(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

Zaqix said:
DNA said:
...Ampharos is popular? I wasn't aware Ampharos had any followers that weren't closet.

I was just about to say the same thing....I'm pretty sure Ampharos has never been "popular" in any definition, was (and still is) one of my favorites (probably top 15) of mine so I'm excited and glad but still kinda confused lol

Yeah, I get you. I know there are a lot of people out there that like Ampharos. It's just...never been touted as one of the widely popular ones, like the other examples (Blaziken, Lucario, Absol) have.

Zaqix said:
Metalizard said:
PS: regarding Digimon, honestly, I like Digimon but only the first three seasons and the digimon created during that time. I think Frontier is one of the most ridiculous things ever (human turning into Digimon), Savers is ok but the newer digimon don't impress me and Xros Wars (which I didn't even bothered to watch) basically looks like a bunch of Transformers fusing with each other...
So, you can call me a Digimon genwunner, I guess...

This is sorta getting off topic but I had to comment because I'm EXACTLY the same way, I love Digimon the first 3 seasons (well the first two and the third one is ok) and in my mind 4th season and on don't exist which makes me feel like a hypocrite because there's nothing I despise more than Pokemon genwunners...

Also on the Digimon similarity aspect someone made this: (not sure if allowed to share so put in spoiler tag in case not)

81c.gif

Back to the topic on hand, I'm actually really glad that it's not a permanent change and is in battle only and has requirements, it means it won't be forced and I can choose to ignore that aspect of the game (as I do with Ivs). However, I am still upset by the fact that this means Absol and Mawile won't get evolutions, I hope mainly third stage/pokemon who don't need evos end up getting Mega Forms...ie. Rather than Mega Farfetch'd I really hope Farfetch'd gets a real evo

I LOVE that "spoiler". Especially how Ampharos acts all Amphabluous after the evolution. XD

MEGA POKEVOLUTION!!!!! :D

A combo of two of animes that made my childhood. Awesome.

blaziken9131 said:
I for one, welcome our new mega overlords.

Yes, I'm joining along with this. Especially when, if, because may be possible, I have two of my Pokemon ready to become Mega.

First the games.....and then.....THE WORLD!!!!!

Why have only Lucario, blaziken. and mewtwo been recognized as megas. What about ampharos, absol, and mawile? Could they have been fakes?

Yeah, Ampharos has been one of my favorites since the moment I saw it, and I've always been a little disappointed it wasn't part-Dragon, so I am all over this. C'mon, just look at those flowing locks, how can you not love that?

Ohman177 said:
Why have only Lucario, blaziken. and mewtwo been recognized as megas. What about ampharos, absol, and mawile? Could they have been fakes?

CoroCoro isn't officially out yet, is the thing. Game Freak knows that it always leaks and the news in it gets well-known well in advance, but they still always pretend like it doesn't. So right now the only officially revealed Mega Pokémon are Mewtwo, Blaziken, Lucario, and Kangaskhan. Mega Absol, Ampharos, and Mawile aren't fake, they're just not officially announced yet.

Well, I can't wait to MegaAbsol, MegaAmpharos, and MegaMawile in battle footage. Blaziken and Lucario looked great in their mega formes in battle so hoping the same for the other three.

Now that Mega Lucario is rocking higher base power Bullet Punch because of Adaptability, and has Mach Punch, and his boost affects all his STABs, I think it's time we parted ways. I knew you well, good buddy.

Goodbye, Scizor. /sniffle

The Mega Ampharos finally gives Gen II another Dragon-type! It also gives me even more reasons to use it in the future. I bet that all of the Kalos starters will have a Mega Evolution, I could also see Pikachu having a Mega Evolution of its own (it being the franchise's mascot and all).

I can't wait for more to be revealed!

In one post, Pokebeach assumes Megamewtwo has increased speed because it's obvious in the movie. In a following post, they say Megamewtwo has increased Sp. Atk. Is this in addition to the speed boost or is it just Sp. atk and you guys were wrong? If so, could you edit the previous post or something?
I hope they aren't wrong because mewtwo was portrayed as extremely fast in the movie so it would only make sense. But then again GF did go ahead and make absol and mawile's evos mega instead of permanent.

Metalizard said:
dragotoed said:
Oh God, Mega Lucario. Are you kidding me? I'm quoting from the official site here: it has Higher Attack, Adaptability, and can now actually learn Close Combat. (It was close combat wasn't it? the move it used in the trailer?)

what? Lucario can learn Close Combat by level up ever since it was introduced in Gen 4...

whoops. my bad. i swear i checked close combat on bulbapedia and i guess it slipped my eye. i always go for a special based lucario so yeah... sorry bout that. :)

but still! haha.

and to the other person, yeah, i'm pretty sure that's close combat.

dragotoed said:
Metalizard said:
what? Lucario can learn Close Combat by level up ever since it was introduced in Gen 4...

whoops. my bad. i swear i checked close combat on bulbapedia and i guess it slipped my eye. i always go for a special based lucario so yeah... sorry bout that. :)

but still! haha.

and to the other person, yeah, i'm pretty sure that's close combat.

Its likely that certain moves get new visuals when used in the Mega form.

Heck, maybe they get mega moves? Mega Close Combat?

Huh... This is neat.

I love Mega Lucario and Mega Absol <3

Also... That supposed second Mewtwo "form" that looks like Mew? It's probably Mega Mew?

Tuoko said:
Huh... This is neat.

I love Mega Lucario and Mega Absol <3

Also... That supposed second Mewtwo "form" that looks like Mew? It's probably Mega Mew?

I would LOVE that to be true!

Would also be interesting if the held item was Mewnite for BOTH of them.

The only downside I'm seeing SO far is that you NEED the X-nite hold item on the pokemon. Meaning no Choice Band or Leftovers or anything like that, but still... I'm Interested...

The only design I'm kinda iffy on right now is Kangaskhan's because the only difference is that the baby is out of the pouch and looks a bit different.

I too am curious about what other Pokemon are getting Mega Evolutions this generation.

I really am loving these Mega Evolutions. Although, I do wish Absol's and Mawile's were their actual evolutions.

W-Wait a second. We get Mega Evolutions, so wouldn't that also mean that we may be fighting against Mega Evolutions in the game, too? Because afterall, there is a gym leader who knows all about Mega Evolutions.

This could be the challenge that many Pokemon Gamers have been waiting for.

I hope it turns out to be well balanced...not a huge advantage, but fun. I'm a little iffy on them saying Kangaskhan can use the same move twice in a row...that seems rather absurdly overpowered. I wouldn't want battles to just become a Mega-off.

But the concept of Kangaskhan's baby getting the mega evo proves that they can do some really lovable, creative things with it, and maybe we'll see many more that take clever advantage of the pokemon's concept.

A mega dugtrio where the three fuse into one gigantic diglett?

A mega tangrowth revealing some strange body under the vines?

Mega fossil pokemon who lose rock type, as though becoming "fully" resurrected?

The possibilities are pretty vast.

Mega UNOWN that can actually fight??

Shade234 said:
Although, I do wish Absol's and Mawile's were their actual evolutions.

100% agree with ya Gamefreak really dropped the ball with Mawile and Absol, those should have been evolutions for them, but nope GF had to go form crazy again and tack on more unneeded forms (the final evolutions I can understand in a way, but the 1s that really need evolutions don't need a Mega Evolution, and this kinda defeats the purpose of having more cross-gen evolutions for Gen VI.)

Altho I am excited that I'll have a MegaLucario and a MegaAmpharos to add into the team for X/Y.

Fancy said:
W-Wait a second. We get Mega Evolutions, so wouldn't that also mean that we may be fighting against Mega Evolutions in the game, too? Because afterall, there is a gym leader who knows all about Mega Evolutions.

This could be the challenge that many Pokemon Gamers have been waiting for.

If theres a Mega Dunsparce im out!!

DorianBlack said:
CoroCoro isn't officially out yet, is the thing. Game Freak knows that it always leaks and the news in it gets well-known well in advance, but they still always pretend like it doesn't. So right now the only officially revealed Mega Pokémon are Mewtwo, Blaziken, Lucario, and Kangaskhan. Mega Absol, Ampharos, and Mawile aren't fake, they're just not officially announced yet.

They are now.

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
From the new trailer shown at the closing ceremony:
nmwwbUB.png

I give my thanks to Derpfish.

Back