(1) 'Freeze Bolt' and 'Cold Flare' Scans, Translations Coming Soon! [7/11]

EDIT: Also, Cresselia-EX is mistranslated. It heals damage only from itself, not from each of your Pokemon.
Really now? Let's see...

Oh yep, you're right.

So heres my thinking on Ditto, he could be really good for consistency paired with Ultra ball in decks that want/need a specific pokemon starter.

Heres what I mean; if you don’t get your desired starter in hand then play Ditto then search for your starter and play it onto ditto. This saves switches and or energy for retreat, along with bench space and later can be used for ultraball/Computer search fodder.

So it’s basically increasing the count of your starter by 4 (if you have sufficient search). Anyway that’s my take.

I was really excited about Flygon + Ether ,until I read Audino.

I don’t think Raticate is "broken" because it can never actually KO anything, unless there is some way to give poison with an ability. But hes very good.

Sanokumo said:
I don’t think Raticate is "broken" because it can never actually KO anything, unless there is some way to give poison with an ability. But hes very good.

amoongus next destinies does the job :) raticate, amoongus, devolution spray, aspertia city gym, and exp share why not? exicted about it

I really like how this entire set was revealed, we got 20 different Ultra Rares, most of which are playable, and the most common comment in this thread is along the lines of "awww, no FA Skyla..." Really guys? Things that are in this set that are infinity better than a FA Skyla include:
  • Shiny Terrakion
  • Shiny Altaria
  • FA Bianca (so much more playable)
  • Computer Search Reprint (great for everyone who doesn't play unlimited)
  • Rain Dance to non-water Pokémon
  • Audino countering Accelgor
  • Supporter lock mechanic
  • Town Map
  • Lots of gimmicky EXs, but they have amazing art none the less.
So yeah, no. There are so many cool cards, great works of art, and new game mechanics in this set, I'm finding it hard to believe people are complaining about a mediocre Supporter not being a little shinier. I know people have stopped mentioning the lack of FA Skyla in this thread for the most part, just had to get this off of my chest.

I'd rather see FA Skyla than another Terrakion (and it's a reprint to boot).

LandoTerrakion EX! T1 and T2 it blows up Eels, Deinos, Swablus, Gibles, etc. However, it has a Terrible Blastoise/Keldeo Matchup (Blastbox? Blasteo? Hydro Blade? lol names). But finally, LandoTerrakion has a T1 attacker, The possibilities....

I know people have stopped mentioning the lack of FA Skyla in this thread for the most part, just had to get this off of my chest.
That, and it's totally possible we'll get FA Skyla in a later set. The first prints of Cheren and Bianca were way back.

I'm actually a bit optimistic about this set. There are quite a few weird gimmicks, yes, but I think a whole bunch of possibilities are being opened. The card that stands out to me right away is Hugh: it doubles as not only a possible draw power, but also a possible annoyer. Heh, forget 4 N per deck; Hugh will work quite nicely.

Rather upset that Computer Search is an ACE SPEC now. Ah well, I guess I'll live.

Audino = searchable Poke Healer + without the doubling effect. Pretty nifty, especially given how it can circumvent a lock (well, except for Garbodor). And Stoutland is amazing.

Won't this set be released about November or so? That was about the same time as Noble Victories, and I was very optimistic about that. Yeah, I think this set will definitely improve things. I'm looking forward to it.

Raticate/Amoonguss/Eels. Hmmmm....
The main problem with Raticate is that it has a 3 energy attack. While good, It still needs Acceleration, even with DCE. Seems like a pretty fast and viable deck now actually.....Until you run into Espeon.

RogueChomp said:
The main problem with Raticate is that it has a 3 energy attack. While good, It still needs Acceleration, even with DCE. Seems like a pretty fast and viable deck now actually.....Until you run into Espeon.

That is the other good thing of raticate. It can use every acceleration (Except dark patch). But why Espeon? It is damage

Blastoise/Keldeo EX shouts out to me, but I also see the possiblity of a Poison deck making a return. Plus the fact that Jellicent could be fun to work with just traps the Poisoned Pokemon in play. But I feel that'll be rogue.

STOP MAKING TERRAKION STUFF. Ridiculous! UGH. I must say that the Shiny Altaria looks pretty good, as does the Golurk. The artwork is excellent, and I'm interested in how the ACE Spec cards will affect the game...if at all. I don't know if Bicycle is worth running in a deck, but it's definitely test-worthy. I definitely like Ether. That'll make its way into Blastoise decks.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
That, and it's totally possible we'll get FA Skyla in a later set. The first prints of Cheren and Bianca were way back.

I'm actually a bit optimistic about this set. There are quite a few weird gimmicks, yes, but I think a whole bunch of possibilities are being opened. The card that stands out to me right away is Hugh: it doubles as not only a possible draw power, but also a possible annoyer. Heh, forget 4 N per deck; Hugh will work quite nicely.

Rather upset that Computer Search is an ACE SPEC now. Ah well, I guess I'll live.

Audino = searchable Poke Healer + without the doubling effect. Pretty nifty, especially given how it can circumvent a lock (well, except for Garbodor). And Stoutland is amazing.

Won't this set be released about November or so? That was about the same time as Noble Victories, and I was very optimistic about that. Yeah, I think this set will definitely improve things. I'm looking forward to it.

Same crap happened when Bill got reprinted in HGSS. Glad I can dig into old cards again but sad that I need a reference for it.

And as for the Ditto... Disappointing but it's a decent way to burn cards in your hand.

And to all of you whining about the Terrakion reprint: IT'S A FREAKING SHINY TERRAKION! ONE OF THE BEST SHINIES IN BLACK AND WHITE!!! SHUT UP ABOUT IT I WANT ONE!!! XD TPC! MAKE A SHINY HAXORUS CARD IN THE NEXT SET!!!

SoulWind said:
It seems like they're picking EX URs at random now. :p

Where's our Lugia EX!?

Uh, it's on the cover of the Plasma Gale packs! Next set buddy!

Still waiting on that Suicune EX too.

Also, am I the only one thinking they should have saved Tornadus EX to do what they did with Landorus EX?

We're at 5 Ducklett and 4 Swannas and not a single one is usable. All I want is a reason to use my small, blue duck friend. Is that so much to ask?

RogueChomp said:

Ether with Lunatone or Musharna could work nicely.

Serperior said:
^ Ah, true. Looks like that'll pop up in more decks too.

Garbordor/Amoongus/Raticate.
Use Amoongus ability, set up Garbordor, use Raticate's attack for OHKO.

Keeper Of Night said:
Garbordor/Amoongus/Raticate.
Use Amoongus ability, set up Garbordor, use Raticate's attack for OHKO.

Get one OHKO, never kill anything else again because you locked yourself out of Amoonguss, that Raticate dies next turn, they OHKO Raticates faster than you can 2HKO things with your 3-cost attacker that cannot ever OHKO.

Garbodor does not work with Amoonguss.

priestkalim said:
Get one OHKO, never kill anything else again because you locked yourself out of Amoonguss, that Raticate dies next turn, they OHKO Raticates faster than you can 2HKO things with your 3-cost attacker that cannot ever OHKO.

Garbodor does not work with Amoonguss.

Use Tool Scraper to discard your Tool on Garbordor, keep using Amoongus' ability. Get more OHKOs with more Raticates.

Loving the return of Rain Dance Blastoise. For more reasons than just nostalgia, too! (Imagine that!)

1) Squirtle has to be Catcher'd. He's immune to all snipe or spread damage while he sits on the bench waiting for that candy. That's awesome. Definitely ups the playability of Blastoise by a nice margin.

2) Blastoise is weak against Grass and not Electric. Also very good news. Definitely keeps him playable.

3) There's definitely some Blastoise/Keldeo-EX bromance goin' on here and I think I like it. Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Keeper Of Night said:
Use Tool Scraper to discard your Tool on Garbordor, keep using Amoongus' ability. Get more OHKOs with more Raticates.

That sounds like a great way to waste resources, especially since you would need to also have another tool to reattach to Garbodor. Every single turn you would need a Devolution Spray, a Tool Scrapper, a Tool, and a way to keep streaming Raticates.

Back