(1) 'Best Wishes' Previews Show Exciting Changes to the Animé [8/26]

VPplaya said:
Maybe because you have only bad things to say...until someone asks you about it then you say something good >.>
maybe because I am the only one saying the truth,the only one who is not lieing on him self,the only one who lobe pokemon.

ShayminSky said:
Best Wishes-Black and White-Best Wishes, wishing someone a good adventure on a NEW journey?
they are the same time and the same age-_-...

I am really dissapointed.

1.) PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BRING BACK BROCK! PLEASE! PLEASE! No? -.-
2.) Ash's eyes --> What is this about?
3.) New Iron Tail...?

I don't like where is this going. Much, TOO MUCH changes. BW will lead Pokemon to the doom.

I started thinking the anime was pretty lame about halfway through the Johto saga, I quit watching it on a regular basis halfway through the Hoenn saga, and I stopped watching it altogether by the time D/P came around, but I might take a look at it again if they really are trying to make this a fresh start.

The animation style seems to have been improved with rich colors, more detail, and better quality drawing (and hopefully less of that cheesy, showy Flash-esque animation).

What I would like the most, however, is if they bring back some of the personality that was lost after the end of the Kanto saga when character development plateaued, the episodes became repetitive, too much forgettable filler, and everything seemed more childish in general. I know it's just Pokemon so I can't expect too much, but they should at least try to make it a teensy bit like other animes.

alypkm said:
maybe because I am the only one saying the truth,the only one who is not lieing on him self,the only one who lobe pokemon.

ShayminSky said:
Best Wishes-Black and White-Best Wishes, wishing someone a good adventure on a NEW journey?

1. WTH?? Are you actually honestly thinking that we're all lying to us self?? Omg...

2. What does ages have to do with wishing a good journey to someone? ._.

Playerking95 said:
I think Pikachu's iron tail could actually be a new attack

I doubt it. Pikachu's tail glowing a metallic silver as he slams it into the opponent? That's definitely iron tail.

Gouka-no-Goukazaru said:
1.) PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BRING BACK BROCK! PLEASE! PLEASE! No? -.-

Brock hasn't served a real purpose ever since he returned from his Orange Island absence (except for comic relief by getting mauled every time he drools over a girl, which got annoying after the 1 billionth time). It's about time he got replaced. His character is stale.

Playerking95 said:
But theres thunder and thunderbolt they both look similar it could be a iron tail or a new one like steel tail.

I really don't think they're getting that uncreative as to make yet another metallic tail-based attack, lol.

i gotta say, if there are less fillers, then that might mean team rocket wont be in EVERY SINGLE episode... that crap got old. it was so boring hoping that ash finally got to a gym, but then finding out it was just ANOTHER filler with team rocket. heck, somtimes when he did get to a gym, team rocket would be there... "to make everything BORING!"

Personally, I think too many of you guys are suffering from a combination of nostalgia and low expectations. Including WPM.

You guys act like the anime was good in the past. It wasn't. The only difference between the old anime and the new anime, in my eyes, are characters and length.

See, the anime had its chance to be good like, 12 years ago. It had a decent start, but started to drag on a bit once the writers got lazy. They rather quickly feel into the same formula that they use today. The characters, believe it or not, were actually going to have development beyond stated interests and sudden personality changes. Brock wasn't a running gag. TR was threatening. Misty tried to cover up her interest in Ash(romantic or otherwise, she had a reason besides the bike to travel with him) with her anger at him taking and frying her bike. Ash himself was arrogant and naive, but had a large heart.

But then they were, for lack of a better term, Flanderized. Brock quickly became the girl-chasing loser that's been stale for several years now. Misty became a bit of a jerk and nothing else, till they added Togepi and then she mellowed out(but did nothing but take care of Togepi at that point). Ash became a goody-two shoes that held the idiot ball a lot. TR just became there for....little reason than to be used as filler.

Interesting plots became dragged out or dropped altogether. Remember the GS Ball? The one they spent an entire season or two getting to Kurt and the whole point behind going to Johto and the Orange Islands? Yeah, guess what. Celebi was just given its own movie, so let's leave that thread hanging and hope the viewers won't catch on, despite building up the plot for a long time. Oh, and let's not forget Pidgeot.

Ash was originally supposed to win the Indigo League, to show how much his character had grown, but obviously there's a new game coming out. Oh boy, can't have him win the Indigo league, even though there's nothing specifically prohibiting him from traveling even as Champion. But he's too good now! Let's throw in a character at the last second to defeat him in a few episodes! This got to such a ridiculous point that in the lastest series, they introduced Takuto literally with no foreshadowing beforehand, and oh yeah he has two legendary Pokemon.

Obviously, these issues continued to snowball until we reached a point where the D/P series was dragged on for seemingly forever. Stale characters+stale plots+stale formulas+way too much filler. The only good thing that came out of D/P was Paul's subtle character development, that actually was a bit more believable than what we've seen in the past.

I honestly don't think that the current writers can handle a story very well. And we already have them falling back on familiar formulas. Dento? Yeah, that guy is the first Gym Leader. Iris? Ash meets her fairly early on and does something to get her angry(throw a Poke Ball at her head).

I'm not saying the anime doesn't have its moments, but each time it does have a good moment the fans are quick to praise the writers and say that this is a sign the anime is getting better. I could say more, but I'll just leave this here and say that at least the animation has been upgraded considerably. [/rant]

I totally agree with all your points, vaporchu8.

I love the new art style, we seriously needed one. We've had the same one since Johto, so it's awesome to see something new. However, the thing that blew me away was that Ash actually turns his cap. Yes, I do admit that nostalgia is all over me, but it's throwbacks like this I love. It's kind of like Super Mario Galaxy 2's Throwback Galaxy.

While I do admit it's because of nostalgia, I know that I'm not blinded by it. The first couple of seasons had a better structure and felt overall more solid. The characters were more energetic and funny. These are the reasons I dislike the animé nowadays, but I'm actually very interested in Black & White/Best Wishes. I just hope the series will return to the same charm it once had.

I agree with quite a bit of what you said, vaporchu, but I just want to say a couple things

I honestly don't think that the current writers can handle a story very well.

It's not that the writers aren't talented or are incapable of handling a plot. It's just that Pokemon is geared towards a very young audience and they know they can get away with things that other anime can't get away with. It's not a very complex anime, and most of their target audience continually grows older and is replaced with another group of young fans, so they can be a bit more "lazy."

Dento? Yeah, that guy is the first Gym Leader. Iris? Ash meets her fairly early on and does something to get her angry(throw a Poke Ball at her head).

This was obviously intentional. The thing about B/W is that they've made it quite clear that they want it to seem as if things are starting over, so why should the anime be any different?

Zalman said:
While I do admit it's because of nostalgia, I know that I'm not blinded by it. The first couple of seasons had a better structure and felt overall more solid. The characters were more energetic and funny. These are the reasons I dislike the animé nowadays, but I'm actually very interested in Black & White/Best Wishes. I just hope the series will return to the same charm it once had.

Very well said Zalman.

Its funny considering that this series will be all different from the Last generation.... i still kinda hate about Ash lose to Takuto, oh why must Ash loses all the time at the Conference, always something block in his way... and you know what that happens when...
-------
Spoiler!
When brock is around... remember the orange saga... Brock isnt around....
-------
anyway, i kinda look into this series, its great they got something all new to this series, i kinda hate it when we always stuck to something old, if that always happen the people will become neophobic, i could see there's many people hate DP series, because of no MIsty, or it isnt funny, or The first season is funnier... if this keeps up, im sure they gonna be a neophobe... we must use everything that is brand new.... even though Ash and Pikachu doesnt change...

I'm glad they got rid of Hikari/Dawn. She didn't let Piplup evolve :mad:
Quite like Ash's "new" eyes. It looks more grown up. Maybe this is set some time in the future? (I don't exactly keep up with the anime, so I could be wrong about everything!)

@Biscuitvega: It only says "ミジュ!” (Miju!)

Oh my, how about team rocket???? Are they still gonna annoy Ash??? Or maybe a new one?? Or maybe no team rocket, since it said to be fastpaced???

Los_t_Life said:
Oh my, how about team rocket???? Are they still gonna annoy Ash??? Or maybe a new one?? Or maybe no team rocket, since it said to be fastpaced?

We already saw them on the concept art, so they will be there too :b

WTF!?? that's not MORE DETAILS it's change in design !!

Mucrush said:

1. WTH?? Are you actually honestly thinking that we're all lying to us self?? Omg...

2. What does ages have to do with wishing a good journey to someone? ._.
[/quote]

1.yea your lying, isn't the anime getting childish? isn't the background looks bad? isn't the new prof oak looks so different only similarity in the colors ? isn't the new jenny looks bad? isn't ash have a change in eye design and not a more detailss?? tell me what's the defferent in changing ash's design and changing the main character ?? in both cases there is no old ash, we will never gonna see any flash backs in the intro of the movies because the characters are not the same, isn't thats right?? isn't the animator is confused some time ash's eyes return to the old thin eye and then back to the new (check the trailers), I don't say new ash is bad, but there is no reason for new prof oak.
it's the same thing happen to jasmine.
Jasmine_anime.png
Jasmine_DP180.png

people who don't know pokemon well had never realize the difference, this is not the same one, she doesn't only have a change in design, she have a new face, brown eyes instead of blue and different face shape.

my problem with you is that I am saying the weak points in pokemon,not acting as a stupid saying awesome on every thing, thats because I care about the anime more than you.

2.ok I don't mean to replay to this comment it comes wrong here, there was a guy asking if they had grown up and this is four years before dp

Back