(1) 'Best Wishes' Previews Show Exciting Changes to the Animé [8/26]

The anime isn't just getting more childish, it's getting worse. Ash looks like hes 9 or 8. The eyes make him look horrible. Also, there is a reason for some of these updates. Better quality to go with the rest of the series updated form. Also, they're not lieing to thereselves. Thats there own opinion. They don't need to make it up to seem like everyone else on the fourm.

Vaporchu your post is spot on. The original series was ruined for me as soon as they introduced Jigglypuff and what I like to term the "lazy writer ending". Aerodactyl has abducted Ash, and Charmeleon evolves into Charizard and flies after them! Is he doing it to save Ash? No, he just wants to battle Aerodactyl! Omigosh, this is so exciting! *anticipates climatic battle with some character development between ash and charizard*

....what. Jigglypuff put everyone to sleep and all is well....ok....*gets tempted to never watch series again* But unfortunately I did, and I had to watch Jigglypuff be the ending for several more eps. It's so horrible. Attack of the prehistoric Pokemon marked the decline of the series for me personally, and that was only 46 eps in. JIGGLYPUFF SHOULD HAVE BEEN A ONE TIME CHARACTER.

Then the Johto Journeys began and started the forumla that would last practically the rest of the series:

-Ash finds a new Pokemon
-Ash tries to catch Pokemon, but is stopped by it's owner, usually a girl who Brock fawns over
-Random subplot involving the new Pokemon's abilities
-Team Rocket enters and tries to steal the new Pokemon and Pikachu
-Team Rocket is defeated by Pikachu and the new Pokemon

Repeat ad nauseum.

Yeah, I stopped watching Johto Journeys about halfway through and never bothered with the anime again, aside from random episodes here and there that featured my favorites.

But as I said, I actually have high hopes for this new series!

Ugh, was Team Rocket REALLY featured in the promo art? Please say it isn't so. Unless, you know, they decide to use the characters of Jessie, James and Meowth as actual characters, and not generic boring filler villains! I noticed Jessie was participating in contests in the D/P saga, that was at least a step in the right direction.

I stopped watching the anime ever since the humor turned childish and corny. I miss the hidden adult humor in the original series.
Even though I have noticed that this new anime doesn't look as... lame. :x I'll probably only watch one episode and be done with it, anyways. But really, what's up with Ash's eyes? Something about them look very different to me... The color, or his eyebrows. =/

the design of the eyes was changed,this is the same eye design sugimori used since pokemon fire red,with all the characters,and in the anime with the game characters and now with ash.
now I get it they are trying to make the anime very similar to the game look.
FireRed_LeafGreen_Professor_Oak.png
OkidoBW.png

and ash is having the same his as game characters I exact that all other characters will be the same.

Why does Dento's hair look so stupid in the Anime? The Ken Sugimori artwork looks a bajillion times better with the spiky hair.

PokéMontage said:
It's not that the writers aren't talented or are incapable of handling a plot. It's just that Pokemon is geared towards a very young audience and they know they can get away with things that other anime can't get away with. It's not a very complex anime, and most of their target audience continually grows older and is replaced with another group of young fans, so they can be a bit more "lazy."

I think it's more of them giving up. They know in another 4 years, the next generation is going to come out, and they'll have to reset Ash in a new region with a story that doesn't have much room to change (8 badges, some rival guy, Elite 4 stomps Ash, etc.), which leads to them getting lazy. If they wanted to tell a good story, each region would have a new protagonist which would allow unique, conclusive plots with some cameos here and there, but it's only purpose is to sell toys and games to kids. It would be marketing suicide to give Ash the boot considering how much they've milked him and how much people love repetition, not to mention there's probably a warehouse full of merchandise with Ash plastered on it from 1998 that they're still trying to get rid of. Also, like you said, it's not like the kids (money) will know the difference since they rotate out with every other generation.

I would love to see a reboot of the series in the future that actually has a plot that can reach some sort of conclusion, but that audience has a bit of growing to do before it can come close to competing with the kids who can force their parents to empty their wallets for cards, games, toys, etc. because they saw some cheap show on TV with a kid who has a yellow mouse. Maybe Nintendo will find some way to wreck the franchise and desperately need a reboot to at least get the nostalgic crowd back, but that's wishful thinking for now.

Also, one question: Does Ash still cry when he loses at the * League, or is the show totally devoid of emotion besides group laughter and POWAR OF FRIENDSHIP now?

Dances with Ninjas said:
Why does Dento's hair look so stupid in the Anime? The Ken Sugimori artwork looks a bajillion times better with the spiky hair.

I think it's more of them giving up. They know in another 4 years, the next generation is going to come out, and they'll have to reset Ash in a new region with a story that doesn't have much room to change (8 badges, some rival guy, Elite 4 stomps Ash, etc.), which leads to them getting lazy. If they wanted to tell a good story, each region would have a new protagonist which would allow unique, conclusive plots with some cameos here and there, but it's only purpose is to sell toys and games to kids. It would be marketing suicide to give Ash the boot considering how much they've milked him and how much people love repetition, not to mention there's probably a warehouse full of merchandise with Ash plastered on it from 1998 that they're still trying to get rid of. Also, like you said, it's not like the kids (money) will know the difference since they rotate out with every other generation.

I would love to see a reboot of the series in the future that actually has a plot that can reach some sort of conclusion, but that audience has a bit of growing to do before it can come close to competing with the kids who can force their parents to empty their wallets for cards, games, toys, etc. because they saw some cheap show on TV with a kid who has a yellow mouse. Maybe Nintendo will find some way to wreck the franchise and desperately need a reboot to at least get the nostalgic crowd back, but that's wishful thinking for now.

Also, one question: Does Ash still cry when he loses at the * League, or is the show totally devoid of emotion besides group laughter and POWAR OF FRIENDSHIP now?
no ash DON"T cry now it's a usual thing to lose in leagues,he even get happy when they trainer who defeat him won the league.

changing the protagonist IS THE MOST STUPID IDEA THAT RUIN ANY ANIME, this can happen in the manga but will can never happen in the anime.

alypkm said:
huh?!?? that's not MORE DETAILS it's change in design !!

1. WTH?? Are you actually honestly thinking that we're all lying to us self?? Omg...

2. What does ages have to do with wishing a good journey to someone? ._.

1.yea your lying, isn't the anime getting childish? isn't the background looks bad? isn't the new prof oak looks so different only similarity in the colors ? isn't the new jenny looks bad? isn't ash have a change in eye design and not a more detailss?? tell me what's the defferent in changing ash's design and changing the main character ?? in both cases there is no old ash, we will never gonna see any flash backs in the intro of the movies because the characters are not the same, isn't thats right?? isn't the animator is confused some time ash's eyes return to the old thin eye and then back to the new (check the trailers), I don't say new ash is bad, but there is no reason for new prof oak.
it's the same thing happen to jasmine.
Jasmine_anime.png
Jasmine_DP180.png

people who don't know pokemon well had never realize the difference, this is not the same one, she doesn't only have a change in design, she have a new face, brown eyes instead of blue and different face shape.

my problem with you is that I am saying the weak points in pokemon,not acting as a stupid saying awesome on every thing, thats because I care about the anime more than you.

2.ok I don't mean to replay to this comment it comes wrong here, there was a guy asking if they had grown up and this is four years before dp
[/quote]

Don't you think you act a little too harsh?"I care about the anime more than you"

Ontopic:I don't get you guys... o_O The anime isn't getting childish or worse.You just say its childish because you think Ash eyes make him look 8 or 9.You just say its worse because of new additions/stuff that is removed.Personally,I think the anime is great so far,and isn't worse nor childish.And besides just because most anime is of "action",it doesn't mean it shouldn't have childish moments,because most shows have those. :/

alypkm said:
no ash DON"T cry now it's a usual thing to lose in leagues,he even get happy when they trainer who defeat him won the league.

changing the protagonist IS THE MOST STUPID IDEA THAT RUIN ANY ANIME, this can happen in the manga but will can never happen in the anime.
Are you saying its wrong and weird to wish the winner congratulation?? Omg... isn't that the most normal thing to do in a battle? If he started crying, it would show how childish(unmature he is, something people actually are saying Ash is getting more into. Didn't people knew that just because a person is short and might not look too mature, they can still be old...? Like my sister... shes 19 years but is only around 155cm :b

Espeonrox if you're talking about the poster with the many different generation 5 Pokemon on it then Mijumaru holding it.I thought the same thing. Rant starts in 3, 2, 1. Now look some of you are saying than the anime is now getting childish it's always been that why? Because it's a kids show for wait for it...kids. I still watch it and i'm 15, i can tell you something truthful, you guys stopped watching at some points well guess what, i never stopped watching it (Maybe i didn't watch every johto episode i'm not sure and my friends don't even thought i watch the show) because i never really cared a story-line was a a stroyline to me and the kids watching would not give a hoot about filler episodes. They and me just want to see Pokemon battles and the show in general. I mean i've watched the show since the first episode and sure there are some boring episodes that i have never really cared for but a Pokemon episode is a Pokemon episode.

Now don't get me wrong i'm not saying you should watch the show no matter what but i'm saying some people are different that's what makes us unique. And Pokemon will always be here to entertain kids and sell there products but until i think the episodes are getting repetitive i might not watch it. A kids show is a kids show the only way ash looks younger is because of the eyes but for some reason that, his arms and his height make him look older.

I think they are slightly changing the main character to give a new body look after what 600 and so episodes, but they are counter acting it buy giving hims childish, and may i say completely awesome new clothes especially those shoes. So that the people that have seen it from the beginning wont be going oh my gosh he's older now. And finally the graphics yes they do look awesome and every season it will improves just like the story line and i really want the new plots in the show to be amzing so people wont complain.

Also it's cute how Mijumaru says, Miju, Miju, Pokabu says, Poka, and Tsutaja says, Ta.

Mucrush said:
Are you saying its wrong and weird to wish the winner congratulation?? Omg... isn't that the most normal thing to do in a battle? If he started crying, it would show how childish(unmature he is, something people actually are saying Ash is getting more into. Didn't people knew that just because a person is short and might not look too mature, they can still be old...? Like my sister... shes 19 years but is only around 155cm :b

I don't understand what you mean !!?? crying is not only for kids, I am 18 yo, if I were ash I think I may cry ,I had wast 4 years of hard working and then I simply fail to do what I want, and that's not the problem,the problem is that ash lose everytime.

alypkm said:
maybe because I am the only one saying the truth,the only one who is not lieing on him self,the only one who lobe pokemon.

I'm sorry, but this mindset really reminds me of this:
rpg_world_complaining_fan.jpg

Gleafeon said:
1.yea your lying, isn't the anime getting childish? isn't the background looks bad? isn't the new prof oak looks so different only similarity in the colors ? isn't the new jenny looks bad? isn't ash have a change in eye design and not a more detailss?? tell me what's the defferent in changing ash's design and changing the main character ?? in both cases there is no old ash, we will never gonna see any flash backs in the intro of the movies because the characters are not the same, isn't thats right?? isn't the animator is confused some time ash's eyes return to the old thin eye and then back to the new (check the trailers), I don't say new ash is bad, but there is no reason for new prof oak.
it's the same thing happen to jasmine.
Jasmine_anime.png
Jasmine_DP180.png

people who don't know pokemon well had never realize the difference, this is not the same one, she doesn't only have a change in design, she have a new face, brown eyes instead of blue and different face shape.

my problem with you is that I am saying the weak points in pokemon,not acting as a stupid saying awesome on every thing, thats because I care about the anime more than you.

2.ok I don't mean to replay to this comment it comes wrong here, there was a guy asking if they had grown up and this is four years before dp

Don't you think you act a little too harsh?"I care about the anime more than you"

Ontopic:I don't get you guys... o_O The anime isn't getting childish or worse.You just say its childish because you think Ash eyes make him look 8 or 9.You just say its worse because of new additions/stuff that is removed.Personally,I think the anime is great so far,and isn't worse nor childish.And besides just because most anime is of "action",it doesn't mean it shouldn't have childish moments,because most shows have those. :/
[/quote]

1.no I am not acting harsh,why when I say my opinion on the anime you say "you hate pokemon", and when it appears that I am right You say "you act too harsh"!!
what you want?? you wanna me to say the anime is fking awesome, he is not, not that much, still there is many weak points, and I had said that the bw looks awesome,personally, I going to watch it,but this doesn't mean that I must be blind on bad things in the anime.

lotusoftheleaf said:
I'm sorry, but this mindset really reminds me of this:
rpg_world_complaining_fan.jpg

Agreed.
Many people say they LOVE Pokemon and they even a very insignificsnt detail ofPokemon stuff. (Of course,everything isn't perfect) But like I say,only true Pokemon fans like everything of Pokemon no matter what,like me.

I think the phrase is if you can't post something nice, don't post at all. Learn to respect people online.

dmaster out

Gleafeon said:
Im not attacking you.Im just telling you,so you don't act like that.And yes,we can say our opinion about the anime,but don't act like that.And im not here to fight either.So lets pretend that this never started and act normally,OK? :)
NOOOOOOOO !!!! :C

just kidding ;D, ok, I am sorry if I had said bAd words on you XD,
But must know that I love pokemon, read my posts well, read those in the few first pages, am not attacking pokemon, I had said that the trailers make me dieing to watch it, and I expect this is gonna be one of the BAST gen ever...

If you pause the video at 0:17 you can see Pikachu is battling Mamepato which means Ash will more than likely have it on his team. Thank God Ash wasn't replaced, but I don't really like his new eyes. They're too buggy and cartoonish.

EspeonROX said:
Where's the shell on Mijumaru's chest?

It's in its hand.

Wow i miss a couple hours of reading and i see people yelling over NOTHING lol i mean come on lol. Not that serious.

Anyway... I really like how they improve the moves and especialy on thunderbolt because i thougth it needed a upgrade. I like how they are getting back to their roots to. This WILL be a series i watch FULLY! XD

~Blastoise91~

Mucrush said:

He's 10-12 years old. He's not supposed to be mature. He's supposed to be a character the target audience (children) can relate to, and part of that is not correctly responding to every situation and needing some guidance. You know, having dimensions and personality? At this point, Ash only has two emotions: smiley face and battle face. You're not telling me that you have never been frustrated by a losing streak or just some guy who was a huge jerk about winning? Yes, being a good sport is always the best choice, but being human makes it difficult at times. Not every loss feels the same depending on how much is on the line unless you live in the Pokemon writing staff's fantasy land where everything is sunshine and lollipops.

Playerking95 said:
I think they are slightly changing the main character to give a new body look after what 600 and so episodes

Ash got a new outfit when he went to Hoenn, too. Contrary to what clothing commercials want you to think, a change of clothes is not equivalent to character development. He's still going to be the same soulless, happy-go-lucky husk of a potentially interesting character that he has always been since he left Kanto.

alypkm said:

If I remember correctly, the manga is the thing everybody goes on about being way better than the anime, and I doubt it's because of the lack of color.

Let me summarize this topic for anybody who just skipped to this page:
"Pokemon is getting so stale/boring/terrible. They keep doing the same thing over and over again." - Guy 1
"Wouldn't it be cool if they did something different?" - Guy 2
"WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! THAT'S THE WORST IDEA EVER!" - Guy 1

Back