(1) New Pokemon, Mamanbō, Revealed on 'Oha Suta' [7/22]

Setosama said:
If that IS a Luvdisc evo, I am gonna be SO thrilled!!! I can FINALLY put that Shiny Luvdisc of mine I caught in Ruby 9 years ago to use!

It sure looks like one.

if it is a luvdisc evo thats ok but im hoping there will be a absol evo or a skamory evo

oiracul said:
if it is a luvdisc evo thats ok but im hoping there will be a absol evo or a skamory evo

Personally, I don't think Skarmory needs one... But if he DID get one, he'd be freaking sick.Think of what happened when Chansey Evolved into Blissey... I can't IMAGINE how horrifically broken a SKARMORY evolution would be!

ok first, if this is a luvdisc evo than that means older pokemon are in these games.
but either way its ugly, like whoopi goldberg ugly. i wanna know more about that thing next to it.

ive heard earlier on this site about a minataro and him being a tauros evo? not confirmed but would be way sicker than a luvdisc evo.

and why do all you people like torkoal so much??

Because Torkoal has smokess and that's just awesome! No, I have no idea? He was amazing on Ruby I admit.

Anywayy, WHY? T_T Nintendo starts to mess with the gimmick Pokemon.. This is something I kinda dislike. Luvdisc, even though it was useless, was just there for its Heart Scales. With the new Move Relearner in RS they made Luvdisc to provide you with Heart Scales, and by looking at its movepool and stats we can conclude that its only role were the Heart Scales. So a gimmick, and you don't mess with the gimmicks?! Anyway this evolution won't be that special either, needs a new method of evolving, so probably hard to get in-game, and I bet I probably won't reach the OU tier either, so.. it will be either way forgotten in the next gen.

How can some people say it isnt luvdisc just take those fins off and change it's face.Its luvdisc.This kind of evolution kind of reminds me Goldeen to Seaking.Like how it becomes more beautiful.

Ontopic: I personally think it could be an evo of luvdisc, if it is it would be awesom. Offtopic: What's got me baffled is that thin next to wargle is that the new phantom legendary probably not but maybe it's the cell jelly thing's evo.

Finally.

No more useless rare spots be used by a sucky Luvdisc.

Hoory for this one!

Last time we got a good one was CG.

:[

I'm actually quite happy that Luvdisc got an evolution (I'm sorry, but if it isn't.. GameFreak, sort it out!) it was a really bad pokemon, it just seemed like a pokedex filler. So, hopefully, this little guy will make Luvdisc more popular. Heck, I might use it, if the stats are good anyway.

Finally a Luvdisc evolution. And it certainly looks like one. Hope that they do the same to all the other older Pokemon which were gimmicky/of not much use in the past.

Heartstamp will probably be exclusive Koromori and any of its evolutions. Why? Because obviously the move's animation is based on Koromori's nose. No doubt Mamanbo will be able to learn moves such as "Sweet Kiss", "Charm", etc. It may even get a move of its own. I truly hope that Mamanbo is much stronger than Luvdisc. I hope Farfetch'd, Tauros, Miltank, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Qwilfish, Girafarig, and maybe Delibird (if it wasn't such a gimmick).

howelllawson said:
Why do I have a really bad feeling about this?

Dare I say lawl?

I was sure that luvdisc's evolution will be something like that !!

To everyone talking about the Rankurusu on the opposing team....it's just Rankurusu. Its name is at the top, it just looks blurry because it's in the distance. Though I still don't get how you could think it's anything but Rankurusu... :p

I'm very pleased with this Pokemon, it looks so much better. Hopefully it does to Luvdisc what Togekiss did to Togetic. Also: Hurrah for more Water types! Even though some people are sick of having so many. But they're awesome. And the ocean is just as vast as the land O=)

I was hoping the evolution would be a broken heart...
Like getting full happiness and then trading it.

Im not too excited about Luvdisc getting an evo, cos truthfully i pretty much forgotten that Luvdisc was Pokemon. Hmm but im very happy that Luvdisc got an evo. Appearance wise, i think it could use some more work, it's too pink IMO. The 'Wings' should be white in colour IMO. Anyways, by the looks of this, who knows, Tauros or Relicanth or Zangoose have an evo in store for us?

Back