XY What Gen 1-5 Pokémon do you want to see in X/Y?

RE: What Gen 1-5 Pokemon do you want to see in X/Y?

Bolt the Cat said:
AdamLambert said:
Also, I've never really seen Zubat and Woobat as counterparts

They're both cave dwelling Flying type bat Pokemon that show up in nearly every cave in the game.

Well, yeah, but they have different primary types, Woobat is two-staged, while Zubat is three-stage. I'm by no means saying they aren't counterparts. I've just never felt that they were. Just like I don't see regional cats as counterparts. Speaking of which, I really want Purrloin and Liepard to be in XY. Not because they're good but because they're cute and cuddly and I just love them.

AdamLambert said:
Bolt the Cat said:
They're both cave dwelling Flying type bat Pokemon that show up in nearly every cave in the game.

Well, yeah, but they have different primary types, Woobat is two-staged, while Zubat is three-stage. I'm by no means saying they aren't counterparts. I've just never felt that they were. Just like I don't see regional cats as counterparts. Speaking of which, I really want Purrloin and Liepard to be in XY. Not because they're good but because they're cute and cuddly and I just love them.

You are forgetting that of all the electric rodents that the Pikachu line is the only one that is three stages right? And yes I would also love Electrike to return as well, Manectric got me through Winona when I started with Treecko in pokemon Emerald, the only gym leaders that gave me trouble were Brawly who got owned when Grovyle learned leaf blade, Flannery who still managed to get owned by a sceptile of all things, and the twin gym leaders who again got destroyed, not even the elite 4 or champion were that hard, didn't help that the champion used mostly water types anyway so . . . yeah but Manectric did help me out a lot in that game.

Raptor9229 said:
AdamLambert said:

You are forgetting that of all the electric rodents that the Pikachu line is the only one that is three stages right? And yes I would also love Electrike to return as well, Manectric got me through Winona when I started with Treecko in pokemon Emerald, the only gym leaders that gave me trouble were Brawly who got owned when Grovyle learned leaf blade, Flannery who still managed to get owned by a sceptile of all things, and the twin gym leaders who again got destroyed, not even the elite 4 or champion were that hard, didn't help that the champion used mostly water types anyway so . . . yeah but Manectric did help me out a lot in that game.

Haha, well...I didn't exactly forget the electric rodents. I personally don't consider those to be Pikachu counterparts, but again, that's just me :) I only consider them counterparts if they are the same type, with the same amount of stages, and fill the same role. I'm picky. :p But this is way off topic anyway. You can PM me or write on my profile to continue this discussion if you want.

Yes. Manectric is probably the best dog Pokémon, tied with Houndoom. I hope both make an appearance in XY. Also, I think that both Nidoran should return. I haven't seen them in forever.

AdamLambert said:
Raptor9229 said:

Yes. Manectric is probably the best dog Pokémon, tied with Houndoom. I hope both make an appearance in XY. Also, I think that both Nidoran should return. I haven't seen them in forever.

I'm pretty sure both Nidoran and Manectric appeared in BW2 in hitten grottoes, but I'm almost sure that you meant in the regional dex instead of the national dex in BW2. Personally I would like to have the Oddish family back, since they're my favorites :)

AdamLambert said:
Bolt the Cat said:

The zubat line was two staged in the gen of its release as is the woobat line. If woobat gets another evolution this gen, it will definitely be a counterpart.

DrEspeon said:
AdamLambert said:

The zubat line was two staged in the gen of its release as is the woobat line. If woobat gets another evolution this gen, it will definitely be a counterpart.

Be fun if Noivern is that third stage for the Woobat line. I mean they have done level up evolutions as well as level up by friendship evolutions in the same line, or even evolution stone evolutions too, sometimes a move evolution. Noivern could evolve from Woobat via learning Boomburst, sure it might lose its psychic typing but there have been examples of pokemon being one type before it evolves as well as its other type and then completely foregoing a type upon evolution and gaining a new type, including the final stages.

Larvitar is rock/ground
Pupitar is rock/ground
Tyrannitar is rock/dark

Same goes with the Skorupi line

Skorupi is Poison/bug
Drapion is Poison/Dark

I could totally see this:

Woobat: Psychic/flying
Swoobat: Psychic/flying

I can totally see Swoobat evolving into Noivern and ditching Psychic (putting Flying where psychic would go) and gaining draconic characteristics instead.

At the same time I could see it not happening.

I hope that both Woobat and Zubat appear in the caves, thanks for getting me thinking about the bats dude.

Also Larvitar and Skorupi lines.

Skorupi due to its ability sniper plus if it holding scope lens and has these moves:

Cross Poison, Poison Tail (actually surprised that one is not on its level up list), and Night Slash . . . lets just say that anyone annoyed with critical hits might be running in fear at this point. Yes, the basic reason for me wanting Skorupi is actually due to the ability sniper and its item and move combo with said ability. A snipered Drapion with a high critical hit ratio move and scope lens actually helped me out a ton during a play through of Platinum.

DrEspeon said:

Regional birds have had different numbers of evolutions and they're still counterparts.

Scraggy, Clamperl, Turbbish and Stunfisk please.

Teal said:

Why Trubbish? Just why? Muk and Grimer would be better coming back than Trubbish and Garbodor.

Those two are literally garbage.

A desert with Vibrava and Hippopotas/powdon hordes, wouldn't that be awesome? :D

Raptor9229 said:
Teal said:

Why Trubbish? Just why? Muk and Grimer would be better coming back than Trubbish and Garbodor.

Muk and grimer are literally piles of waste, what's your point?

PLEASE Tyrogue, Aipom, and plenty of desert pokemon :)

BUT MOSTLY TYROGUE

The hitmons need serious love

Blasto said:

Exactly. I would definetely love to get a my hands on a Hitmontop in X/Y, whether I will buy both or just the another one.

By the way, is anybody interested in seeing Lotad back pre-nationaldex? :)

I always have to have Lucario on my team so I hope they throw in wild Riolu somewhere near the beginning like they did in BW2. Gosh I loved that, it made things so much easier to get a hold of one. I'm not going to hold my breath on this actually happening though.

Others that I always enjoy reusing are Kingdra and Espeon. They kick ass and they're cute. Although if they are in Kalos I might not want them at all depending on the new Pokemon. So far I don't really care for the water types that have been revealed so Kingdra's future is looking bright, lol.

Other than that, give me all the gen 1 'mon. Yes , I am a genwunner, but I certainly am accepting to the new Pokemon. Other than that I just don't want to see a lot of the gen 3s.

Pineapple X said:
Blasto said:

Exactly. I would definetely love to get a my hands on a Hitmontop in X/Y, whether I will buy both or just the another one.

By the way, is anybody interested in seeing Lotad back pre-nationaldex? :)

AGREED I need a Hitmontop on my team for real.

and yes! I would love seeing Lotad and Seedot naturally.

Elite Stride said:
Others that I always enjoy reusing are Kingdra and Espeon. They kick ass and they're cute. Although if they are in Kalos I might not want them at all depending on the new Pokemon. So far I don't really care for the water types that have been revealed so Kingdra's future is looking bright, lol.

Espeon fans represent! I do find it highly likely of espeon returning given that Sylveon is and eevee evolution.

Blasto said:

I get the feeling that Throu and Sawk will be the new hitmons. If so it wouldn't help the possibilty of them returning, though I would like it if they did.

Raptor9229 said:

Those two are literally garbage

I waited fifteen+ years for them to come out with Pokemon that were literally garbage, while the rest of you got dragons, cats, foxes and monkeys out the wazoo. Monsters made of garbage have always been one of my absolute favorite archetypes, and Garbodor has one of the coolest designs I've ever seen for a trash mutant.

muck-ab.jpg

Besides, possibly, these trash guys from the Aquabats Super Show. Adorable babies.

I'd like all three pollution pokemon lines to appear in one game. You should be able to find Trubbish when you search waste bins, grimer in dirty water and koffing in burned-out buildings like the old days. I hope you can catch a lot of poison types if they're really going to be strong against fairy.

I cannot wait to KO the goofy new Eevee thing with a sludge bomb from any one of my favorites.

I'd like to see lots of gen 2 pokemon. Houndour is definitely one of the top ones, since I always hated that you couldn't even get one in G/S/HG/SS until after you got to Kanto. Also, I hope to see Larvitar accessible at some point during the regional dex. Togekiss, Yanmega, Gliscor, Weavile, Donphan, and some others also. Another thing, I'd like to see lots of past gen legendaries. I always like hunting down a bunch of legendaries from the past generations in extra caves and whatnot.

leecario said:
Raptor9229 said:

I think most pokemon fans have come to accept Grimer and Muk for what they are already, but Trubbish and Garbodor? Really Game Freak? I would actually love to see an evolution of the Koffing line, perhaps it would be called Hacking. Because of that I would love to see the Koffing line make a return.

Raptor9229 said:
leecario said:

I think most pokemon fans have come to accept Grimer and Muk for what they are already, but Trubbish and Garbodor? Really Game Freak? I would actually love to see an evolution of the Koffing line, perhaps it would be called Hacking. Because of that I would love to see the Koffing line make a return.

Yes really! What is the issue here? Trubbish fits perfectly into the franchise and I'm glad they added it, not just because I like it, but also so people like Bogleech can point out how hypocritical people are who only have this vague negative reaction to designs like Trubbish for no apparent reason other than saying "they are trash". Just because something is based of of trash, doesnt mean the design is bad simply because anyone with an IQ above 0 can come up with the pun that isnt even funny.

Back