(1) 'Best Wishes' Previews Show Exciting Changes to the Animé [8/26]

Actually i was talking about ash's body structure change i swear that his arms have change maybe more muscles and he is taller and he has different eyes.

I just really want to see him and his rival fight so i can can see Pikachu
get SLAMED! into the wall lol That still looked cool but see pikachu getting hurt is like getting hurt yourself lol. When i see him get hurt badly i just want to say"You can do it!!!" lolll XD

~Blastoise91~

Dances with Ninjas said:
Let me summarize this topic for anybody who just skipped to this page:
"Pokemon is getting so stale/boring/terrible. They keep doing the same thing over and over again." - Guy 1
"Wouldn't it be cool if they did something different?" - Guy 2
"WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! THAT'S THE WORST IDEA EVER!" - Guy 1

LOL! TRUE!
+OVER 9000!!

The anime looks incredible,but i will take some time to get used to the new look that ash will have

You guys act like the anime was good in the past. It wasn't. The only difference between the old anime and the new anime, in my eyes, are characters and length.

....ohh heil nahh!! {R}

Playerking95 said:
Actually i was talking about ash's body structure change i swear that his arms have change maybe more muscles and he is taller and he has different eyes.

the character sheet show him the same as ever, believe me ash CAN't grow up, but the really bad thing for me, is that Iris is the same height as ash T-T,
may was the best, she was the only girl shorter than Ash ...

I am sure 100% that misty will look like this in BW....
picture.php

alypkm said:
I am sure 100% that misty will look like this in BW....
picture.php

LMAO! Oh my gosh, I just bursted out laughing so hard, that was so unexpected!

It's just as funny as:
yujry.jpg

Where is Mijumaru's shell? It still looks ready for war :)

Still, I hope Ash gets more mature this season, or I will still hate him.

Ash looks like he just lost 4 years, not including the years he was already supposed to of grown. I doubt he'll be gaining any maturity with those eyes. I suppose we can't completely blame the makers. They are a business, they care about the little kids who will buy the toys and wake up every morning to watch the new episodes, and what will entertain them the most. Most of us thought Bakugan was stupid, right? Little kids went crazy over them, making it extremely popular. An alternate anime for the older audience would be nice, but I doubt that would happen, as they wouldn't risk spending all the time and money on an alternate anime if it isn't going to get profitable attention.

like the changes. i wish there was a more teen/adult show to. not with violence or anything to adult but more like the manga and tell tales of the games trainers. i want to see the pokedex holders in action and villains more evil like archie. manga as a show would be sweet but im happy with the new stuff.

The main issue with the anime is and will always be the fact that they tried to gear it specifically towards very young children, and in doing so they made the plot and characters flat.

- They took out all references to anything Japanese and almost all references to anything spiritual since apparently any child outside Japan is appalled by references to other cultures (which is a big part of what makes other anime so interesting).

- Emotions were toned down completely so that all of the characters have this annoying happy-go-lucky attitude about them, since apparently young children cannot handle any form of emotion. Ash and Misty had a thing going on, but after she left (heck, after the first season) there was no more love except for Brock's sexual harassment of women.

- Any and all humor became limited to slapstick, since apparently any other type of humor is inappropriate for kids. Even then, they pretty much got rid of "hammerspace" since I'm guessing they thought it was too violent. I can't remember the last time James dressed up as a woman, either.

- They also, for some unknown reason, decided to get rid of all of Ash's trademark poses, and made him less stubborn and impulsive which detracted from his personality. And I know this doesn't apply to Japan, but another blow to the English version of the anime was the loss of the original voices who were much better in my opinion.

I don't think they ever realized that it IS possible to have a kid-friendly anime that isn't boring. The first season of the anime was perfectly fine if you ask me. I go back and watch old episodes occasionally and I still enjoy them. I'm sure nostalgia plays a part, but it's also because they were just...better.

One thing I do have to give them props for, though, is working on giving each of the main characters' pokemon a personality. In the early episodes you had stuff like Onix, Goldeen, Geodude, and Staryu, who were just there.

PokéMontage said:
The main issue with the anime is and will always be the fact that they tried to gear it specifically towards very young children, and in doing so they made the plot and characters flat.

What I mean is that they took out all references to anything Japanese and almost all references to anything spiritual since apparently any child outside Japan is appalled by references to other cultures (which is a big part of what makes other anime so interesting).

Emotions were toned down completely so that all of the characters have this annoyingly happy-go-lucky attitude about them, since apparently young children cannot handle any form of emotion.

Any and all humor became limited to slapstick, since apparently any other type of humor is inappropriate for kids.

I don't think they ever realized that it IS possible to have a kid-friendly anime that isn't boring.
Offtopic: Pokemontage i love your avatar and the message above it isn't it hakuna matata or are you just playing it off kakuna the Pokemon? Ontopic: Only humor is slapstick? Team rockets joke and brock's flirting says hi but yeah it will always be a kids show.

PokéMontage said:
I don't think they ever realized that it IS possible to have a kid-friendly anime that isn't boring. The first season of the anime was perfectly fine if you ask me. I go back and watch old episodes occasionally and I still enjoy them. I'm sure nostalgia plays a part, but it's also because they were just...better.

*coughAvatarcough* Technically Avatar is anime if you go by the Japanese meaning of the word, which is simply any sort of animation. Hence the word anime.

And I act like I hate the anime. I don't....at least, not the Kanto-Johto era. I find it more entertaining, simply because I like the voices better and they're a part of my childhood. The rest...basically, I already ranted about why it sucks.

Playerking95 said:
Offtopic: Pokemontage i love your avatar and the message above it isn't it hakuna matata or are you just playing it off kakuna the Pokemon? Ontopic: Only humor is slapstick? Team rockets joke and brock's flirting says hi but yeah it will always be a kids show.

haha thanks, and yes, I purposely used Kakuna in place of Hakuna.

As for Brock's flirting, I would count that as slapstick since the whole point is for somebody to punch him and drag him away. It was funny for the first season when Misty used to pull him by the ear, but now it's just repetitive. They overused it.

As for Team Rocket, they got repetitive as well. Jesse also never really smacks James around anymore, and cross-dressing has become very rare. Their weapons have been limited to giant robots whereas they used to use things like rockets and bazookas. Heck, when was the last time they even traveled by ocean (remember the magikarp submarine?) They also used to be threatening, but now they're just there to act silly.

vaporchu8 said:
*coughAvatarcough* Technically Avatar is anime if you go by the Japanese meaning of the word, which is simply any sort of animation. Hence the word anime.

If you are referring to Avatar: The Last Airbender, then yes, that was a kid-friendly yet fairly entertaining anime. It had a good balance.

But I'm talking specifically about Japanese anime, which tend to have more complex plots with many characters, lots of references to Japanese culture, spirituality, violence, actual weapons, and typically more mature humor. The first season of Pokemon was the closest they ever got to actually having a middle-ground between that and the overly kid-friendly stuff that they have now.

....Actually, that gives me a thought - Avatar is what the Pokemon anime wishes it could be.

1. look, it's really bad thing to change eye of the characters, because the eyes are the MAIN part of the face, it holds all the feelings, yet it's not bad,and it appears that the animators are still not accustomed with the new eyes, some times ash's eyes become thin ( as in my avatar) and some times they are big.

talking about making all the characters like the one in the game, I am afraid that each time ken comes with new eye design we will see a new ash!!, if they really make brock like the one in HG SS, I will cry this was the MOST AWESOME brock ever!!!

Back