Full Metal Wall in February

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
Is it quite a bit of coding just for this one silly attack lol. Poor PTCGO coders.

I suppose if they didn't implement it, it could just be a flip a coin attack.
It'll likely be changed to a flip. Japan usually does this. I believe they R-P-S instead of flipping in the beginning. First Ticket also referenced R-P-S in Japan, but not in the West

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Ok wow some interesting cards were revealed.

With that Caterpie and Metapod, that Butterfree looks just a little bit better now, but only a bit better.

Wow Arbok can do crazy damage...but it takes two turns...but it also has a chance to paralyze with Wrap! Hmm pretty interesting.

>>>A new deevolution spray! That's pretty interesting.

Ok good Ultra Ball is not rotating. I couldn't imagine that being rotated.

And ugh Acerola is being reprinted. I was really hoping that would have rotate tbh

Edit: Oh I guess Ultra Ball and the rest of those last 4 are just an alternative art...huh

Last edited:

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Seeing in the Japan is in the C Blocks,

I'm guessing Acerola & Ultra Ball (both are labelled as A) wouldn't be in the English set like how Brooklet Hill was remove from Team Up. They may push these cards as Alternate arts for future products

With the number of Eeveelution right now, it's about time Devolution Spray got reincarnated

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Green’s Search seems neat, but the requirement of having no abilities on your pokémon is a bit rough. It means it is not compatible with Tapu Lele-GX, making Green's Search much harder to get when you need it.

Other than that, I'm pleasantly surprised that Green got represented as a card.

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
Pyukumuku is hilarious. I might try it at local league just because it’s fun.

I like the new ultra ball art.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Clarification:
- I give Green 4 instead of 5 because I messed up on the fact that you can use Green if you DON'T have a Pokemon with Abilities. Can be useful early-game if you start with a something like Vulpix with just plain attacks, if you have this in hand at the same time as Vulpix. I am just thinking of pairing it with Abandoned Power Plant because it makes GXs have no abilities like Lele.

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like an ultra ball reprint. There was speculation it wouldn’t happen and would rotate out this fall so that’s a somewhat significant reprint there.
Ultra ball was also getting a reprint in Tag Bolt but we didn't get that. I don't think ultra ball will rotate, but I don't think we will get any of these holo reprints, or maybe in detective Pikachu or the special set?? I dunno.
also Melmetal card had 150hp but translation said 130

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Here are some cards that seems nice:

Pheromosa & Buzzwole GX: Nice card with three solid attacks and access to Lurantis Promo.
Kartana: Big Finish as an awesome attack in Grass decks combined with Lurantis Promo.
Blastoise GX: Combined with Blastoise SM9 this can hit hard mid- to late game.
Stakataka: HP 200 once the opponent has taken three prize cards turn this one into a solid tech.
Lucario & Melmetal GX: The GX attack is awesome and helps metal decks to stall.
Alolan Dugtrio: Nice protection combined with Lucario & Melmetal GX and the available metal tools.
Celesteela GX: Discovery GX is a great turn one attack to thin the deck and draw extra cards. The weakness holds it back.
Beast Bringer: At first glance Blacephalon GX seems to be the Ultra Beast to benefit the most from it.
Metal Core Barrier: Could be a nice tool in Lucario & Melmetal GX decks.
Deserted Power Plant: Great stadium to lock down abilities on Pokémon GX.

The trainer rare cards are all awesome. Unfortunately getting a playset of Ultra Ball could be an issue in terms of financial requirements.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Pyukumuku – Water – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Call for Family: Search your deck for up to 2 Basic Pokemon and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

[W][C][C] Surprised Rock-Paper-Scissors: 60+ damage. You and your opponent play Rock-Paper-Scissors. If you win, this attack does 60 more damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
Is this serious? ...

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Lucario Melmetal Tag Team’s GX and Alola Dugtrio ability, plus frying pan and metal core barrier attached to your monsters seems like a strong wall combo.