XY What Gen 1-5 Pokémon do you want to see in X/Y?

RE: What Gen 1-5 Pokemon do you want to see in X/Y?

You need more than just two games to get the full dex (B/W had 250 odd of 659 total), and that is exactly what I'm talking about: if each, I repeat: each game sets you back 500 bucks, would you have all the games you no doubt have? no matter how good, how different the experiences are, no game is really worth that.
I've been trying to get heartgold all throughout last year, and this is what I've found: 599$, 650$, 700$, 850$, 899$ and so on. I really want heartgold, it's one of the few games (even pokemon games) that I can replay and replay and love them each time, hell, I haven't even played B/W2 and I'm trying to get a game I already played!
What I mean is: Maybe you and many other people can get a pokemon game, play it once or twice and move on to other games to not return to it unless you have to trade something to a newer game, but some of us can't. When a game costs as much, it's just not wise to buy it unless you know you can truly enjoy it for years to come, and that's just not something I'd guarantee for any game, not just pokemon's.

Let's just agree to disagree. I don't want to derail the thread.

NoDice said:
You know, thinking about how many total Pokemon we have now, what if each game had a totally different regional dex?

Both games would have the breadth of the 6th generation mons, with a couple version exclusives, but the rest of the Gen 1-5 mons would be COMPLETELY different based on the version you get. For example, #XXX in Pokemon Xs regional dex would be Bagon, while in Ys regional dex it would be Axew?

Or, they could just have the regional dexs be 500+ mons and each version would have a total of 350 ish, with each version having about 150-200 exclusives.

I guess this idea just comes in part from me wanting more variety if I play through both versions... and running into the same exact creatures in an area with the exception of one or MAYBE two version exclusives. This would make the games much more diverse/different from eachother, and would allow for more varying play throughs between them.

That's the exact same concept as the version exclusives that have been in every generation, just turned up to 11. The only difference is that with that system, they'd either have to disallow pre-nat-Dex trading (BAD), or the players who trade will have a bunch of unnumbered entries sitting in their Pokédex until they finally get the national one (awkward). It's needlessly complicated.

That said, the idea of having a huge number of version exclusives might be worth discussing. On the one hand, it would solve the problem of adding more Pokémon to the regional Dex without overstuffing Routes (I don't think that's a bad thing, but others apparently do) and encourage a lot of trading. On the other hand, players who don't have reliable internet access (or who just plain aren't allowed to use it, as some younger players might be) could be screwed. And frankly, the process of choosing a version is heartrending enough for me with just a dozen exclusive lines. I think I'd like to see the idea of exclusives go away rather than expand (though I think both outcomes are unlikely).

Bolt the Cat said:
Fee said:
Harder than buying the older games,(possibly more than one) working your way up to the point where you can catch the Pokémon you want, searching for the(possibly rare) Pokémon, beating X and Y so you can unlock the transfer tool and then transferring Pokémon over six by six?

You don't need to transfer that much if you own multiple games within that generation. Usually you can get every National Dex Pokemon if you own all of them. There is absolutely no need to put all 700something Pokemon in XY if they're releasing more games this gen (which they almost undoubtedly will).

And if you don't own multiple games within that generation? Regardless of what you may want to think searching the grass is always going to be easier than buying new games.

DorianBlack said:
That said, the idea of having a huge number of version exclusives might be worth discussing. On the one hand, it would solve the problem of adding more Pokémon to the regional Dex without overstuffing Routes (I don't think that's a bad thing, but others apparently do) and encourage a lot of trading. On the other hand, players who don't have reliable internet access (or who just plain aren't allowed to use it, as some younger players might be) could be screwed. And frankly, the process of choosing a version is heartrending enough for me with just a dozen exclusive lines. I think I'd like to see the idea of exclusives go away rather than expand (though I think both outcomes are unlikely).

People without internet are already screwed.

DorianBlack said:
NoDice said:
You know, thinking about how many total Pokemon we have now, what if each game had a totally different regional dex?

Both games would have the breadth of the 6th generation mons, with a couple version exclusives, but the rest of the Gen 1-5 mons would be COMPLETELY different based on the version you get. For example, #XXX in Pokemon Xs regional dex would be Bagon, while in Ys regional dex it would be Axew?

Or, they could just have the regional dexs be 500+ mons and each version would have a total of 350 ish, with each version having about 150-200 exclusives.

I guess this idea just comes in part from me wanting more variety if I play through both versions... and running into the same exact creatures in an area with the exception of one or MAYBE two version exclusives. This would make the games much more diverse/different from eachother, and would allow for more varying play throughs between them.

That's the exact same concept as the version exclusives that have been in every generation, just turned up to 11. The only difference is that with that system, they'd either have to disallow pre-nat-Dex trading (BAD), or the players who trade will have a bunch of unnumbered entries sitting in their Pokédex until they finally get the national one (awkward). It's needlessly complicated.

I agree. I'm planning on getting Y because of Yveltal, and I'm also planning on getting X later on for Xerneas, but it may not be worth it if we have a few exclusive lines. I might just as well get the good ol' deer from a friend.

Game Freak has other things to turn into exclusives.

Kinda short answer, but one thing some Pokemon I want to see.

Ralts
Mawile
Sableye
Nosepass
Magnemite
Zangoose(x)
Serviper(Y)
Oddish
Togepi

Here is a list of Pokemon that I want to see (only posting first stage Pokemon for example: muchlax)

Gastly
Duskull
Eevee
Ralts
Rioulu
Misdreavus
Sableye
Mawile
Shinx
Shuckle
Frillish
Feebas
Litwick
Miltank
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Smoochum
Snorunt
Snover
Beldum
Munchlax
Combee
Trubbish(please)
Lapras
Slowpoke
Magby
Elekid
Seviper

That's all i can think of :-D

Chandelure said:
was there a litwick in one of the trailers?

Yeah, it was in the first trailer.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNr6wQfNfK4[/video]

Check at 1:02.

I want me a Meowth. More importantly, I want an event Meowth with the move chatter. WHY HAS THIS NOT HAPPENED YET???

Ralts
Miltank
Trubbish
Frillish
Cleffa
Smoochum
Igglybuff
Happiny
Shuppet
Misdreavous(forgot how to spell it)
Ghastly
Combee
Shellos (the ultimate part in a triple battle)
Abra
Snubull
Snover
Snorunt
spiritomb
Sableye
Mawile
Riolu

I think this is all I want in x and y :-D

Bolt the Cat said:
Chandelure said:

Although that could have been post credits rather than pre credits, a psyduck vs Litwick at that point is still believeable. Guess we have to wait and see.

Raptor9229 said:
Although that could have been post credits rather than pre credits, a psyduck vs Litwick at that point is still believeable. Guess we have to wait and see.

I doubt most of the battles shown are post game (maybe some of the ones involving Mewtwo or Xerneas/Yveltal), I think many of those Pokemon shown are going to be in the Kalos Dex.

Bolt the Cat said:
Chandelure said:

hoping that confirms their inclusion in the game, I'm happy as long as i get that pokemon

I'm hoping that the Horsea line is present, considering that Kingdra is my fave Dragon type. Also, I'm hoping that Houndour aren't only found in hordes because it would probably be tough as nails to catch one. I just hope Mienfoo appears before the national dex as Mienshao was my signature Pokemon in White 2 (And the very first Pokemon I ever raised to Level 100!).

Cobalion, Terakkion, Virizion, and Keldeo had better appear in X and Y.

Dartagnan-musketeers.jpg

Nuff said about that.

Raptor9229 said:

Dartagnan-musketeers.jpg

Nuff said about that.

Suddenly, I saw fanart of the elemental monkey trio and aipom holding 4 different colored Honedges.

I wonder if Honedge is mythical, legendary, or just Cryogonal...

DarkPhoenix said:
I just hope for the Shinx line~
I agree shinx was a great electric line but needs like a lioness type form for female.

FloodBadge said:
Raptor9229 said:

Dartagnan-musketeers.jpg

Nuff said about that.

Suddenly, I saw fanart of the elemental monkey trio and aipom holding 4 different colored Honedges.

The elemental monkey trio and ambipom holding four different colored honedges would not even be close to that picture. Cobalion, Terakkion, Virizion, and Keldeo are the closest you can get to a pokemon version of the three musketeers. Although that fanart would look funny.

Raptor9229 said:
FloodBadge said:

The elemental monkey trio and ambipom holding four different colored honedges would not even be close to that picture. Cobalion, Terakkion, Virizion, and Keldeo are the closest you can get to a pokemon version of the three musketeers. Although that fanart would look funny.

Never said it was saying they should be in there, I was just saying it's the 3 adult musketeers and the little guy. By the way, It's Aipom, not Ambipom. The picture was just a joke.

Back