(1) Japan's July Set Not BW10, but 'EX Battle Boost'

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Hah, me and my friend were just talking about a set among the lines of this last nite, except neither one of us expected there to be no new cards.

Hegafire

>Disappears for months > Appears randomly
Call of Legends had a lot of shiny legendaries. I think it would be somewhat awesome if they made shiny EX's. Would help keep a lot of good EX's in the format.

deogenerate

レッツwwwケ­゙ッw­­­­­w(乂՞ټ՞)✧スクラッチンwww
Sui...cune....

s-s....ui.....cu.....ne.....

Granted, I saw this coming after Suicune was in the Kyurem deck, just my luck one of my top 3 Pokemon is the only legendary to be shafted and not given an EX. Now I can only pray that the EXs are the only new cards in the set if any at all, or they continue with EXs into the XY era...

Reggie McGigas

-
Mudkip711 said:
Reggie McGigas said:
This looks nice, I hope they include Regirock and Regice EX. I would like to see cards like Celebi EX regular and Elektrik NV reprinted in this set with better artwork.

What don't you get about "no new cards"?

What don't you get about "hopes"

cole'a

Hurl into darkness
I still want a new Gengar >_< I guess it wont be in this set :p
Will be cool to be on the same page as Japan though!

And will obviously keep some older cards in rotation longer, depending on what they re-print.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Oh c'mon man, really? A reprint set?
There goes down the chance of having an Arceus EX, or the rest of the legendaries for that matter... Yeah, I was afraid when I saw that Suicune in the Kyurem deck that it would be an excuse for not make a Suicune-EX card... The pixies appear as regular pokémon in Megalo Cannon and Manaphy appeared in Plasma Storm. Maybe the Mewtwo VS Genesect deck has a Regirock and a Regice card (at least, as non-EXs)...
Not to mention the tons of Pokémon that got no BW-era cards. No Swampert, no Tyranitar, and other awesome or neglected pokémon... oh well...

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
deogenerate said:
just my luck one of my top 3 Pokemon is the only legendary to be shafted and not given an EX.

Regice
Regirock
Azelf
Uxie
Mesprit
Phione
Manaphy
Arceus

At least Suicune got SOMETHING. The Regis, Arceus and Phione got nothing at all.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
I think I speak for all of us when I say I am disappointed over not getting Suicune-EX. :(

deogenerate

レッツwwwケ­゙ッw­­­­­w(乂՞ټ՞)✧スクラッチンwww
Mudkip711 said:
Reggie McGigas said:
This looks nice, I hope they include Regirock and Regice EX. I would like to see cards like Celebi EX regular and Elektrik NV reprinted in this set with better artwork.

What don't you get about "no new cards"?
The thing is, nothing I can find in any Japanese news stories and nothing in the images identifies the set as having "no new cards", there's no way to tell now whether there will or will not be.

If I'm missing something where it does say that there are no news card somewhere out there, please let me know, but for know there is some hope that can be held on to.

The least we can hope for is that this set is full of playable cards and not just a foreign repeat of Call of Legends.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Awwwwwww yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah! This pretty much confirms that we're getting simultaneous releases from Japanese to English. I really don't think they'd make a filler set in Japan, unless they wanted to sync the releases up. I don't like that we won't get Suicune, the other Regi's, and of course... MANAPHY!!!!1 but making another full set would make our last BW set waaaaay to huge.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Flygon2071 said:
Its like CoL, the only new cards are going to be legendary Pokemon with 5 energy attacks completely unplayable.

Dat Phione EX.

Bo$$_89

Two Posts a Day Kept the Trolls Away
SoulWind said:
I think I speak for all of us when I say I am disappointed over not getting Suicune-EX. :(

We don't need to give Keldeo another friend.

Aquadon

Aspiring Trainer
I'm actually really liking the idea of this set. Not at all because of a reprint set (which might help with simultaneous releases), but that anything that comes out in this set will probably be a part of the next Format. Rayeels might not be completely dead yet.

...Unless we get another wrench like the next Format being XY-on, forcing us all to start from scratch.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Reggie McGigas said:
Bo$$_89 said:
We don't need to give Keldeo another friend.

Yo, why'd you put my quote in your sig? Is Celebi EX not a good card or somthin?

Umm... no, Celebi is not good. There really isn't a good partner for Celebi EX. And constant 2 free prizes for your opponent is very bad.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
But but but...Charmeleon from Boundaries Crossed!
... ... ...
Okay, I lied; it's terrible.

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-
I would be severely disappointed if the English and Japanese sets get synced. Would that mean that the TCG would be synced for the whole season? I don't like the idea of not being able to have Japanese Full Art cards before the English FA are released; it would drive the value of Japanese cards down pretty badly because they would lose their exclusiveness at time of release...