XY What Gen 1-5 Pokémon do you want to see in X/Y?

RE: What Gen 1-5 Pokemon do you want to see in X/Y?

AdamLambert said:
Next off topic post gets a warning. :D

Actually my reply was kind of on topic and off topic at the same time because a church where Druddigon appear as a wild encounter would be great due to the theme of the region, and as a bonus it wouldn't be useless either because we would be encountering wild pokemon such as Druddigon there.

Another previous generation pokemon I would like to see is the Bagon line, not the most likely but since Salamence fits the bill of western dragon more than the other pseudo legendaries it would make sense though wild charmander (even though this is extremely unlikely and next to zero) would be awesome to encounter as well.

We actually have a real good number of rivers in this region so if any of the previous generation water-types were to be found in them it would likely be any of these: Seaking line, Gyarados line, Azumarill line, Whiscash line, Crawdaunt line, Floatzel line, and the Seismitoad line.

jdivinity said:
We actually have a real good number of rivers in this region so if any of the previous generation water-types were to be found in them it would likely be any of these: Seaking line, Gyarados line, Azumarill line, Whiscash line, Crawdaunt line, Floatzel line, and the Seismitoad line.

I actually don't think some of those would be recurring river Pokemon, particularly Whiscash and Seismitoad which seem to be better suited for more marshy areas like the set of ponds north of Lumiose City.

This would be a more accurate list of possible river Pokemon IMO:

Psyduck line
Poliwag line
Goldeen line
Slowpoke line
Magikarp line
Marill line
Surskit line
Carvanha line
Corphish line
Buizel line
Basculin

jdivinity said:

Some of the Corphish line's pokedex entries do say that it was an invasive species so it is possible that they are actually native to Kalos instead of Hoenn right?

My only wish for this gen was to be able to catch ralts, but since they put kirlia on the first trailer, and now gardevoir is one of the newly anointed fairy types, seems I got what I wanted. (also wild meloettas, but I know that's a stretch)

we need wild togepi or togetic!
i mean, at this rate, it'll be native to no regions!

FloodBadge said:

I would love to see Venustoise make its return from the gen one games to these ones.
A picture of an actual Venustoise from the anime:

458px-Venustoise.png

Sorry mods but this one was meant to be a bit of a joke, the next one is serious.

The gen three pokemon I would like to see appearing in Kalos region is this one:

800px-Rayquaza_M07.png

I have to say I am quite surprised you couldn't encounter it at all in Unova unless you hacked or traded but since it is supposted to live up high in the atmosphere I hope that we can encounter it in Kalos.

The ones that have been available on every Pokédex launched by now (Pikachu, Magikarp, Zubat etc). I think that they're classic.

Hidden Power said:
The ones that have been available on every Pokédex launched by now (Pikachu, Magikarp, Zubat etc). I think that they're classic.

Pikachu was not in either of the Unova dexes. Not sure if Magikarp was in the updated version or not but I know Pikachu was not. You could find Pikachu in the White forest but that was not the Unova dex proper.

Yeah, Zubat is a good pokemon even if it is annoying because it is so common, by a good pokemon I mean decent once you get it to Crobat.

I'm crossing my fingers for the Shellos line. I know, I know, it was kind of a gimmicky Sinnoh thing, the two versions being on either side of Mt. Coronet, but I could see it maybe with one being coastal around Kalos and the other being inside by the mountains maybe? Maybe? I'm hopeful.

Also Lapras with a Lapras prevolution, please.

Luxray, plllleeaase. Cubone and Wailord would be pretty cool to see again, as well.

Some of your suggestions seem a little bit redundant. I can't see the Nuzleaf line being there because Chespin shares a pretty close resemblence, IMO. I also doubt Corphish, because we already have that new blue crab thing.

Artemis said:
I'm crossing my fingers for the Shellos line. I know, I know, it was kind of a gimmicky Sinnoh thing, the two versions being on either side of Mt. Coronet, but I could see it maybe with one being coastal around Kalos and the other being inside by the mountains maybe? Maybe? I'm hopeful.

Also Lapras with a Lapras prevolution, please.

A third Shellos variant to go along with them perhaps?

FloodBadge said:

Just because we can't catch them in the region doesn't mean they're not native. How we catch them is a design decision, we don't usually get to catch Togepi in the wild because it's meant to be rare. The biggest indicator as to whether or not a Pokemon is "native" is whether or not it appears in the regional dex.

Raptor9229 said:
Pikachu was not in either of the Unova dexes. Not sure if Magikarp was in the updated version or not but I know Pikachu was not. You could find Pikachu in the White forest but that was not the Unova dex proper.

Correct, Pikachu was not in the Unova Dex, nor was it catchable in any way in 5th gen besides events or Poketransfer. Magikarp was also not in the Unova Dex, but was catchable post game in both games.

I think now that 5th gen has introduced counterparts for every Com Mon in the game, they can switch off between different ones. So instead of having Zubat appear in every game, they'd switch off between Zubat and Woobat. Or in some cases we could have both, as we saw in BW2.

Raptor9229 said:
The gen three pokemon I would like to see appearing in Kalos region is this one:

800px-Rayquaza_M07.png

I have to say I am quite surprised you couldn't encounter it at all in Unova unless you hacked or traded but since it is supposted to live up high in the atmosphere I hope that we can encounter it in Kalos.

I'm all for lots of legendaries making a return, honestly. We're reaching the point where the regional dexes and the total number of legendaries are both getting so large that they could include a number of older legendaires in the Kalos Dex without really limiting the number of new legends we get. The ones that are very region-tied are less likely, but I don't see why we couldn't have the bird trio, the Regis, or even Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza in the Kalos Dex alongside a bunch of newer legends. They would still be optional, of course, and they could restrict them to the post-game if they really wanted, but there's really no reason to.

HypnoticChairman said:
Some of your suggestions seem a little bit redundant. I can't see the Nuzleaf line being there because Chespin shares a pretty close resemblence, IMO. I also doubt Corphish, because we already have that new blue crab thing.

I think a Crawdaunt appeared in an epsode of Pokemon Smash, fighting against a Gogoat.
However it could also just be a random Pokemon placed there.

DorianBlack said:
Raptor9229 said:

800px-Rayquaza_M07.png

I'm all for lots of legendaries making a return, honestly. We're reaching the point where the regional dexes and the total number of legendaries are both getting so large that they could include a number of older legendaires in the Kalos Dex without really limiting the number of new legends we get. The ones that are very region-tied are less likely, but I don't see why we couldn't have the bird trio, the Regis, or even Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza in the Kalos Dex alongside a bunch of newer legends. They would still be optional, of course, and they could restrict them to the post-game if they really wanted, but there's really no reason to.

agreed, but seriously though, Rayquaza not native to Unova? That thing shouldn't be native to any region if you think about it.

HypnoticChairman said:

BW2 had several counterparts appear together in the Unova Dex, off the top of my head, Woobat/Zubat, Patrat/Rattata, Trubbish/Grimer, and Klink/Magnemite. It's entirely possible to have both Corphish and Clauncher appear in the Kalos Dex.

Bolt the Cat said:
HypnoticChairman said:

BW2 had several counterparts appear together in the Unova Dex, off the top of my head, Woobat/Zubat, Patrat/Rattata, Trubbish/Grimer, and Klink/Magnemite. It's entirely possible to have both Corphish and Clauncher appear in the Kalos Dex.

I agree. And poor little Corphish needs to make a return. It's one of my favorite water-types. Also, I've never really seen Zubat and Woobat as counterparts, but whatever! :p Also, I want Electrike to return.

I'd like totally want to see Feebas and Lotad pre-national dex. Milotic and Ludicolo, oh how do I always find you in my team? <3 Also a lot of other Hoenn pokemon should make a comeback. Boy, haven't seen a Nincada or a Kecleon for a while.

Another thing I want is the smaller legendaries, which used to be event-only. Like Jirachi, Mew, Celebi, Shaymin and maybe Manaphy.

AdamLambert said:
Also, I've never really seen Zubat and Woobat as counterparts

They're both cave dwelling Flying type bat Pokemon that show up in nearly every cave in the game.

Back