XY What Gen 1-5 Pokémon do you want to see in X/Y?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Hi guys
So I thought that there's definitely going to be Gen 1-5 Pokemon in this region's 'Dex, and I wondered what old Pokemon we can find in it.
There's a forest so maybe Grass/Bug types from older gens? I can see Sewaddle in there, and maybe Dustox and Beautifly.
The place with the domes looks slightly desert-ey, so maybe Trapinch, Sandshrew and Cacnea?

LIST OF ALL POKEMON IN TRAILERS. If they are in brackets it means that their presence is implied by another Pokemon:
Magikarp
Gyarados
(Golett)
Golurk
Munchlax
(Snorlax)
(Ralts)
Kirlia
(Gardevoir)
(Gallade)
Pansear
(Simisear)
(Pansage)
(Simisage)
(Panpour)
(Simipour)
Patrat
(Watchog)
(Pichu)
Pikachu
(Raichu)
Litwick
(Lampent)
(Chandelure)
Psyduck
(Golduck)
(Sneasel)
Weavile
Mienfoo
(Mienshao)
Dratini
(Dragonair)
(Dragonite)
(Genesect) - only put in brackets due to: it being an event and that it may have only been in there for Movie 16 reasons
(Cranidos)
Rampardos
(Shellder)
Cloyster
(Machop)
(Machoke)
Machamp
Zangoose
(Seviper)
(Makuhita)
Hariyama
Gligar
(Gliscor)
(Sandile)
(Krokorok)
Krookodile
(Azurill) - this line put in brackets only because we've seen Marill in a promo pic (the one of Gogoat in Lumiose City)
(Marill)
(Azumarill)
(Eevee)
(Vaporeon)
(Flareon)
(Jolteon)
(Espeon)
(Umbreon)
(Leafeon)
(Glaceon)

Anyway, those are my ideas, so speculate and discuss :]

edit: added list of confirmed mons

Mitja

veteran smartass
RE: What Gen 1-5 Pokemon do you want to see in X/Y?

Pikachu
Palpitoad
Eevee
Golurk
Magikarp
Munchlax
Kirlia
Pansear
Patrat
Litwick
Psyduck
Audino
Weavile
Mienfoo
Dratini

Yeah, these fellas we've seen in the trailer are definitely gonna be found in the region, cause its not like they're only showing of random Pokemon at such a stage in developement (just notice how random Golurk would be as a choice, but the statue of it makes it evident its gonna be available.)

That's already 45! (unless they leave out any eeveelutions)
(bold: note that half of the list is gen V)

Now there are 2 assumptions we can probably make:
-new pokemon will be a lower number (since they can rely on previous), ~100
-the regional dex should be somewhere around 200-250, which means more than 100 previous ones

That leaves something like 80 up to speculation.

Alright
Depending on which roles they decide to renew (for example if we knew that Pidgeot/Staraptor/Unfezant is in the games, there would probably be no new common bird like that)
we can consider what they could need to fill the region with.
Since my current guess is that Gen VI will feature plenty of evolutions and special Pokemon again, I'd guess plenty of the old ones will be typical common roles.

Also, the big amount of gen V in the trailer, makes me think gen VIs region will mostly rely on V where possible, but also add enough older things in the name of fanservice (pikachu, eevee etc lol).
But it also actually makes sense if you take into account that this will be the 2nd region that is not based on Japan but the west.
So for example thinking of
"The common surf encounter"
the major options are now Tentacool and Frillish. Due to the above train of thought, and how Tentacool did that for whole 4 generations in a row, the likelihood for Frillish rises by a lot.
In this vein, Id guess these:
-Frillish
-Woobat (Zubat has been in 4 gens AND bw2..)
-Pidove
-Drilbur
(Seein Litwick instead of Gastly, makes me think perhaps even these two lines):
-Timburr (Machops been in 4 gens in a row too)
-Roggenrola (same with Geodude)
(I doubt Solosis/Gothita, as being version exclusive makes them deeper tied to BW, and we know at least Ralts will be available, which also lowers the need for Abra)
(We just had Mareep in bw2, and I could see the other guy fit in here)
-Shinx
(Dratini is a pseudo-legend, and apart from bw2 with its enormous nostalgia-dex, there has never been more than 2 of these in one region.... since gen VI will surely have its own new pseudo-legend, that already makes 2, so no need for Larvitar/Beldum/Bagon/Gible/Deino)

That's all I could think of atm.
And would bring the 45 up to 63....
Of course any evolutions/new stages would require the originals to be in too, so I would say 20 spots would go to these, bringing it up to ~80, leaving maybe 40 more to go:
the rest as I said is pretty much dependant on whether they make a new feline (otherwise Purrloin or Skitty for example), many Bugs (which I doubt after gen V added record high numbers), or plants (to resort to Oddish/Hoppip/Roselia/etc if not),
and pretty much what exotic locations we will explore, like whether there will be a desert (Sandile probably more likely than Trapinch and co..), snowy places (Cubchoo), underwater stuff, caves, spooky locations, or even just lots of places to fish (I feel like they'd rely on plenty of fish from the past then, think Goldeen/Finneon/Carvanha/..)

So much about objectively analysing/predicting/being realistic.

As far as what I personally would want to come across:
-Joltik
(Id say Drapion and Roselia, but they've jsut been in BW2...)
-Feebas
that's about it. I don't want them shoving too many ones in that wouldn't fit anywhere, so I'd pretty much be satisfied with all of my above analysis.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071

We have a desert so... Flygon, Sandlash, Hippodown.
I would like some sort of plant with Voltorb/Electrode, Magneton that sort of pokemon.
There is an old Mansion so Golurk, Rotom and other pokemon found there.

The most annoying pokemon, Zubat! What is a pokemon cave without millions of these? Gigalith too.

Hydreigon would be nice to have too.

Grumpigfarmer

Gonna arty like it's my birthday(Cuz it was)

Mightyena, Houndoom, and Grumpig. I hope they will be in it!!!

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I do not want to see Boldore in caves as a common encounter. They are annoying since they have Sturdy which makes it take two hits to KO them.

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!

I would love to see more Poke's from gen I and III.

Has there been a Celebi distribution recently? I honestly can't remember, but I'd love to see that little guy again too. And Mew! :)

Golduck is one of my favorite water types to use too!

Mitja

veteran smartass

King Arceus said:
I do not want to see Boldore in caves as a common encounter. They are annoying since they have Sturdy which makes it take two hits to KO them.

Well Graveler too lol.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

I just want Scraggy.

Akamu54

Bagon Farmer

I wouldn't mind seeing Bagon in the wild...

But, for real, I really could care less what they put in as long as it's a good balance between old and new (not 50/50, more like 70/30, or 60/40)

Aquapulse

Aspiring Trainer

I so want Audino in the game, or at least create a new pokemon similar to Audino (especially the xp bonus :D) so we can take advantage of it. *giggles*

Seriously though, it's not too shabby to bring old water pokemon in the games, although, the region's based on Paris. *cries* I just hope there's plenty of water-types in the new region.

Edit: To clarify a little bit, Paris only have one river..a major river. I do not know if the new region does include the other cities or just Paris. Only time will tell.

Icyangelus

Aspiring Trainer

I would love to see scyther just cause he's my favorite poke xD and since he missed out on BW. Other than that I think aside from the 5th gen pokes I think the others should include those that didnt appear in BW.

Professor Palutena

The Queen

I'm hoping we get expanded evolutionary families for some of the unloved Pokemon in Gen5. Things like:
- Basculin
- Audino
- Stunfisk
- Druddigon
- Alomomola (and not Luvdisc)
- Maractus

and I wouldn't mind seeing a few of my favorites in these games as well, like:
- Starmie
- Chatot
- Cinccino
- Roserade
- Mawile
- Surskit (and while we're at it, can we have a not crappy Water/Bug type?)
- Teddiursa

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

In addition to the ones shown in the trailer (which aren't confirmed but still likely):

Drifblim
Abomasnow
Gothitelle
Reuniclus
Mamoswine

Those are really more personal choices, though.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I want to see 3rd gen Pokemon for sure. Looks like there will be Kirlia and Munchlax from the trailer, so I'm sure there will be more. Pikachu is a given.

Some 2nd and 3rd gen Pokemon will probably evolve this generation. I'm feeling it.

Smeargle

Gible
Horsea
Seadra
Drilbur
Munchlax
Wabuffet
Staryu
Larvitar
Entei
Raikou
Suicune
Seedot
Ditto

Oh and

NOT SPINDA
Jeez those things were so annoying.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Spinda was so nice for EV training Special Sweepers though. I also had caught a shiny Spina in Saphire so I don't want it replaced.

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...

theducktamer said:
Has there been a Celebi distribution recently? I honestly can't remember, but I'd love to see that little guy again too. And Mew! :)

I believe the last one was the event Celebi that triggered the event in HGSS. So, it's been 3 years.

Hm, how about Dunsparce?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

Aquapulse said:
I so want Audino in the game, or at least create a new pokemon similar to Audino (especially the xp bonus :D) so we can take advantage of it. *giggles*

Audino was in the trailer, so the exp lord is confirmed.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Some more Pokemon I'd like to see in the regional dex:

-Sneasel
-Swablu
-Druddigon
-Skarmory
-Budew
-Phanpy
-Drillbur
-Lapras
-Frillish
-Pawniard
-Feebas

beaulier

Aspiring Trainer

Houndour/Houndoom, please! They're my favorites <3 Maybe an evolution for Houndoom, hm?

I get the feeling that many 3 and 5 gen pokémon will get evos/pre evos, too