Full Metal Wall in February

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Aera14 Aspiring Trainer
    Aera14

I was thinking for Metal Core Barrier that Genesect-GX could have some fun with it two of them attached make his hp 320 tage team lv hp.

2. Victorsaurus Aspiring Trainer
    Victorsaurus

Green in Smash Bros. Ultimate, in a new ArtFX J figure by Kotobukiya, in Let's Go, a character that looks like her in the Sun/Moon games and now here. I'm happy that she is appearing more nowadays.

3. Victorsaurus Aspiring Trainer
    Victorsaurus

Red appears in a Japanese Pikachu card.

bbb888 likes this.
  4. Kashvinder Mann Aspiring Trainer
    Kashvinder Mann

Yeah but Red's card was just a promo, I meant as in the proper card game itself that's available to everyone. Would be cool to see it happen!

Lord Goomy likes this.
  5. cardgjammer Aspiring Trainer
    cardgjammer

If the TRs didn't make it into Team Up, and as long as they are still in the A block, then I'm sorry, but no Ultra Ball English reprint here in either when it does get there... Hope for August! If not, bye-bye, Ultra Ball from next standard... :(

6. TheAquaPiplup I have been playing Glaceon-GX for way too long
    TheAquaPiplup

We are going to get the alternate arts as league promos

Lord Goomy likes this.
  7. RiverShock Aspiring Trainer
    RiverShock

It's at least the third card that requires both players to play RPS, so not seeing why it's that surprising.

8. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

SIDENOTE: Rock-Paper-Scissor actually happened at the World's where Mr. Jason plays Team Galactic's Wager

9. Mariano11887 Goalkeeper
    Mariano11887

Wow, I didn't know there are older cards that do the same.
    So my questions are:
    1) What is the difference between doing this and flipping a coin?
    2) What happens if there is a tie in RPS? Do they play again until there is a winner or is it simply counted as a tie?

10. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

There’s actually a page in the rulebook for this.
    You continue playing RPS until a winner can be decided.

11. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

There hasn’t been a time in the entirety of BW or XY where Ultra Ball wasn’t in format. Plus, we do have a Shining Legends Ultra Ball reprint.

12. Mariano11887 Goalkeeper
    Mariano11887

So why playing RPS instead of flipping a coin if the odds of winning are the same? Just to bypass Victini?

13. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

Shining Legends is rotating out, though, presumably, no?

I have a *really* hard time imagining they won't reprint Ultra Ball in the next set, if not before Worlds as a promo (or in the May set despite all this), then in August right after Worlds... if not, then Mysterious Treasure makes Psychic (and Dragon) decks *way* too powerful, I'd think (as they'd be the only Pokémon you can search for discard).

I guess Pokémon Communication can ameliorate that some, but if you don't play Psychic or Dragon to first search out, you're very possibly going to be Pokémon-less to play the card.

14. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

I suppose. It’s also a bit of spice to what would be otherwise an unremarkable card.
    True, but if they don’t, it works out. Shining Legends was the only set to have Ultra Ball be reprinted in it, so it would make sense to rotate SUM, GRI, and BUS so Ultra Ball stays in format.

15. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

I... guess? But that would be rotating less than a year's worth, and in particular would leave Zoroark in Standard which, while not quite the meta-defining card it is in Expanded, still seems like a bit much. And would leave CRI in, which is also pretty interesting itself (hi, Buzzwole GX...)

Lord Goomy likes this.
  16. thembert Aspiring Trainer
    thembert

Great new artwork on the trainer reprints! Hope we get some holo ones in English

17. Liked the Green's Search! Maybe in future expansions one Red or Blue card?

18. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

19. Nyan Staring into space again...
    Nyan

Chat Room Staff Member

That art is AMAZING!

20. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

I guarantee you, that card will look a thousand times better with the FA texture and shine on there.
    Can't wait!

Starsoulklr and Lord Goomy like this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?