(1) 'Best Wishes' Previews Show Exciting Changes to the Animé [8/26]

LOL at Brock never getting a successful date XD. I never really watched the anime. I've probably seen no more than 10 episodes, but from what I've seen from these previews, this may be more interesting! Too bad I'm too old to be watching Pokemon cartoons :(; if only they did this 5 years ago >:[

Timeshift said:
LOL at Brock never getting a successful date XD. I never really watched the anime. I've probably seen no more than 10 episodes, but from what I've seen from these previews, this may be more interesting! Too bad I'm too old to be watching Pokemon cartoons :(; if only they did this 5 years ago >:[

LOL how old is too old for you, Im 25 and watch anime, besides this season looks way good to miss if expectations are met. Besides that, my dad who's in his late 40's loves watching the airbender, among other cartoons XD

My gen and those after will be watching toons and playing vid games well into their 50 and over (or so long as age related diseases don't get in the way lol, loss of sights, hearing etc hahahha) XD

Just so ya know, pikachu used iron tail on a mamepato, and ash caught something in the same background, so its basically confirmend ash gets mamepato and mijumaru.(on the screen with all the pictures smushed together its fighting dentos yanappa.)
and in that same picture, was that shell blade? it looked epic.

RangerX said:
Its about time the changed the Anime i stoped watching it around the end of the johto Season.Now i will start watching it again,my japanese is not great but i start watching it in japanese.:D

Same here, except I stopped watching like halfway through the Johto season and then just gave up.

This new info about the anime and the better quality animation certainly has my hopes up. Just as long as they don't bring back Team Rocket for the same old boring pathetic Pokemon capturing bit, in which case I will lose interest. Ugh. I love Jessie, James and Meowth as characters, but not as reocurring villians with the exact same agenda for several hundred episodes and 12 different seasons.

lotusoftheleaf said:
To be honest, the only reason I used to watch the anime was just to see my favorite Pokémon moving around and battling in full animation. Other than that, it was pretty boring. Wandering around to get to another town might be exciting in the games, but it's not so fun to watch a cartoon about that.

I'm looking forward to seeing Best Wishes, but only if I can find subbed episodes online. I can't stand the dubbed voices.

Yeah, that was (and still is) my only reason for watching the anime as well. Except the first season, which was actually good up until they added Jigglycrap and the "lazy writer ending". Ruined several otherwise good eps such as Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon and The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis.

I'm gonna be watching the Japanese version too. First of all I can't wait until the English version, and secondly, yeah, the English voices (especially the Pokemon voices) are terrible now. Since all I really care about is the battles anyways, I'll even watch it raw if I have to. I have 0 patience with B/W stuff, I need it all ASAP O.O

Man! The animators made a great job on Iron Tail! I never really liked how Pikachu's tail just glew white.

OH GOD DENTO
He's so fabulous. I now have a reason to watch ALL the episodes. Hnnnng.

Also: Mijumaru's voice is SO CUTE. Holy SO CUTE.

I just...
This is amazing. You can tell they put effort into this.

1.ash's eyes looks strange,since sugimori begin to draw this eyes I was afraid that this might hit ash too and it did,having a change in design is a bad idea especially for anime like pokemon,more than 10 years and we used to see ash in his ordinary form,ok it's not bad,but it appears that the animators sometimes return to the old thin eyes.0_o(look at the trailers and compare before replying)I don't feel that this is ash !!any way it's gOOOOOOOD

2.ASH IS NOT THE ONLY CHARACTER TO HAVE CHANGE IN DESIGN!!!look at prof.oak,I don't know if you have seen this but he looks fAT!!
chara_img06.gif

now I am sure that the new officer and nurse are nothing but new joy and jenny,the only thing that makes me unsure was their eyes!!

3.once I saw new ash I felt angry and disappointed,I said why they are doing this with the anime,I will never watch it,after I watched the trailer I felt as if I am watching the first season,now I am dieing to see it,I can't believe that I have to wait half a year to watch the eng dub!!,new animation is AWESOME!!!!!!,I guess this will be one of the best pokemon gen. ever,(I am still disappointed about the background).

all I wish now is that ash get a FULL UPGRADE,and leave the idealistic silly personality,and return to the old ash..

Seeing Ash since pokémon first aired on TV, i think it's a little wierd the change they made, but the people who grew with pokemon have become to old to watch so they have to inovate, make room for the next gen. of pokemaniacs like us...I think

Um... Professor Oak's always looked like that...

And if you think about it, now's the perfect time to update Ash's looks, now that he's getting new clothes to match. Bear in mind also that the improved graphics will make the little details even nicer.

Also, re the above, I like all the homages to the original series in the is new Ash. The new hat is almost identical to his original in terms of colour and design, just a blue Pokéball as opposed to a green tick. Also, he'll wear this back to front at some point. And it's not in the posted video, but we see Ash using the baseball-pitch throw that he hasn't used since the early days.

Irishkappa208 said:
Seeing Ash since pokémon first aired on TV, i think it's a little wierd the change they made, but the people who grew with pokemon have become to old to watch so they have to inovate, make room for the next gen. of pokemaniacs like us...I think

I used to watch pokemon since the first episode and now I am only 18 and I still watch it,I don't feel that this is ash till now,this made a new ash and old ash,when you continue watching the dp series you will feel that's not Ash !!

lol ash finally looks like a teen and not a ten year old (after 13 years of anime hes gotten older):)

Im not sure if its all the squares in the background the poses or the city but it reminds me of digimon(no im not saying their copying or anything I hate it when they say that)
Anyway im loving this update to I might actually follow the show it really shows theyr trying.I love how Mijumaru keeps showing up with these cute faces but at the same time being all badgrass with his shell blade he will definetly be a great Piplup replacement I loved the little and thats cuz I didnt watch to many episodes.
Im really sad to hear Dawn leave I knew it happen but still although id hope she be replaced by someone...Well you know I wont judge Iris yet.I really want to know why though hopefully a better reason than Mays.As for Brock well this aint the first time and he was really just taking up space he didnt contribute much to the show at all.

YakobTheRed said:
Um... Professor Oak's always looked like that...

And if you think about it, now's the perfect time to update Ash's looks, now that he's getting new clothes to match. Bear in mind also that the improved graphics will make the little details even nicer.

Also, re the above, I like all the homages to the original series in the is new Ash. The new hat is almost identical to his original in terms of colour and design, just a blue Pokéball as opposed to a green tick. Also, he'll wear this back to front at some point. And it's not in the posted video, but we see Ash using the baseball-pitch throw that he hasn't used since the early days.

yea ok you see that this oak
chara_img06.gif

is similar to THAT oak right
Professor_Oak_animeart.png

FIRST OF ALL,the change in ash's eyes is not because "anime is getting more detailed" if you had watched the dp series you will find that barry,lucas and all these peaple have the same eyes.
SECOND,don't you see that new prof oak id FAT, talking about details,look at his mouth,and face, some crimps are missing !! so it's not the effect of the VERY DETAILed!!the face shape is different,that the game's oak not the anime

angelo1104 said:
lol ash finally looks like a teen and not a ten year old (after 13 years of anime hes gotten older):)

actually ash looks older in the first season, and big baby eyes make him look cutie!! more over and SAAADLY ash will never grow up -_-....

this is like what had happen in bayblade they are the same charaters but compeletly different. actually,changing characters design is a stupid idea now all old pokemon is gone.
this is the same as changing he main character no difference!!

( I know I'm a bit Off-Topic, but will Oha Suta will reveal new infos ? )

I don't understand why people don't like the New Ash. He has brown eyes since season 1... It's just hard to see it in DP series, they appear as black even with a zoom on his face... Now they are back to a clear brown and it's look beautiful IMO. It gives life to him.

[IX] said:
( I know I'm a bit Off-Topic, but will Oha Suta will reveal new infos ? )

I don't understand why people don't like the New Ash. He has brown eyes since season 1... It's just hard to see it in DP series, they appear as black even with a zoom on his face... Know they are back to a clear brown and it's look beautiful IMO. It gives life to him.

not because it's brown eyes, everyone now this but changing the shape of the characters in the 14 season is odD

Back