an evolution too in 4th gen, but he wasn't in the dex (Platinum had it only), so it isn't confirmed IMO :b

oakbark said:
Is that Wargle on the opposing team or is it a pre-evolution of him?

lol of cause it it Wargle XD

I like the new pokemon...

Yes it looks very much like a luvdisc evo....and I'd be happy for Luvdisc because I always had a soft spot for it.

Not sure if people should get too ahead of themselves though...no matter how similar they are we still haven't got the all important confirmation that is a luvdisc evo. It probably is.....infact I think it is...but still...just be careful. Also...I don't get why people are saying Mamanbo has wings...they're obviously fins. :/

I think it is possible that there would be new evos for old pokemon.....but they won't be considered part of Isshu, so there will just be the ability to evolve old pokemon to new pokemon but they won't be in the Isshu Pokedex so instead we might still have to get Luvdisc through the dream world. Which might mean we may be getting more pokemon than the supposed 147 Isshu dex pokemon...

Anyway, now that it looks like we may be getting evolutions of previous pokemon may I say that, Dunsparce, Spinda and Chatot are screaming out for an evo.

Gochiruzeru looks weird here ,Its the brown thing next to Gigaiasu and Luvdisc evo.Thats Gochiruzeru right?I translated it and I think it says Gochiruzeru?

Actually scratch what I said earlier....Chatot doesn't need an evo yet. There are others that have waited longer....like Mawile, Sableye, Seviper, Zangoose and Kecleon.

Twide said:
IMO i don't think is luvdisk evo

1:jewel on his head
2:the eyes ARE VERY DIFFERENT and mamanbo have eyebrows
3:luvdisk is useless

huh? is the far left pokemon on the enemy team ?,isn't the jelly thing

The jelly thing in this pic seems like a pre evo

jeez, do we really need a luvdisc evolution? if they make a luvdisc evolution, they darn well better make one for dunsparce and a pre-evolution for kangaskhan.

the supposed luvdisc evolution looks like an angry luvdisc with lugia's wings painted pink and glued onto it.

Twide said:

If it looked exactly the same, it wouldn't be an evolution....

First off, there are many of the Hoenn pairs (Zangoose + Seviper, etc.) who need an evolution more than Luvdisc. A lot more. But as much as I would have *wanted* that, this is no doubt in my mind a Luvdisc evo.

Secondly, I guess you have to give GF **some** kind of credit for doing this. Luvdisc has been in the NU (Never Used) tier for as long as it has been around, and although I am not a competitive player, this saddens me. Mostly because it seemed so kick-a** when Wallace used it on his team. But I digress.

Third: going on with my second point, maybe this won't be so bad. Look at what Electivire gave to Electabuzz's status both in and out of competitions. If GF plays this Luvdisc-evo card right, then maybe we may soon find it in the UU (Under Used) tier, which is still a better place than NU.

But I swear, if in later generations, or even in this one, I find that there is another Luvdisc evo or a pre evo...I just don't know. >.>

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that I find it very funny how people are now somehow thinking that this is not a Luvdisc evo. From it's design, it is pretty obvious. First, we had Munna, who wasn't even the same color or shape as Drowzee. The only similarities were the type, description, and likeness to the same animal, and even those were sketchy calls. Now, we have the same color, shape, look, plus much more to prove that this pokemon is in fact Luvdisc's evo, yet people are claiming that it isn't. Then may I ask if any of you naysayers feel compelled to *also* point out how this *completely-brand-new-not-connected-to-any-past-generation* pokemon, as you so claim it is, has an eery likeness to Luvdisc, and then proceed to complain how GF has lost its creativity and that Zekrom has Palkia's legs, etc. as with all the other ridiculous speculation that sprouts on this forum when too little info on a new pokemon is released. **rolls eyes**

Just because we don't need one doesn't mean Mamanbo isn't an evolution.
Like Fire_Master said, Munna didn't even look like Drowzee so it's logical it ended up as a separate Pokemon.
However, Mamanbo does look like Luvdisc..

•stages of greif•
1. Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
2. Anger (why is this happening to me?)
3. Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
4. Depression (I don't care anymore)
5. Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)

So far you guys are on stage one, denial! Did piloswine need a Evo? Did Aipom? It's not that bad! Mo pokemon mo discusion. Get over yourself and move on to stage 5. If it looked just like luvdisc, would it be a evo? And stop complaining about it's eyes not looking the same, just look what happened with porygon2 to porygon-z. Completly diffrent eyes. Get over yourself NOW! this isn't as crazy as the other past evo claims made. "omg this one looks like drowzee!" or "dude, probopass evo!" don't complain about 1 pokemon, they already revealed 30+. It kinda ammuses me that you guys can't face the truth. ;)

Mechanos7 said:
Ah, finally, a luvdisc evolution.

220px-Mola_mola.jpg

((Mola Mola/Ocean Sunfish))

The fact that there is finally a Mola Mola pokemon makes me love the fifth generation even more; it is absolutely brill. I could always see luvdisc turning into one; it is marvelous that there is one. This makes me rather certain that 5th gen will be my favorite gen; I've liked every single pokemon that has been shown so far, and now a Mola Mola pokemon. How absolutely marvelous.

I don't have much interest in fish, but I think Mola Mola/Sunfish are absolutely beautiful. :)

Twide said:

190.png
424.png

238.png
124.png

Best be trollin'.
Simply because a Pokemon is useless does not prevent it from gaining an evolution. Useless =/= unpopular.

Back