XY What Gen 1-5 Pokémon do you want to see in X/Y?

RE: What Gen 1-5 Pokemon do you want to see in X/Y?

I don't know if this has already been mentioned yet, but for some reason, I would really like to see Absol and the Drifloon line in the Kalos Dex.

I'm a 3rd Gen lover, so there's going to be quite a bit of 3rd Gen Pokemon in my list. Here it is.

-Ekans
-Whismur
-Magikarp
-Tentacool
-Remeraid
-Nosepass
-Ponyta
-Meinfoo
-Makuhita
-Poochyena
-Buizel
-Slugma
-Torkoal (I'm hoping for an evolution)
-Grimer
-Trubbish
-Koffing
-Sandshrew
-Stantler
-Zigzagoon
-Wurmple
-Caterpie
-Weedle
-Voltorb
-Sewaddle
-Sableye
-Mawile (I think that's how you spell it)
-Numel
-Mime Jr.
-Abra
-Machop
-Pidgey
-Spearow
-Murkrow
-Budew
-Burmy
-Bagon

I really wish they'd pack a lot more wild pokemon into each game than usual....in the real world you don't just have one type of butterfly or moth in a whole forest. They should put at least 1/4 of existing pokemon somewhere in the wild, even if they have to be fairly rare, or limited to small ranges (a single tiny cave home to a woobat colony, for instance, or just one little pond where you catch some gen 1 water types)....it'd feel more realistic and add even more exploration and play value.

Bogleech said:
I really wish they'd pack a lot more wild pokemon into each game than usual....in the real world you don't just have one type of butterfly or moth in a whole forest. They should put at least 1/4 of existing pokemon somewhere in the wild, even if they have to be fairly rare, or limited to small ranges (a single tiny cave home to a woobat colony, for instance, or just one little pond where you catch some gen 1 water types)....it'd feel more realistic and add even more exploration and play value.

Man, I keep saying this, but other people apparently think the game would be just ruined if we started having more than an average of 6-8 Pokémon per route. Me, I say: why not two dozen? They should cram in as many older Pokémon as they can and give us some real variety for once, especially at the start of the game. BW2 did a good job of that with Floccessy Ranch, but I know they can do even better.

(Honestly, I'll be a little disappointed if the Kalos Dex doesn't reach 400. 500 would be even better.)

DorianBlack said:
Bogleech said:

Man, I keep saying this, but other people apparently think the game would be just ruined if we started having more than an average of 6-8 Pokémon per route. Me, I say: why not two dozen? They should cram in as many older Pokémon as they can and give us some real variety for once, especially at the start of the game. BW2 did a good job of that with Floccessy Ranch, but I know they can do even better.

(Honestly, I'll be a little disappointed if the Kalos Dex doesn't reach 400. 500 would be even better.)

When you think about it, both sides have at least a little reason to them. On one side, we like playing with the pokemon we know and love, and so the most amount of pokemon available the better. On the other, the new gen needs its time to shine, which won't happen if you can just assemble your old teams and plow thru the game with it.
So maybe they could make something like this last gen, and have only new pokemon (and fairy type old pokemon) and at the post game you can get many pokemon from all past gens. or they could restrict access to old gen pokemon with safari zones, poke radar, banning trade until the postgame.

DorianBlack said:

Cramming Pokemon into routes does more harm than good, it becomes way too hard to find specific Pokemon. It also becomes a lot more tedious to catch Pokemon, and a bit ridiculous in the early game when you have less opportunities to earn money for Poke Balls. The amount of variety they have in the games is not that much of a problem, and if you're intent on using a specific Pokemon you can always trade one over.

DorianBlack said:

Seriously? We just got up to 300 in the last game, and we don't usually get more than 250. Don't you think you're being a bit too entitled to expect no less than 400? I think 400 would actually be about the maximum for this game, we'll probably get around 300 or so.

professorlight said:
When you think about it, both sides have at least a little reason to them. On one side, we like playing with the pokemon we know and love, and so the most amount of pokemon available the better. On the other, the new gen needs its time to shine, which won't happen if you can just assemble your old teams and plow thru the game with it.
So maybe they could make something like this last gen, and have only new pokemon (and fairy type old pokemon) and at the post game you can get many pokemon from all past gens. or they could restrict access to old gen pokemon with safari zones, poke radar, banning trade until the postgame.

That doesn't really work well. First of all, if there's any cross gen evos, they have to be included as well. Second, the number of new Pokemon introduced in each generation is too low for this to work, you need at least 150 Pokemon for a good regional dex, and ideally you want at least 200 for a good variety. And depending on the size of the region, you may want more to keep the rosters from getting too repetitive. They should stick with what they did in RSE, Platinum, and BW2's regional dex, put in a mix of old and new, but try and keep emphasis on the new ones. If people want to use old ones, that's fine, but their inclusion won't automatically make everyone gravitate to them, many people will be more inclined to try out the new ones.

Bolt the Cat said:
Cramming Pokemon into routes does more harm than good, it becomes way too hard to find specific Pokemon. It also becomes a lot more tedious to catch Pokemon, and a bit ridiculous in the early game when you have less opportunities to earn money for Poke Balls. The amount of variety they have in the games is not that much of a problem, and if you're intent on using a specific Pokemon you can always trade one over.

Harder than buying the older games,(possibly more than one) working your way up to the point where you can catch the Pokémon you want, searching for the(possibly rare) Pokémon, beating X and Y so you can unlock the transfer tool and then transferring Pokémon over six by six?

Remember what this thread's topic is, guys. Don't get too off track!

.Towelette said:
I'm a 3rd Gen lover, so there's going to be quite a bit of 3rd Gen Pokemon in my list. Here it is.

-Ekans
-Whismur
-Magikarp
-Tentacool
-Remeraid
-Nosepass
-Ponyta
-Meinfoo
-Makuhita
-Poochyena
-Buizel
-Slugma
-Torkoal (I'm hoping for an evolution)
-Grimer
-Trubbish
-Koffing
-Sandshrew
-Stantler
-Zigzagoon
-Wurmple
-Caterpie
-Weedle
-Voltorb
-Sewaddle
-Sableye
-Mawile (I think that's how you spell it)
-Numel
-Mime Jr.
-Abra
-Machop
-Pidgey
-Spearow
-Murkrow
-Budew
-Burmy
-Bagon

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.
I really want to see Mawile in this gen specifically.

Fee said:
Harder than buying the older games,(possibly more than one) working your way up to the point where you can catch the Pokémon you want, searching for the(possibly rare) Pokémon, beating X and Y so you can unlock the transfer tool and then transferring Pokémon over six by six?

You don't need to transfer that much if you own multiple games within that generation. Usually you can get every National Dex Pokemon if you own all of them. There is absolutely no need to put all 700something Pokemon in XY if they're releasing more games this gen (which they almost undoubtedly will).

But some of us don't own all games (hell, in 15 years I haven't owned a single pokemon RPG in console, or console), and even less are willing or capable of trading. Where I live, Pokemon is sort of dead, something of the past, and anyway, the consoles and games are prohibitively expensive; I expect to have to pony up more that 550 bucks when X and Y come out, so I want to have as many pokemon as I can to make it worthwhile, and future playthroughs more varied.
I know it was pokemon's strategy from the begining (gotta catch'em all doesn't refer only to the 'mons) but when to get more than 25 percent of a game you need to have all the previous games, have other consoles with other games, have friends with compatible games, assist to special places and events, have a couple of apps and in the future buy DLC (I'm honestly praying that GF doen't go into that business model, ever, and I don't even believe in god) then it's a bad game and a bad strategy.

I should probably make an actual list about the Pokemon I wanna see, rather than just saying a few randoms. :D

-Lotad <3
-Cacnea
-Gligar
-Feebas
-Eevee
-Jirachi
-Mew
-Shaymin
-Meditite
-Rotom
-Ditto
-Maractus
-Azurill
-Dunsparce
-Snorunt
-Minun
-Plusle
-Onix (so that I can kick butt with a shiny Steelix :3)
-Sableye
-Absol
-Zigzagoon
-Ledyba
-Aipom
-Seedot
-Pidgey (even though we'll have Fletchling)
-Scyther
-Slowpoke
-Porygon
-Cranidos
-Shieldon
-Anorith
-Lileep
-Aerodactyl
-Miltank
-Shuckle
-Sneasel
-Pikachu
-Elekid
-Magby
-Ralts
-Makuhita
-Aron
-all the Regis
-Spinarak
-Buneary
-Starly
-Misdreavus
-Mienfoo
-Nidorans
-Geodude
-Woobat
-Abra
-Houndour
-Swinub
-Zangoose
-Seviper

Well, that's the most of it. As you can probably see, I'm a Hoenn fanboy :D

professorlight said:
But some of us don't own all games (hell, in 15 years I haven't owned a single pokemon RPG in console, or console), and even less are willing or capable of trading. Where I live, Pokemon is sort of dead, something of the past, and anyway, the consoles and games are prohibitively expensive; I expect to have to pony up more that 550 bucks when X and Y come out, so I want to have as many pokemon as I can to make it worthwhile, and future playthroughs more varied.
I know it was pokemon's strategy from the begining (gotta catch'em all doesn't refer only to the 'mons) but when to get more than 25 percent of a game you need to have all the previous games, have other consoles with other games, have friends with compatible games, assist to special places and events, have a couple of apps and in the future buy DLC (I'm honestly praying that GF doen't go into that business model, ever, and I don't even believe in god) then it's a bad game and a bad strategy.

I'm the only sane person who plays pokemon around here, I have a friend who usually gets the opposite game i get but they lose them, that and theyre busy with life too much to come over to trade and whatnot. The GTS is worthless, what with 9- legends and sazandos -___- people are stupid. If you want a hack mon get on the internet, not clogging up the /legit/ game area.

I liked what they did in B/W /B2/W2 where you could ingame trade for the other version exclusive. Hope they do something similar but with more than just the one.

professorlight said:

You're exaggerating. You can always get at least half of the regional dex in one game alone, and usually at least 75% of it with two. You usually don't need to use all of them to fill up the dex, there's several ways you can do it. IDK where you live, but wherever it is it must not be very big on video games in the first place, there's absolutely no reason to complain otherwise.

Bolt the Cat said:
professorlight said:

You're exaggerating. You can always get at least half of the regional dex in one game alone, and usually at least 75% of it with two. You usually don't need to use all of them to fill up the dex, there's several ways you can do it. IDK where you live, but wherever it is it must not be very big on video games in the first place, there's absolutely no reason to complain otherwise.

I don't think Prof. Light was talking about the regional pokedex. I think he was talking about filling up the national dex completely

Also, not everyone lives around a city of gamers and game stores, unlike you apparently.

FloodBadge said:
I don't think Prof. Light was talking about the regional pokedex. I think he was talking about filling up the national dex completely

So was I. There's usually about 100 or so more Pokemon in post game, that usually gives you about half the National Dex in one game. It's not that hard.

FloodBadge said:
Also, not everyone lives around a city of gamers and game stores, unlike you apparently.

You don't have to live in a big city. If you have access to this forum, you probably have access to a trade partner.

You know, thinking about how many total Pokemon we have now, what if each game had a totally different regional dex?

Both games would have the breadth of the 6th generation mons, with a couple version exclusives, but the rest of the Gen 1-5 mons would be COMPLETELY different based on the version you get. For example, #XXX in Pokemon Xs regional dex would be Bagon, while in Ys regional dex it would be Axew?

Or, they could just have the regional dexs be 500+ mons and each version would have a total of 350 ish, with each version having about 150-200 exclusives.

I guess this idea just comes in part from me wanting more variety if I play through both versions... and running into the same exact creatures in an area with the exception of one or MAYBE two version exclusives. This would make the games much more diverse/different from eachother, and would allow for more varying play throughs between them.

Bolt the Cat said:
FloodBadge said:

So was I. There's usually about 100 or so more Pokemon in post game, that usually gives you about half the National Dex in one game. It's not that hard.

FloodBadge said:

You don't have to live in a big city. If you have access to this forum, you probably have access to a trade partner.

fdshioagu I meant to say national dex x.x

And just because you have internet access, it doesn't mean you have wi-fi. He may be using a public computer, or his phone to use public wi-fi, or might even just have his computer wired in.

Bolt the Cat said:
professorlight said:
I know it was pokemon's strategy from the begining (gotta catch'em all doesn't refer only to the 'mons) but when to get more than 25 percent of a game you need to have all the previous games, have other consoles with other games, have friends with compatible games, assist to special places and events, have a couple of apps and in the future buy DLC (I'm honestly praying that GF doesn't go into that business model, ever, and I don't even believe in god) then it's a bad game and a bad strategy.

Yes, you can get most of the regional dex with one game, almost all of it with two (as I said before: either owned by a friend or by having two consoles with two games= roughly 3900 $. would you spend that much on it?) and all of it going to events for the secret legendaries (which there are not where I live); but the national dex? that's what I was referring to with the 25 percent, and a whole different can of worms.
Where I live is kinda big in videogames, but pokemon is, as I said, pretty much dead. The most popular games here are PES and call of battlefield XVI: part two, and if you like pokemon its either "oh, I watched that when I was little. It's still on air?" or "pokewhat?"
So I do have reasons to complain. I don't want all the pokemon being available with each game, just a greater number than the new gen + 75/100 old pokemon, because when I spend that much money in something that really doesn't do anything except waste my time (as delightful as that is) I don't want a giant sign that says:
"this was all this game has to offer... for now. If you want the rest of what's already on the cartridge, spend more money in new or old videogames and consoles or travel to US or japan for an event"
That's practically a definition of day one DLC, but more messy, and, as we complain about DLC and microtransactions all the time, we forget that pokemon is the one that started it all, a long time ago and in a slightly less overt manner.

professorlight said:
Yes, you can get most of the regional dex with one game, almost all of it with two (as I said before: either owned by a friend or by having two consoles with two games= roughly 3900 $. would you spend that much on it?) and all of it going to events for the secret legendaries (which there are not where I live); but the national dex? that's what I was referring to with the 25 percent, and a whole different can of worms.

The "regional dex" thing was a typo, I meant National Dex. You can get nearly all of the National Dex by having two separate games (for instance, Platinum and SoulSilver), which you'd be inclined to get both of anyway since they're completely different experiences. Which only leaves you a handful of version exclusives from the other game that you can get through trades, the GTS, etc. You don't need to own every single Pokemon game in existence to fill up the National Dex.

Back