What game(s) have you been playing?

I am giving up on Dark Souls for now,stuck on that awful Blighttown.So recently I have picked up Fallout 3 goty edition(this is my first Fallout)and after sinking in about 15 hours into it,i can easily say that it's the best 20$ i have ever spent.I'm thinking about getting New vegas.

corn bread said:
I am giving up on Dark Souls for now,stuck on that awful Blighttown.So recently I have picked up Fallout 3 goty edition(this is my first Fallout)and after sinking in about 15 hours into it,i can easily say that it's the best 20$ i have ever spent.I'm thinking about getting New vegas.
The Fallout series is one of the best game series out there and I definitely recommend you pick up Fallout: New Vegas!

It's great to see so many fans of Fallout here, I was beginning to think TDL and I were the only ones. If you've mastered Fallout 3 (one of the best games I've EVER played), then you'll be ready for Fallout New Vegas. It's much harder; you only get perks every other level, specialization is much more important, supplies and good weapons are much more scarce, and enemies are A LOT tougher. Even at level 50, you'll still have problems fighting Deathclaws. However, the addition of Iron Sights, Weapon Mods, a whole new type of faction-oriented campaign, and the fact that you can have a Eyebot follower are just some of the features that make the Fallout series so much better. [/gush]

Fallout 3 had better plot than New Vegas, though. Just my take on it. Not to mention New Vegas nerfed one of the best perks, Grim Reaper's Sprint

Well, I hate the nerf as well, but with F3's version could let you kill a whole room of dudes in less than like 3 seconds, simply by aiming at the head every time. So yeah, I would see the need to limit it a little bit. Fun Fact: Grim Reaper's Sprint was a fan-submitted perk that Bethesda put in the game as the result of a create-a-perk contest.

Zyflair said:
Fallout 3 had better plot than New Vegas, though. Just my take on it. Not to mention New Vegas nerfed one of the best perks, Grim Reaper's Sprint
I do agree, Fallout 3 had a better plot, but New Vegas had better gameplay.

I've never played any game in the Fallout series, though from what I can tell it's really good. First off, is it a First-Person shooter, or a Third-Person shooter, like Gears of War. Second, what are we up against? Zombies, aliens, mutated monsters, bunnies of doom? And third, how many hours of entertainment does it offer locally (as in, if I have no Xbox LIVE/PSN)?

I've never played any game in the Fallout series, though from what I can tell it's really good. First off, is it a First-Person shooter, or a Third-Person shooter, like Gears of War. Second, what are we up against? Zombies, aliens, mutated monsters, bunnies of doom? And third, how many hours of entertainment does it offer locally (as in, if I have no Xbox LIVE/PSN)?

1) If you're talking about genre, it's an RPG shooter. In terms of the combat system, you can switch between first-person and third. I like third because it lets me see if something is sneaking up on me.

2) Humans and mutated monsters (I guess a ghoul could count as a zombie). You mostly encounter a mix of both.

3) Plenty! You only need online if you want to get DLC and updates. I strongly suggest you update often. Updates usually patch glitches in the game, and believe me when I say Fallout is glitch heaven. My friends actually don't like the Fallout series due to the amount of glitches. Save often and it won't be a big deal!

Xcelsior said:
It is a 1st/3rd person game, (you can switch between the two.) The game is a post apocalyptic roleplaying game. You fight against all sorts of things such as zombies, mutated freaks, and a ton of other crazy monsters! The whole plot is that there was a huge nuclear fallout and the survivors were forced into huge underground vaults where they lived for years. In Fallout 3 (which is where you should start if your going to pick up one of these games because the previous two were completely different.) your character leaves the vault and discovers the war ravaged world that was left behind after the war. You can level up and build your character throughout the game by doing different tasks and quests that give you XP. If you want to experience another story separate from the other titles in the series then I suggest you play Fallout New Vegas, this game shares the same back story as the other installments but it is set in Nevada near Las Vegas, which in this game is called New Vegas (hence the name.) The games both feature I would say around 200+ hours of content, also there is a lot of DLC for both games. The games are very cheap and will only run you about $20, if you have an Xbox 360 I would recommend you get it for that system, due to there being less bugs/glitches than on the PS3 version. Although if your computer meets the requirements then I think you should get it for that. I hope this helped.:D

I've been playing Max Payne 3. It has some gameplay issues, but it's Max Payne.

PokeMedic said:
I've been playing Max Payne 3. It has some gameplay issues, but it's Max Payne.
How is the gameplay? I'm thinking of picking it up, the other two were amazing!

Been playing Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts DLC lately. I picked it up a few days ago and I got to say it's amazing. I was about to beat it when by accident I shot one of the good guys and I messed up the whole entire DLC! So basically it's ruined and I forgot to make a save of it before hand so now I'm stuck in Zion, because there's a bug in the game!

Ouch, I hate that. Don't you have an autosave file or something? It might be old, but it's something. And personally, Lonesome Road is my favorite NV DLC. It's extremely hard, has a TON of great new weapons and armor, and puts a lot of emphasis on the courier's story. Old World Blues was good, but Lonesome Road was just awesome.

Naruto Shippuden Clash of ninja rev 3
love being my favorite characters its really fun to play multiplayers

Pokemon Ruby
last saved progress was battle tower

ShadowLugia said:
Ouch, I hate that. Don't you have an autosave file or something? It might be old, but it's something. And personally, Lonesome Road is my favorite NV DLC. It's extremely hard, has a TON of great new weapons and armor, and puts a lot of emphasis on the courier's story. Old World Blues was good, but Lonesome Road was just awesome.
Nope, After I accidentally shot one of the good guys it told me to go and retrieve the map of Zion, so I go to the location of the map and the markers on the map go all crazy and switch positions, so I'm basically stuck in Zion unless I can find the map. After I get out I'll have to try out the other dlc.

So, since Sony is a horrible, horrible company and decided not to release Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep onto the Playstation network, making it impossible to play, I got my friend to hack my PSP and put it on.

I've racked up 10 hours of game play in the past day, to say the least.

Buizel said:
Nope, After I accidentally shot one of the good guys it told me to go and retrieve the map of Zion, so I go to the location of the map and the markers on the map go all crazy and switch positions, so I'm basically stuck in Zion unless I can find the map. After I get out I'll have to try out the other dlc.

Yeah, that's actually a side quest if you kill any story-related characters, not a bug. The map you need is in the Sorrows Camp, if that's any help.

ShadowLugia said:
Yeah, that's actually a side quest if you kill any story-related characters, not a bug. The map you need is in the Sorrows Camp, if that's any help.
Yeah I got it, it was in a clay pot. The map markers are really annoying.

Finally finished Star Wars: KOTOR (uber darkside finish). I learned the secrets of the Star Forge, reclaimed my title as Sith Lord, killed 4 of my friends while at it, and, amazingly, Malak (final boss) was so easy, it's funny. Total: 22 h, 6 m. I can finally die now! OR, we can do it again! No New Game +, though.

Other than that, I'm working up some progress on AC: Brotherhood. Trying to get all shops renovated and all Shop Quests completed.

Back