(1) 'Freeze Bolt' and 'Cold Flare' Scans, Translations Coming Soon! [7/11]

priestkalim said:
I can't OHKO you? Name a single Pokemon even slightly considered an attacker that cannot hit for 60.

Large Cloak brings him to 80 HP, and by the time I set up Raticate (T2 BTW) you won't have too much time before I Catcher and KO anything that could KO me.

Keeper Of Night said:
Large Cloak brings him to 80 HP, and by the time I set up Raticate (T2 BTW) you won't have too much time before I Catcher and KO anything that could KO me.

how i wish it would be so simple. garchomp/altaria, just to name one, cripples raticate/amoongus pretty much. by the time (turn2) you have set up raticate with large cloak, 3 energies, amoongus on bench, and a catcher in hand, i have set up at least one gabite, one garchomp and altaria. next turn i'll be swarming, you'll be scooping. raticate just can't keep it up...

i think every1 in this thread is completely missing what deck dusknoir is best in :p
audino made me really sad...also does any1 know what the red line in the middle of bianca's face is? it looks weird to me.

I don't...I don't see Dusknoir being good with anything. Darkrai doesn't need him, Kyurem isn't really good, Flygon is frail, Landorus EX doesn't need him.

The red line? You mean her glasses?

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
Maybe yes but just 1 and have a reference
...which would basically make using an old Computer Search pointless.

Renoir said:
There are lots of others to note but the ones i am most excited about are Raticate and Dusknoir. Aspertia City Gym could make up for Raticate's low HP. I didn't study the rules in a long time but would PlusPower work with Raticate or effectively do just the same thing? Dusknoir could have a lot of troll potential if you catch some high-HP-basics and split the damage to cripple their support. Too bad Super Fang needs three colorless energy.
I could actually see Raticate + Dusknoir being a possible deck (paired with Amoonguss? Maybe, but you might not need it). You're going to be racking up quite a bit of damage with Super Fang; Dusknoir will always ensure you're doing the maximum possible (by moving it onto the opponent's Bench), then you can Super Fang. Next turn, move 1 damage counter back up for a KO - OR spread around the damage on the Bench a little. Then rinse and repeat.

But there is something extremely saddening about Raticate...it only has 60 HP. I have not seen Stage 1s with HPs so low since Fossil. This not only necessitates that you must set up a Raticate each and every turn, but you're also going to have to keep recycling them back in some way...oh, and of course there is the matter of having them survive long enough. You thought Reuniclus was a fragile bench-sitter? Raticate is much much worse.

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
i think every1 in this thread is completely missing what deck dusknoir is best in
Am I really? :p

Raticate also gets the stadium that give shim 20 more HP, but if you want a tanky Super Fanger, Eviolited Mew ex is better. Regardless, Raticate should want to be KO'd. That's how Liability worked and how it would work best now. Raticate/Flygon is the ultimate game of chicken that will net you prizes either way. Raticate Amoongus may be better with Devo Spray though.

Looooots of fun stuff, really liking this set. Though broken trainers are broken.

Raticate/Flygon. Use Raticate with a Rocky Helmet to reudce enemy HP to 10. Use Catcher to bring up everything, and when you've lowered them enough switch to Flygon and take them all out at once. Rocky Helmet makes it so unless your opponent switches to another Pokemon, if they attack Raticate, you and your opponent both lose a prize. I have possibly just made Raticate semi-playable.

niccoide199cq said:
how i wish it would be so simple. garchomp/altaria, just to name one, cripples raticate/amoongus pretty much. by the time (turn2) you have set up raticate with large cloak, 3 energies, amoongus on bench, and a catcher in hand, i have set up at least one gabite, one garchomp and altaria. next turn i'll be swarming, you'll be scooping. raticate just can't keep it up...

I can OHKO after T2, and so can Garchomp/Altaria. I Catcher your Gabites and Garchomps (Stage 2, slower than Raticate) and KO them. After that I swarm with Sableye, Super Rod, and Level Ball.

priestkalim said:
Right, you keep assuming I have only one thing ever that can OHKO your 80 HP.

You're forgetting about the Stadium that gives him another +20 HP.

You keep adding more and more things you have to have by turn 2.
And assuming 100 is still not ridiculously low.

And you called Garchomp slow.

Keeper Of Night said:
I can OHKO after T2, and so can Garchomp/Altaria. I Catcher your Gabites and Garchomps (Stage 2, slower than Raticate)

You just called Garchomp slow.

Credibility ruined.

Wow, there's lots of stuff going on here.

While Ether accelerates Energy, I don't see how it could work consistently. I mean, with such low energy counts in most competitive decks, what is the chance the top card would be an energy card? Am I missing something?

LOL @ Dunsparce

Welp, I know what I'm playing.
Crustle/Cofagrigus/Darkrai EX with Aspertia Gym and Large Cloak. Plus Black Kyurem EX, Crystal Wall, and Reuniclus.
Or Ditto + EXes.

Kyurem/Dusknoir/Blastoise will be fun too.

Audino seems pretty cool as well.
Quad Scolipede would also be really good.

Remember in the DP era when 130 HP was the standard for most stage 2s? The standard for HP has heavily increased over the years for no particular reason other than to create a power creep to keep people in the game. I fear that by Gen VI the HP standard for all stage 2s will be, at the very least, 150 for the bigger guys and 120 for the smaller guys.

don()shinobi said:

Tyranitar Prime had 160 HP and it was far from broken. base set Charizard Had 120 HP back then, when the standard was around 100HP. If you account inflation for HP and damage output, BS Charizard probably had more HP then the new one.

Machamp the Champion said:
Without Feraligatr Prime, there's no water acceleration to make Keldeo EX really good.

Blastoise says. F THAT FIZ! Blastiose/Keldeo EX seems like a really good deck.

Computer Search is lame. I don't think it'd be broken if it wasn't an ACE SPEC. But the problem is that if it wasn't, Ultra Ball would be unplayable.

As for Dusknoir. I think any EX that does 150 damage could work with it (Landorus EX, Reshiram EX etc). Possibly with acceleration as well. Think about it, 4 150 damage attacks KOs 3 EXs. And can still OHKO non EXs for little price. The only things that can OHKO EXs outclassing it are Terrakion and Cresselia EX, which can only work with weakness. Keldeo EX with 6 or 7 energies on it. Shaymin EX, which is situational. And White Kyurem + Crystal Edge or WK + Pluspower + Tails on burn. But I think WK will be the new thing to beat anyways.

don()shinobi said:
Remember in the DP era when 130 HP was the standard for most stage 2s? The standard for HP has heavily increased over the years for no particular reason other than to create a power creep to keep people in the game. I fear that by Gen VI the HP standard for all stage 2s will be, at the very least, 150 for the bigger guys and 120 for the smaller guys.

They need some way of competing with basics that have 130 HP and access to eviolite.

Back