(1) Chandelure-EX from ‘EX Battle Boost’ – Basic EX? [6/29]

Ryan Sinclair said:
Guys guys guys, I just thought of something.
Bare with me on this one. It's slow (at least, in this format), but it could be a funny rogue.
Chandelure EX/Cofagrigus/Garbodor

Chandelure to open and lay down the special conditions,
Cofagrigus with Slap Of Misfortune - 70 damage and whenever your opponent flips, count it as tails,
Garbodor to prevent Keldeo, Darkrai and Virizion.
Perhaps tech in Jellicent to bump Retreat Costs, and play a ton of Tool Scrapper against Float Stone.

With Confusion they can't attack, because Cofagrigus.

IT MIGHT HAVE A USE YET! Let's see how speedy our next format will be.
Garbodor cancels Cofagrigus. I don't think this is a good idea.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Woah, woah woah! Everybody, calm the heck down! What if I told you, that just because they are making a stage 2 pokemon as a basic EX, doesn't mean that all stage 2's will be gone forever.

I highly doubt that Stage 2's will be gone forever, although I just find it stupid on TPCi's part to take a Pokemon that is a final evolution of Litwick being Chandelure and turning it into a EX Basic when it should've been a EX Stage 2. I don't understand why that's a problem when the TCG has had EX Stage 1's and Stage 2's in the past during Gen III.

Machamp the Champion said:
Rare Candy isn't going anywhere. It's getting a Shiny Reprint in Plasma Blast (well, I can't say that for certain, but it's in Megalo Cannon).

So it's going to get reprinted as a Secret Rare in Plasma Blast which is our next set.

TPCi has absolutely nothing to do with the existence of Chandelure-EX. They don't make the cards, they translate and distribute them in English.

blargh257 said:
Ryan Sinclair said:
Guys guys guys, I just thought of something.
Bare with me on this one. It's slow (at least, in this format), but it could be a funny rogue.
Chandelure EX/Cofagrigus/Garbodor

Chandelure to open and lay down the special conditions,
Cofagrigus with Slap Of Misfortune - 70 damage and whenever your opponent flips, count it as tails,
Garbodor to prevent Keldeo, Darkrai and Virizion.
Perhaps tech in Jellicent to bump Retreat Costs, and play a ton of Tool Scrapper against Float Stone.

With Confusion they can't attack, because Cofagrigus.

IT MIGHT HAVE A USE YET! Let's see how speedy our next format will be.

Umm, Slap of misfortune is an attack not an ability.

That deck would be so much fun if you could pull it off.

Specifically PCL (Pokemon Card Laboratory). They are the "ultimate authority" as far as rulings go as well.
All those rulings that get handed over from Japan that affect us over here (like the Random Receiver and Dowsing Machine ones)? It's them.

TM_Gold said:
blargh257 said:

Ohhhhh...
I have been off today.
Still seems like it wouldn't work.

Yeah, I was going to clear that up...
Stop with the "TPCi this and TPCi that", didn't you notice we're talking about japanese cards? TPCi is only guilty of planning bad english sets, print the cards with poor quality and not giving good pull rates (maybe some other things too)... PCL, like DNA said, are the ones responsible for the conception and creation of the cards, so in this department, whenever you think a card, a rule or a game mechanic is bad, blame PCL!

As the conversation seems to be swinging this way... for the record, losing Rare Candy wouldn't be a bad thing; universal Evolution acceleration, especially that encourages completely skipping a Stage, isn't conducive to good game design. Every Stage 2, in order to be "balanced", has to be built as if you are getting it into play with Rare Candy. Is this a problem right now? Nope, but it has been in the past and makes it harder to fix the overall problem; the speed/damage output of offensive decks, especially those build around non-Evolving Basic Pokémon and Pokémon-EX.

blargh257 said:
TM_Gold said:

Ohhhhh...
I have been off today.
Still seems like it wouldn't work.

It's only conceptual, I don't imagine it would work in this format (as I said in my original post) but the annoyance of having to pass or taking 30 damage would be hell, especially if you can pull of the Ability lock and high Retreat Costs! :p
Though, Garbodor would lock out Jellicent, so maybe not tech Jellicent :')

Saw this poster just now. It includes new cards that we haven't seen yet.

https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/351946265854111744/photo/1

Skulblaka_Shur said:

According to the poster, the EXs will not have new artwork. Boo-Hoo!

Reggie McGigas said:
Skulblaka_Shur said:

According to the poster, the EXs will not have new artwork. Boo-Hoo!

''Chandelure-EX''

Atleast one will be new...

Reshiram EX and Zekrom EX were already shown to have reprinted artwork, so sadly that's not really news, since they would be unlikely to give some of the EXes new artwork and not the others. We do get a new Tornadus-EX art for the box promo, so that's something at least.

OU Pokemon said:
Wait...some people are talking about "Gold Remover", and other ACE Specs, but I can' find them.

They were in the same news post as Chendelure, but Water Pokemon Master removed those cards because they were all fake.

Machamp the Champion said:
OU Pokemon said:
Wait...some people are talking about "Gold Remover", and other ACE Specs, but I can' find them.

They were in the same news post as Chendelure, but Water Pokemon Master removed those cards because they were all fake.

They weren't "fake", they were just ideas from the owner of the blog in a completely different entry posted days earlier.

Back