BW/BW2 The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Ok, I randomly picked up my Diamond to continue my Nuzlocking adventures.

dpmfa074.png

GEODUDETTE Lv.23
dpmfa394.png

HAPPYFEET Lv.23
dpmfa404.png

LITE^Feline Lv.23
dpmfa406.png

BUDDYHOLLY Lv.24
dpmfa397.png

AIM4STARS Lv. 25

I've just reached Hearthrome...I feel like grinding to at least Lv.30 for Maylene. I don't even know if that's a good level or what, but I really don't want to get screwed over. ._. Also, it takes freaking forever for Budew to evolve. You'd think with never letting it die from like Lv.4 would be enough. >_>

dmaster out.

^my budew never evolved eather...it was terrable then it died to jupiter....i havnt done a single update >.< i dont have nicknames...i need to actually get creative >.<

Just beat the 3rd gym so I thought I'd do an update

U Liek Me (marshtomp) Lv 31

Gem Eye (Sableye) Lv 23

Loudred lv 21

Dmaster (gyarados) lv 20

Lost Friends
Beauty (Dustox) lv 11
The Fuzz (linoone) lv 21 lost to Koffing's selfdestust

Pokemon in PC
Torkoal lv 15

Pokémon White (Japanese ver.) Nuzlocke Game thing!
Rules:
* Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
* The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
* One Blacked out screen = GAME OVER!
* Pokémon Centers may only be used if you are within 50 steps of the center when you decide you need to use it. Also only one use per city except with Gym challenges where you may use it once more.
* Master Balls may not be used.
* Pokémon may not be evolved, but evolved pokémon may be caught.
* No catching of legendaries.
* Legendaries must be killed if encountered.
* Battle style must be ‘set’ rather than ‘shift.’
* Items may only be used (to my need) outside of battle.
* Nicknaming my caught Pokémon is encouraged but not needed as Pokemon White only allows 5 Letter Names.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Here we go...
Chose Tepig named it Tepig
Aaaannnd Lost to Cheren. Dang crit-hax from Mijumaru.
Bummer. GAME OVER .________________________.

Will update as needed

People can make it however hard you want. There's no sense limiting them. When they find it's too hard, they'll give up or make the run easier for themselves.

Also, a couple levels later and my Budew evolved. Roselia just totally redeemed herself by evolving. :p It took her long enough. >_>

dmaster out.

Regarding to Roselia, does anyone know where to find a Shiny Stone to get her to Roserade?

Also, right now I'm level grinding for the 5th gym to level 36. The current team is....

DONKEYKONG (Monferno) Lv32
KRONAR (Noctowl) Lv33
ROSALINA (Roselia) Lv32
SQUIRREL (Pachirisu) Lv32
SLIMEY (Gastrodon) Lv32
SAND EJECT (Hipopotas) Lv24

Route 228 and the Oreburgh entrance to Mt. Coronet (where you first met Cyrus). Use Surf and across the water it is there.

I always have a whole team planned out before I even start the game, since I've beaten my games so many times and I know them and the plot. I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke Challenge on Platinum, and I have 2 badges so far and I'm training my pokemon before anyone faints. It is a challenge, and I've lost a few decent pokemon like my Shinx. The only thing I'm really worried about is the E4

If you're worried about healing in the E4, grab the Happiny Egg from the Hiker in Hearthome, then grab the Oval Stone in the Lost Tower thing where you get Strenghth. Evolve Happiny by having it level up while holding that during the day, and make sure it evolves under lv12. Thats when Chansey learns Softboiled. If you use Softboiled out of battle, you can take HP from Chansey and move it to others. Then you can just use a Max Potion or something to bring it back to full and repeat until your entire party is good.

I guess I'll update mine too, then!

Togepi:
Huevo, level 14

Budew:
Plant, level 19

Dustox:
Unbeauty, level 21

Drifloon:
Fred, level 22

Geodude:
Rock Hard, level 22

Prinplup:
Chubbo, level 23

CURRENT POSITION: Route 208, 2 badges

Thanks for the help with the E4! :) I'll see when I get Happiny

I am VERY angry right now. I had most of my mons leveled to 36 which took seeral hours, then my DS's charge ran out when I had to go away to do something. And apparently, the last time I saved was before my level grinding... I'm going to sulk for a bit....

Yeah, I've lost a couple hours from grinding as well.

I usually get into the habit of saving often in whatever Pokemon game I'm playing for just in case stuff.

dmaster out.

I think this challenge is one of the most fun challenges out there. I'm doing 5 different challenges in 5 games (out of boredom :p) and I personally like this one the best (although I barely started some of them) and it makes you appreciate the pokemon you have. Weak pokemon can turn into good fighters! I realized that when I had a Burmy almost beat Gardenia.

When I get myself going on it I am going to have a go with this on Diamond, see how it goes. ^_^ I'm going to add a rule in for myself, to use no repels and not flee wild pokemon battles. First off however I need to start the game... would first pokemon I see in the briefcase at lake verity count as first pokemon I've seen there?

No it wouldnt. The breifcase is the only time you have choice for the pokemon on that route.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to add my rules:

-you must nickname your pokemon

-once your pokemon faints, it's considered dead. You MUST release it.

-no catching legendaries

-you must kill legendaries

-no revives/max revives (although I don't think that's allowed anyway)

-you must catch the first pokemon you see on each route. If you accidentally run, run out of pokeballs, or make it faint, tough luck.

Oh god, Nuzlocke is one of my favorite webcomics of all time. It combines two of the most awesomest things in my life; Lost and Pokemon. So awesome. <3

However, I've never tried the challange before. I might try it on LeafGreen sometime this week.

Back