(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

Half of me wants to say that this whole idea was partially for the TCG side of the Pokemon world, where it will be their EX-like thingy for Gen 6 cards. It's probably not true but just something that crossed my mind.

I kinda hope that this is for a very special group of Pokemon (for some reason I don't want every single Pokemon to have a Mega forme idk why), so we won't have random stuff like MegaKecleon or MegaQwilfish.

Professer K said:
superman said:
Hey, it's my opinion--what's wrong with that? I feel that they look out of place.

A lot of pokemon in the past have looked out of place and things turned out just fine. You are still going to buy the games.

Your opinion--not mine--as I felt the older generations of Pokemon were made with better quality and care.

No, I won't be buying Pokemon X or Y. I don't play the Pokemon video games anymore--I just dislike the game-play in general. I'm more of a Pokemon TCG connoisseur.

superman said:
xayshade said:
Sir you are being incredibly overdramatic. They aren't even interested in catering to your demographic. X and Y is still going to sell hard and GameFreak will get paid.

Besides, I love the mega forms. Especially Blaziken and I hate Blaziken.

Please improve on your spelling techniques ( its over dramatic), and most certainly work on your grammar! Nevertheless, I am just expressing my concern with these "new" Pokemon--I personally don't care for them--and I am not being over dramatic. After all, Water Pokemon Master said "discuss", and therefore I am with my unbiased thoughts.

First of all your opinion/ thoughts are being biased. The definition of unbiased is: Showing no prejudice for or against something. You are being biased against the new mega evolutions just because it's different or strange or even new. We don't have all the info and until we do or until you actually give them an honest try then you are forming your opinion based on just a preview. A lot of movies are better than the trailers show them to be. So don't judge something on a preview.

The Mega Evolution treatment for Mawile and Absol is like they don't really have any concept that connect with those pokemon so they would give them evolution but keep the same pokemon.

^In all fairness most trailers portray movies to be better than they honestly are too.

But at the same time, most Pokemon players generally hate everything Pokemon does at first, and then get used to it and even like it. Iirc Gen 5 received so much hate it hurt going onto Pokemon forums. But now everybody seems to like it, or at least not avidly rage at Gen 5 Pokemon. I doubt this bitterness towards the Mega Pokemon will last long.

superman said:
xayshade said:
Sir you are being incredibly overdramatic. They aren't even interested in catering to your demographic. X and Y is still going to sell hard and GameFreak will get paid.

Besides, I love the mega forms. Especially Blaziken and I hate Blaziken.

Please improve on your spelling techniques ( its over dramatic), and most certainly work on your grammar! Nevertheless, I am just expressing my concern with these "new" Pokemon--I personally don't care for them--and I am not being over dramatic. After all, Water Pokemon Master said "discuss", and therefore I am with my unbiased thoughts.

My spelling or grammar or typos can be as wrong as they want to be, you would still be over dramatic, so I have no clue what my grammar has to do with anything.

Professer K said:
superman said:

First of all your opinion/ thoughts are being biased. The definition of unbiased is: Showing no prejudice for or against something. You are being biased against the new mega evolutions just because it's different or strange or even new. We don't have all the info and until we do or until you actually give them an honest try then you are forming your opinion based on just a preview. A lot of movies are better than the trailers show them to be. So don't judge something on a preview.

You're telling this person not to judge something on a preview, yet you say you love the mega forms yourself. He/she is allowed to not like them just as much as you are allowed to like them

24 hours ago I would have shaken this forum with the sheer amount of profanities I was going to say, so I took some time to calm down.

I still don't like them, they are overdesigned and this whole "spontaneously changes during battle to unleash MAXIMUM potential" business is too reminiscent of the oh so cliche digievolutions, oportune evolutions in pokemon and, of course, dragon ball Z (I swear, If before evolving the pokemon talk for ten turns, I quit.).
But I think mawile's should have been a legit evo, and I love that ampharos, It's sooo cute. I don't understand why dragon, But I'll be fine. When I saw it first at first it was a shock (see what I did there?).

I'm not even gonna mention those abominations slightly resembling lucario, blaziken and absol.

I love that pantene ampharos picture (it made me take a better look at ModelAmpharos and like it), but this is what I thought when I saw megaampharos:

METALAMPHAROS.jpg

Gorgeous and badass.

xxashxx said:
I am looking forward to see what these evolutions look like. Guys Digimon died about 10 years or so ago. There is no need to worry. Also no one is being dramatic here. He was stating his opinion on what he thinks about the new generation. You may not agree but he is still entitled to speak his mind. his pretty much roght. too.:)

They probably wanted to do this a few generations ago, but wanted to wait until Digimon was truly dead and unrevivable, so the fans and the makers of Digimon won't start complaining and do the lawsuit thing haha.

DBKaiMagick said:
Professer K said:

You're telling this person not to judge something on a preview, yet you say you love the mega forms yourself. He/she is allowed to not like them just as much as you are allowed to like them

I never said that I wasn't being biased. I like the form because it shows that GF isn't afraid to put themselves out there and try something new. I have not once said that I was being unbiased about this unlike the guy I previously responded to. What I was saying in short is don't be all gung-ho and say that Pokémon is dead or the worlds coming to any end over one business venture.

I never liked Absol but I'm in awe about how good it looks in 3D. So majestic with those wings.

MegaAbsol has wings?? What type(s) is it going to be??
I do have to say it does look cool out of all the others though ^^

jdivinity said:
I never liked Absol but I'm in awe about how good it looks in 3D. So majestic with those wings.

I love this mega so much, but it makes laugh at how emo it is. Seriously look at it...dem bangs. Now that I look at it a bit more it gives off a femme fatale sort of vibe. I must have it now, and ride it into battle :p

To anyone saying things like, "I might not buy X or Y now":

You're going to miss out on these revolutionary Pokemon games all because you don't like change.

It seems like quite a few people in the Pokemon fandom love to say that Pokemon is running out of ideas and when Game Freak creates something new and awesome, they whine and moan about it. It happens every time CoroCoro reveals something even SLIGHTLY different from the norm.

If you want to be stubborn and complain about Game Freak making Pokemon even more enjoyable and fantastic, go ahead, but it won't stop them and you won't accomplish anything by ranting about it. It's fine if you don't like something about what they are doing with the Pokemon franchise, but to sit there and say that Pokemon is ruined is completely immature and unnecessary.

TokenDuelist said:
xxashxx said:
Guys Digimon died about 10 years or so ago.

No it didn't.

He's right, there's even a 3DS game for Digimon that's out in Japan right now and there's speculation going on right now as to whether If it will get imported over to the U.S., judging by the graphics and gameplay it reminds me of one of those 32-bit RPG's on the PS2 like Dark Cloud for example.

As for the Digimon Anime, it's definitely WAY better than the Pokemon Anime but then again I didn't watch it as much as I probably should have compared to other TV Shows and Anime being aired at the time which I think was back in 1996 I believe when the Anime Craze first started in North America with Samurai Pizza Cats, Dragonball Z, and Sailor Moon with more to follow afterward.

Ha, seems I was right about it being only in-battle.

Other than Mawile and Sableye however, they're unlikely to give any pokemon I really like any mega forms.

Lucario, Blaziken, Mewtwo and Absol are pokemon who have generated some of the worst, most overabundant (sometimes horrifying) fan-art and OC's and were some of my least favorites even before that, so that they chose these four to first showcase the mechanic is hilarious for me. Everyone I know immediately messaged me about them revealing "megalucario" and I thought they were seriously joking.

The wings added to Absol are the worst thing, though. It's become a cliche' of terrible, unimaginative OC's and fakemon to just slap angel wings on something. I can't believe this is official and not a fake. It's unbelievable they'd really do something so tacky, cheap and lazy.

They probably wanted to do this a few generations ago, but wanted to wait until Digimon was truly dead and unrevivable, so the fans and the makers of Digimon won't start complaining and do the lawsuit thing haha.

Um....dead and unrevivable? Where have you been? Digimon has had steadily had new games and new anime since its debut and is going as strong as ever right now. Its latest series only ended last year and was a huge hit in Japan...it's not going anywhere any time soon.

Transforming during battle is a common theme in anime, manga and games that they couldn't be sued over anyhow.

Back