(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
I for one love this new aspect! Ampharos is my favorite gen II Pokemon so I'm really excited to train it into its "mega" version. Half dragon?!?! :D Also, the Absol and Mawile evolutions look pretty sweet too. Looks like I'll actually put one of them on my team now.

Wonder if they'll toy with the first gen's starters... Mega Blastoise. *drool*

Professer K

Aspiring Trainer
zethose said:
Really angry about this. Pokemon is going in the wrong direction. The reason their game series has been so successful is that they havn't been changing what isnt broken and just releasing the same content expanded with new gimmicks and graphic upgrades. Adding a 4th evolution will destroy these games. Hell blaiziken is already perma-banned to ubers because of the ability speed boost, and now they make "mega-blaziken"... Anyway as a long time, loyal fan of the series. "ya done goofed" Gamefreak.

I mean no disrespect put you are wrong. 1) they are not adding a 4th evolution. If you actually read everything you would see that the "mega's" are neither an evolution or a form. In short they are basically just the "awakened" forms of them. Or a better way of putting it: unlocking their true potential during battle's with the use of any item. 2) No one but GF really knows everything about them. You are judging it based of a preview instead of thinking outside the box and giving it a try. I understand that you are upset because they are changing something that is so close to your child hood. However it would be foolish to judge a whole movie just off a trailer or preview right? 3) the reason GF is changing things is because they want to reinvent the series. Think about it. Would you really be happy if every game was completely the same with only a few differences. The answer would probably be no. Same goes for the guy's making the game. GF could just make a bunch of games with minor tweaks and make a bunch of money. Instead they are trying to be innovative and make they fans happy. I would rather have a company that is trying new things they just do the exact same thing every time. That's why I don't play COD because the game is basically the same with only a few more guns, improved graphics and a different story line. They haven't really done anything that's way out their and unexpected since they added the Nazi zombies. The same could go with pokemon. When was the last time that they really put themselves out their? And I mean did something big. I would say 3rd gen. In short what I am saying is that a company needs to take risk. If this back fires then GF will learn from it. But if it's a huge successes then they are making a lot of money. And I can point out a lot of other companies that stuck their neck out and now their products are a must have. So please give it a try or wait till we have all the info and then if you don't like it vocalize that you don't.

MikeDC28

Aspiring Trainer
I am not too happy with the concept but I will be content as long as it is only temporary (pokemon will only be in mega form for a select period of time. Like the span of a battle).

Ohman177

Aspiring Trainer
BTW to anyone who cares, mega doesn't exist in digimon. It is only in the english dub. It's actually called ultimate in Japan.
So really the name is completely original and in the words of the wise Jenna Marbles, people with that reasoning should "pipe the f*ck down."

Blaziken Uchiha

Aspiring Trainer
While this is all pretty interesting (Blaziken actually looks cooler, somehow!), I have another topic to bring up!!

corocoro-torchic.jpg

Remember this pic? Well look by Absol (Mega-Absol). The screencap below him... while it is probably just Absol again, it doesn't quite look like it. I thought I'd ask you.

What do you think? Is this Absol or perhaps something like a Fennekin evolution? Seems farfetch'd, but possible. (I don't know if this has been asked, but oh welp.)

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
Ohman177 said:
BTW to anyone who cares, mega doesn't exist in digimon. It is only in the english dub. It's actually called ultimate in Japan.
So really the name is completely original and in the words of the wise Jenna Marbles, people with that reasoning should "pipe the f*ck down."

I am very sure that they will be called Awakened, since Mew3 is mega and he is called Awakened Mewtwo

Ohman177

Aspiring Trainer
xayshade said:
Ohman177 said:

I am very sure that they will be called Awakened, since Mew3 is mega and he is called Awakened Mewtwo

But in Japanese it's mega. WHICH IS COMPLETELY ORIGINAL.

Genius715

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know if anyone has said this, but a Mega Lucario who has Adaptabilty will be a very dangerous opponent. Just imagine if they have an awakened form for things like Blissey...

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I am not sure if you guys saw this but these Mega forms of the Pokemon reprsent new abilities and also you need to do a Mega Evolution in order to perform these types of Pokemon. Our neighbor has the abilities listed for each Pokemon.:)

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
I still don't like how Pokemon is going the same route as Digimon in Gen VI, Game Freak is taking a huge risk with these "Mega Formes" or "Mega Evolutions" for these Pokemon but it just feels like a lame excuse to replace hidden abilities from Gen V which I thought was fine until Speed Boost Blaziken came along. What Game Freak should've done is give us new evolutions to Pokemon from previous generations instead of this stupid gimmick of fixing something that wasn't broken.

superman

Aspiring Trainer
Water Pokémon Master said:

These "Mega evolutions" look horrible--they are Pokemon in dire need of a hair cut! Sadly, Pokemon is only going downhill from here. R.I.P Pokemon--it was fun.

CynicalGiant

Aspiring Trainer
I think of these Mega forms as Ultimate skins in League of Legends. Take the concept of the character and turn it up to 11.

I can't wait to see MegaCharizard, MegaKingler, MegaPrimeape and MegaGyarados if they are treating this like Dream World.

People need to realize that they found a way to make a lot of older pokemon viable without giving them full on evolutions, since most older pokemon that are terrible are already fully evolved. Think of stuff like Beedrill. If you don't like the forms don't use them.

Also keep in mind that most kids that play pokemon will love this change. I showed mega blaziken to my 8 year old brother and he was jumping and screaming in pure joy.

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
superman said:

These "Mega evolutions" look horrible--they are Pokemon in dire need of a hair cut! Sadly, Pokemon is only going downhill from here. R.I.P Pokemon--it was fun.

"Pokemon is dead blah blah blah."
Quit it with that nonsense. These are just a small part of the game. I personally hate most of the Gen 4 evolutions, but I still love Pokemon.

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
superman said:

Sir you are being incredibly overdramatic. They aren't even interested in catering to your demographic. X and Y is still going to sell hard and GameFreak will get paid.

Besides, I love the mega forms. Especially Blaziken and I hate Blaziken.

superman

Aspiring Trainer
Chrono said:
superman said:

Quit it with that nonsense. These are just a small part of the game. I personally hate most of the Gen 4 evolutions, but I still love Pokemon.

Hey, it's my opinion--what's wrong with that? I feel that they look out of place.

Professer K

Aspiring Trainer
superman said:
Chrono said:

Hey, it's my opinion--what's wrong with that? I feel that they look out of place.

A lot of pokemon in the past have looked out of place and things turned out just fine. You are still going to buy the games.

superman

Aspiring Trainer
xayshade said:
superman said:

Sir you are being incredibly overdramatic. They aren't even interested in catering to your demographic. X and Y is still going to sell hard and GameFreak will get paid.

Besides, I love the mega forms. Especially Blaziken and I hate Blaziken.

Please improve on your spelling techniques ( its over dramatic), and most certainly work on your grammar! Nevertheless, I am just expressing my concern with these "new" Pokemon--I personally don't care for them--and I am not being over dramatic. After all, Water Pokemon Master said "discuss", and therefore I am with my unbiased thoughts.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I am looking forward to see what these evolutions look like. Guys Digimon died about 10 years or so ago. There is no need to worry. Also no one is being dramatic here. He was stating his opinion on what he thinks about the new generation. You may not agree but he is still entitled to speak his mind. his pretty much roght. too.:)