(1) Japan's July Set Not BW10, but 'EX Battle Boost'

Alright guys, why dont we stop flaming as it will get us no where.

I hope this set gets released in english as a dragon vault thing (maybe paired with shiny collection in two mini sets)

Nobody's flaming. We're just pointing out that your idea, although nice and optimistic, is mistaken. Celebi EX has a good ability...in the wrong format, and thus, unfortunately, has no real hope of survival in today's metagame.
There's nothing wrong pointing out a flaw in someone's idea, so long as it's done so in a cordial and professional manner.

It's okay; it happens to the best of us. No big deal.

NarcoticHobo said:
omahanime said:
With the seeming syncing of TCG

XY should be a double set in Japan, will English set be a double set?
How will Decks and Promos be handled?

Eng could be double set with blister packs that contain 1 each of 5 card packs at the sender price as current single blisters?

Decks could be mirrors of the set Jpn decks.

Promos could still be packaged with tins, blisters , or miscellaneous packs.

That would be nice.

But I doubt it.

I think people are jumping to conclusions here - there seem to be a lot of people taking WPM's theory as the hard truth.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't get this set. If we don't, a large number of cards will go out of format come the next rotation, cards which I think the makers would like to keep in the format.

Just my two cents.

D.N.A said:
I think people are jumping to conclusions here - there seem to be a lot of people taking WPM's theory as the hard truth.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't get this set. If we don't, a large number of cards will go out of format come the next rotation, cards which I think the makers would like to keep in the format.

Just my two cents.

This is their COL. It's just reprints. Probably of stuff we'll be keeping after rotation too.

ECHOxLegend said:
get your priorities straight boy. you are seriously worried about the value of your japanese cards being lower?

My priorities are straight father.

:rolleyes:

Blui said:
D.N.A said:

Just my two cents.

This is their COL. It's just reprints. Probably of stuff we'll be keeping after rotation too.

How will we be keeping them if we don't get reprints?

D.N.A said:
Blui said:

How will we be keeping them if we don't get reprints?

What I meant was they'll reprint cards that'll stay in rotation (ie Blastoise reprint)

signofzeta said:
We sync up XY1 and maybe XY2's release, and then we start having release gaps again, because it is impossible to have simultaneous Japanese and international releases.

Why is it impossible? Maybe you meant improbable? Although, honestly, I don't even think it's improbable. If you follow Japanese card leaks on this site, you know how fast and easy it is to translate, even to non-professionals. All (near or exact) simultaneous releases would require is TCPi working directly with the TCG producers in Japan in the pre-production phase of set creation. They already work together on some level; the cooperation would just, in this case, have to take place as an earlier or closer level. Then they both print at the same (or nearly the same) time.

The current release schedules are somewhat different, but the companies syncing together would be able to overcome that anyway, either by slightly altering release dates, or coming up with some kind of compromise.

I do think it's unlikely to happen, simply because the market in Japan is entirely different from the International market and I don't think the companies will believe it's worth the money to change in any way. But that's a lot different than just writing something off as impossible.

I dont think its going to be sync with the States platform. .So,would it make sense to put the 93 Cards ‘EX Battle Boost’ with Megalo cannon? Megalo cannon only has 86 Cards in it. Thats 179

Boundaries Crossed has 149 cards.

Gusto83 said:
I dont think its going to be sync with the States platform. .So,would it make sense to put the 93 Cards ‘EX Battle Boost’ with Megalo cannon? Megalo cannon only has 86 Cards in it. Thats 179

But ‘EX Battle Boost are reprints. A set half new, half reprint?

omahanime said:
Gusto83 said:

But ‘EX Battle Boost are reprints. A set half new, half reprint?

Hey, if they can fill Emerging Powers with a bunch of random garbage cards plus the handful that should have been in Black&White, then surely a half-reprint set isn't out of the question.

The japan didn´t get the reprints from Call Of Legends, why will we get EX Battle Bost? Is easy we will get the 86 Megalo-Cannon cards, plus Mewtwo-Genesect and Blastoise-Kyurem Combo deck, so in 2 half deck´s we may get 20 new cards with more 7 cards from combo deck, and some promos left no than more of 140 cards for August set, we don´t need to have that set.

We have a TON of stuff left from Japan. Our August set could be Megalo Cannon (86), the Everybody's Exciting Battle deck (42), the Blastoise/Kyurem-EX decks (7), and we'd still be missing a bunch of promos (a lot), the Mewtwo/Genesect deck (??) and Shiny Collection (25).

Call Of Legends was necessary for the gap that the States had with japan.
And my best bet is that the 93 card reprints are for the team plasma platform
Makes sense that japan only got 86 cards in Megalo-Cannon 'cuz in july they get 93 reprints.Witch are prob' going to be team plasma pokemon.
In 'Plasma Freeze' there is a tool card called "Team Plasma Badge" That cards purpose is for the Mass turn over.
From emerging powers to Boundaries Crossed,cards like Cilan,charen,DCE will be out.

Frost said:
We have a TON of stuff left from Japan. Our August set could be Megalo Cannon (86), the Everybody's Exciting Battle deck (42), the Blastoise/Kyurem-EX decks (7), and we'd still be missing a bunch of promos (a lot), the Mewtwo/Genesect deck (??) and Shiny Collection (25).

Shyni Collection should be separate from the set like Dragon Vault was, the rest yes should be in the set.

The didn´t make so many promos as we seen before, some of them are already in Blister´s and can come out until September.

Edit:
From Everybody's Exciting Battle deck we have already some cards like Lucario line

We have zero of the Exciting Battle deck cards. The Lucario cards in Plasma Storm are from Plasma Gale and the National Beginning Set.

Sooo.... Shall I name the Pokemon that wern't in BW?

Swampert
Typhlosion
Feraligator
Meganium
Regirock
Regice
Gengar
Cloyster
Arceus
Munchlax
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Phione

See, we need these pokemon instead of a 5th watchog line or 4th Musharuna line that no one will use.

You forgot Sudowoodo, Seaking, and a lot of the baby Pokemon and probably some more I forgot.

[15:13] <&NinjaBlack> WE COULD HAVE HAD PHIONE-EX ;-;
[15:13] <DNA> ;-;
[15:13] * DNA sips his own tears.

Seriously, why didn't we get the rest of the Regis? I have been saddened.

Back