News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

I can’t translate it, but from what I can tell, that Helioptile looks really fun to me. I think, from context clues, it has a 30 damage snipe attack for one energy, and then an attack that messes with energy. Because it’s Helioptile, presumably energy acceleration.

If translations programs serve correctly, the Tapu Koko Prism Star's Ability is something along the lines of:

Once per turn, if this Pokemon is on your bench, you may attach 2 Lightining Energy on one of your benched Pokemon, then send this card to the Lost Zone.

Metal Goggles seems to block -30 damage and...effects? Status Conditions? Seems like Metal Frying Pan for everyone.

Electri Charger seems to allow you to flip 2 coins, for each heads, get an Electripower from the discard pile.

The non-Nanu Supporter seems to get up to 5 Metal type Pokemon, but there seems to be some condition I can't make sense of. I know for sure it's not the "If you had a _____ type Pokemon KO'd last turn" deals. So....yeah.

Colbalion GX's Power appears to be that if it's active, it protects all Pokemon with Metal Energy from Special Conditions. It's first attack does an extra 60 if there's a Stadium in play. It's GX says something like they can't use Abilities? Not sure if it's a 1 turn thing or permanent? Not sure

Last edited:
Heliolisk like what Zero Umbreon says does 30 to bench and I think the second puts it on the bench after attacking
Cobalion GX first attack seems to do 60 more when out of bench maybe like Golisopod GX?

That charger looks to flip 2 coins to bring back Electropower from discard to hand

Hmmm...dat coballion...pokemon with metal energies attached cannot be affected by status conditions, and ones that already are have their status conditions removed...but even more interesting, 110 if a stadium is in play, and a gx attack that makes all of your opponent's pokemon unable to attack?...this could be fun...time to tinker around with some ideas!

That Tapu Koko Prism is a shoe-in in all Lightning decks, even Ray would probably use it.

Emolga joins the Nuzzle crew. That just leaves Plusle and Minun not in it (and I suppose Togedemaru as well since the Nuzzle one we have was created before Nuzzle became a strat and thus it adds nothing to the table).

Tapu Koko prism is a GX ability, once per game only. Interesting to see that as a mechanic. Seems lame compared to some of the other prism stars but it's the best electric type has..

When you're sad, because Ampharos GX isn't going to see the light of day with Buzz/Shrine/Garb being so popular.

On Emolga, Cheek Rub > Nuzzle. Remember the Ultra Prism Pachirisu? It had the exact same attack and one of its attacks even supported Pokémon with the Nuzzle Attack.

Is anyone else seeing the synergy with Nanu and Giratina in Dark Decks? Where you just discard it and bring back a dead zorua/one you discard and then use giratinas ability to spread a bit of damage?

What's the electric battery recharger looking thing?
Looks good so far. Tapu Koko is GOOD.
When I saw Joltik my first reaction was: "HWEH?! THEY MADE MORE NIGHT MARCH?!"
The Vietnam flashbacks of the Pokémon TCG.

Sorry for the delay, am in film meetings! All translations up, let me know if there's any mistakes!

Ooh, lots of Pokémon I love in this set, like Pupitar, Klefki, Aegislash, Ferrothorn...even a Cobalion GX! Although, there’s a bit of a missed opportunity with the Bronzor artwork. Why didn’t they show its cute leafy pattern on its back reflecting in the mirror? Oh well. Neat they’re bringing back Secret Key but for Metal. And the set has best Kahuna and that fun new stadium to look forward to, so I can’t really complain!

Back