Full Metal Wall in February

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah but Red's card was just a promo, I meant as in the proper card game itself that's available to everyone. Would be cool to see it happen!

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
If the TRs didn't make it into Team Up, and as long as they are still in the A block, then I'm sorry, but no Ultra Ball English reprint here in either when it does get there... Hope for August! If not, bye-bye, Ultra Ball from next standard... :(

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
If the TRs didn't make it into Team Up, and as long as they are still in the A block, then I'm sorry, but no Ultra Ball English reprint here in either when it does get there... Hope for August! If not, bye-bye, Ultra Ball from next standard... :(
We are going to get the alternate arts as league promos

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
It's at least the third card that requires both players to play RPS, so not seeing why it's that surprising.
Wow, I didn't know there are older cards that do the same.
So my questions are:
1) What is the difference between doing this and flipping a coin?
2) What happens if there is a tie in RPS? Do they play again until there is a winner or is it simply counted as a tie?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Wow, I didn't know there are older cards that do the same.
So my questions are:
1) What is the difference between doing this and flipping a coin?
2) What happens if there is a tie in RPS? Do they play again until there is a winner or is it simply counted as a tie?
There’s actually a page in the rulebook for this.
You continue playing RPS until a winner can be decided.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
There hasn’t been a time in the entirety of BW or XY where Ultra Ball wasn’t in format. Plus, we do have a Shining Legends Ultra Ball reprint.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
There hasn’t been a time in the entirety of BW or XY where Ultra Ball wasn’t in format. Plus, we do have a Shining Legends Ultra Ball reprint.

Shining Legends is rotating out, though, presumably, no?

I have a *really* hard time imagining they won't reprint Ultra Ball in the next set, if not before Worlds as a promo (or in the May set despite all this), then in August right after Worlds... if not, then Mysterious Treasure makes Psychic (and Dragon) decks *way* too powerful, I'd think (as they'd be the only Pokémon you can search for discard).

I guess Pokémon Communication can ameliorate that some, but if you don't play Psychic or Dragon to first search out, you're very possibly going to be Pokémon-less to play the card.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
So why playing RPS instead of flipping a coin if the odds of winning are the same? Just to bypass Victini?
I suppose. It’s also a bit of spice to what would be otherwise an unremarkable card.
Shining Legends is rotating out, though, presumably, no?
True, but if they don’t, it works out. Shining Legends was the only set to have Ultra Ball be reprinted in it, so it would make sense to rotate SUM, GRI, and BUS so Ultra Ball stays in format.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
True, but if they don’t, it works out. Shining Legends was the only set to have Ultra Ball be reprinted in it, so it would make sense to rotate SUM, GRI, and BUS so Ultra Ball stays in format.

I... guess? But that would be rotating less than a year's worth, and in particular would leave Zoroark in Standard which, while not quite the meta-defining card it is in Expanded, still seems like a bit much. And would leave CRI in, which is also pretty interesting itself (hi, Buzzwole GX...)

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Cute, and viable in decks without much of a draw engine.
Now, I like Pokémon’s subtle attempts to change the meta game in form of more “bland” Pokémon (e.g. non GX’s with no abilities), but honestly it’s better to play Tapu Lele GX than this card. After rotation, however, Lost March won’t have much trouble pulling off some Green’s Search for a sick double Great Ball play.

Ya know what, let’s compromise.

Teal’s Search.