(1) Chandelure-EX from ‘EX Battle Boost’ – Basic EX? [6/29]

My money is on misprint. Unless it distinctly says basic Pokemon, they probably just forgot to add the stage 2 part.

Also, you would think that if they brought back "Team Galactic" pokemon, there would be some kind of special distinction. We don't see any here.

Derp, that's awkward. Chandelure as a basic doesn't feel right.

It would be interesting new mechanic though, I look forward to other cards that make use of this. This Chandelure is terrible though. 40 for one isn't exactly special and 70 for 3 is just horrendous for an EX.

Neat, so a non-Legendary EX. Perhaps this'll mean the odds of getting an Arceus-EX are more slim, but it's a nice change at the very least. (The artwork isn't half-bad either.)

Welp. Looks like they're running out of the Legendaries...

dmaster out.

Why would they introduce a new mechanic in the last set of a generation? Despite it being quite underpowered, I really can't see this actually being a basic.

Someone please tell me that Gold Remover is an ACE SPEC... We do NOT need this in our game right now.

Blah said:
Derp, that's awkward. Chandelure as a basic doesn't feel right.

It would be interesting new mechanic though, I look forward to other cards that make use of this. This Chandelure is terrible though. 40 for one isn't exactly special and 70 for 3 is just horrendous for an EX.

Imagine if it were a Stage 2! :p

I think this pretty much confirms we'll never see Suicune EX now that they're using normal Pokémon.

Those trainers O_____O

Gold Remover is clearly an ACE SPEC, it would be stupidly overpowered if it wasn't.

Mysterious Pendant seems insanely broken. It basically makes something with 90hp or less invincible. Either mistranslated or someone wasn't thinking when they made it. It would basically force every deck in the game to run Tool Scrapper because you would never be able to kill the thing.

If Desert Resort isn't an ACE SPEC, that could be pretty interesting. 1 damage adds up fast, the issue is playing against opposing fighting decks.

Same with Decolora, although the no special condition thing is AWESOME. Due to the OHKO nature of the format I'm not sure how much healing 1 damage is going to matter, but if the format ever slows down it could be decent. It unfortunately doesn't really work in Blastoise because that needs Tropical Beach to function.

Keldeo/blastoise decks are going to have a lot more fun

I hope they will still bring new legend pokemon like arceus even if not as ex pokemon. Actually it will be much better

That Chandelure just baffles me. It's a Basic instead of a Stage 2, it's a non-legendary EX in the B&W era, and to top it all off, it's nearly a reprint of the Chandelure from Noble Victories.
60-chandelure.jpg

EX Battle Boost IS mostly a reprint set. Are they going to "reprint" more Stage 2's into Basic EX's? (If so, the EX count in this set will be even crazier.)

I definitely like Chandelure EX, though!

>all basic Pokemon-EX
>finally get one that isn't basic
>it sucks

Keep trolling, TPCI

So happy that darkrai EX is being reprinted >_< I'm not ready to give up playing the deck yet and I have been paranoid that Dark Explorers would get rotated out and it would be gone. Interesting to see what EX's will come out, they were eventually going to run out of legend pokemon to print as EX's

Hopefully this means Kingdra EX ;) and Gengar EX wouldn't be to shabby either.

Back