News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
While everyone freaks over Ampharos, Spiritomb, Zoroark, and Black Market slyly sneak Night March back into standard.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Litten/Torracat/Incineroar-GX - I will gonna play it. Everything on Incineroar is nuts! 3/3/5

Zapdos - Uuhh? 80-110 for 0 energy is nuts, but if you face a Ho-oh, ur screwd because you cannot hit for weakness. 3-4 Geodudes

Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos-GX - This is also nuts! 150-270 dmg for 1 energy is nuts! I love it. Why I say 1 Energy when it is obviously LL, Thunder Mountain. Zapdos can do 80-110 for 0 energy because of that Stadium. 2/2/5

Blitzle/Zebstrika - Decent. Blitzle is nuts on the first atk but it wasn't worth of a bench space for it. Also deck space. 3/3-4

Emolga - the ability searches... to itself? Okay, if we get a Pikachu with that Cheek Rubbing stuff and Raichu GX will won Tournament again, this is better than Snuggly Generator. 2-3 Geodudes

Joltik/Galvantula - Galvantula's atk must be done on a basic. 2/3

Helioptile/Heliolisk - ehh. I can't even internalize the Heliolisk's cry well. 2/2

Tapu Koko * -Well, I like this dude. A Bench sitter that isn't a rotten one. 5 Geodude

Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar - You know on how Mr. Ito used this Baby Larvitar #HeyNick! to take a spot in Japan tournament, it has the ability to OHKO Zoroark, Pupitar does... just to finish the game vs. Zoroark. On baby Tyranitar #HeyNick!, yeah it has the ability to OHKO anything, but we don't have enough D energy accel yet. 3/3/3

Pancham/Pangoro - ehh. 2/2-3

Alolan Grimer/ Muk - So so good! Both of them are useful! 3-4/4-5

Poochyena/Mightyena - ehh?! Poochy not worth of a deck space. *Lele staring at the back* 2/2

Absol - I won't buy that Dugtrio and Absol combo. It will not won Tournaments. 3-4 Geodudes

Spiritomb - Useful on Baby Zoroark #HeyNick, useful in other utilities. 4-5 Geodudes

Zorua/Zoroark - Nuts! 3/4

Vullaby/Mandibuzz - ehh?! 2/3

Yveltal - weird RC, perfect starter mon. 3-4

Hoopa-GX - Hits the numbers but we're struggle on the energy accel on it. 3 Geodudes

Skarmory - Perfect CE candidate for Gardevoir. Why Gardevoir? 3

Jirachi - Just use Escape Board and you're golden. 5 Geodudes

Bronzor/Bronzong - Althouh Bronzong was one of my faves, ehh?! 2/2

Ferroseed/Ferrothorn - keep printing this dude! 2/3

Pawniard/Bisharp - One energy KO on fairies... But if you're clean and no damage. 2/3

Cobalion-GX - So the teaser on this set was a troll after all. No Steelix-GX! Yay! (I should stop that.) Anyways, all fine with Cobalion. 4 Geodudes

Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash - *swhswhswh* What? *shwshwshw* Tool Drop,as in like Trubbish Tool Drop? *shwshwshw* for a DCE?NEhh. Its on a Stage 1 and you run Honedge for that. Not as nuts as PLS Trubbish does. 2-3/4-5/3

Klefki - good decks nowadays are more on offense. Klefki saw less room there. 3 Geodudes

Electric Charger - 2-4 of this in Turbo Zeraora! 4-5 Geodudes

Electro Power - Yes, this will be on Lost Thunder, I sense a reprint for a reason.

Dangerous Drill - just use Alolan Meowth as a dumper since it does 70 for 0 and useless after that, there ya go! Free tool removal! 3 Geodudes

Metal Goggles - Some situations that it is better that Frying Pan because it makes spread decks suck, some isn't because Frying Pan is superior because it blocks weakness. Some situations also that you need Choice Band over both. 3 Geodudes

Nanu - better in Dark decks especially if you already used ur Lele. 4 Geodudes

Jasmine - another teaser troll! XD better on T1, "it's fine" if not. 4 Geodudes

Last edited:

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu Koko * -Well, I like this dude. A Bench sitter that isn't a rotten one. 5 Geodude

While I agree with you its a good card, it doesnt really count as a bench sitter, does it? You use the ability once and it goes to the lost zone, so I probably wouldnt even put it on my bench until the turn I was going to use it, then itd be gone.

freedomfightre

Aspiring Trainer
I was planning on playing Incineroar GX when this set came out, but that Ampharos GX is bonkers!
200 damage cap for 1 lighting energy, and 320 damage cap for 2, with built-in electripower recycle!?! Seems unfair.

Dare I say Gardy 2.0?

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
>no Yveltal Prism Star to match Xerneas Prism Star
wow dumb
>Tapu Koko Prism Star instead
YOOOOOOOOOOO-

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
My most hyped card for the set, my boy Absol and it turns out to be absolutely rubbish. Oh well, I'll make it work somehow (some combination of Mount Lanikila, Zoroark and more). However, you won't catch me at a tournament in SUM-SM9 not playing Doublade/Genesect, because that seems insane. Move over Gourgeist, there's a new tool attack in town.

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
That's even ignoring adding all those electripowers up. With Thunder Mountain you can do 150 each turn for free by playing all 4 electripowers before using the first attack to recycle them over and over.

There really isn't any text limiting the amount of use for an Electropower on a single Pokemon...

Arceus, is this actually real? God, please let this not be real, because Zeraora GX and the new PikaZek Tag Team GX will be outright disgusting if this is actually true. Ampharos will benefit from this the most (2 Electropowers makes it hit for 210 excluding Choice Band, with the possibility of it only costing 1(L) due to TM Prism Star). At that point, it's all about retrieving the Electropowers from the discard pile with Ampharos' first attack (which, as I said before, is straight up free with TM Prism Star).

Somebody please double-check that. Holy Arceus...
I know right? I was wondering why no one was mentioning it, especially you raving on about Ampharos like that. It's one of my mate's fav Pokemon, so when I realized just how much more insane it is with all this Electropower-Mountain nonsense, it blew our minds.
May God, Arceus, save the Queen...