BW/BW2 The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

My challenge so far. I'm about to fight Falkner. I've got:
TICK-TOCK the Totodile, lvl. 13.
GUTS!!!!!! the Butterfree, lvl. 13.
BIGSTONE the Geodude, lvl. 13.
TOXICODOR the Gastly, lvl. 13.

EDIT: Easier than pressing an easy button.

wait wait woah hold on....the geodude i just caught on the bottom level of mt coronet....that is the only pokemon i can catch for mt coronet....T_T

also thanks to jupiter my team is (im not creative...so no i dont have names for them)

Staravia lvl 27

Dustox lvl 22

Togepi lvl 1

and now i must face hearthome gym with this....this is going to be painfull although i dont care if dustox goes...hes useless

Starting Nuzlocke run on Pearl now... Wish me luck guys! Starting with Chimchar, as I know its hard to find a good fire pokemon in those days. Decided to name my rival DMASTER :D

EDIT: Quick question, does the Bidoof Dawn catches to demonstrate catching pokemon count as the only pokemon that I can catch? And also, just making sure, do trainers pokemon count as the pokemon of the route if you battle them before running into anything?

EDIT 2: So far just about to leave Jubilife. My team consists of...
FLACON (Chimchar) Lv12 (In need of a better nickname, and yes I misspelled Falcon on purpose)
SHOCKER (Shinx) Lv11
DMASTER (Magikarp) Lv7 (Waiting til I have the EXP Share to evolve it. It'll be weird beating my rival with this thing ._.)
ROSALINA (Budew) Lv11
BEAKERS (Starly) Lv4 (Just got him too) Died while level grinding from a crit :/
HARDCORE (Geodude) Lv5 (Just gonna use him as an HM Slave :p)

Pokemon are leveled, and hopefully can beat the first gym!

Ok about to start a run on Emerald!
Plan to start with Torchic. If it is a girl I will name it Vesta-goddess of fire or if it's a guy I will call it Vulcan - god of fire

Alright, after a bit of level grinding and another team member caught, I bring you my team before heading into the Oreburgh Mine!

FLACON (Monferno) Lv14 (Going to rename DONKEYKONG once I get to Eterna)
SHOCKER (Shinx) Lv12
ROSALINA (Budew) Lv12
CHOPSTER (Machop) Lv12 (New team member :D)
DMASTER (Magikarp) Lv7 (Waiting to evolve until I get the EXP Share)
HARDCORE (Geodude) Lv5 (HM Slave)

I'll definatly win against Roark because I have a Grass and two Fighting pokemon at my disposal, so he shouldn't be a problem. So far, the only casualty has been BEAKERS (Starly) from getting haxed upon by a crit while level grinding. Honestly, I didn't really have any use for him, as I hoped to catch another flying type later.

EDIT: Defeated Roark no prob with Mega Drain on Budew. I then go to the mini-rock tunnel thingy between Jubilife and Floroma, but KO the Zubat I find by a crit. I don't encounter any pokemon on that route yet, so I head off to face Mars. One of the Grunts in the Windworks nearly kills my CHOPSTER, the results of a Poison Sting that Poisoned, then a Glameow Crit Fake Out. I survive that turn including poisoning with 3 HP left. I then switch to Monferno and proceed to kill it with Mach Punch. The poisoning wears off and I then head for the pokecenter.

Against Mars: Zubat wasn't much of a problem. I Stun Spore'd it with Rosalina then killed it with Shocker while he was completely parahax'd. She sends out the mean kitty and I go back to Rosalina to Paralyze it again. Sadly, it misses and Scratch hits me for a lot of damage, about 3/4ths of my health is gone. I then switch to Monferno to kill it with Mach Punch. of the exact 50 HP I have, a Scratch does 15. I Mach Punch Him the next turn, resulting in a little over half health remaining. Another Scratch hits, leaving me at 20 HP. I Mach Punch again, and he survives in the red. Then Sitrus Berry kicks in and he's in the yellow. One more Scratch, and I'm at 5. I know I can kill it with 1 more attack, and I do with no casualties.

Ok, sorry guys. I promised this a while ago, but I needed to heal my wounds from the E4 before I faced Lance...

Ok, these Pokemon are definitely going on the naughty list this year:

237.png

Counter killed my Slowbro when Zen Headbutt brought it to the red. RIP MOLASSES

94.png

Raticate failed to KO with Crunch and got KO'ed by Focus Blast. RIP SUKMYTATAS

Pidgeot came in for the revenge, but Destiny Bond brought it down as well. RIP FLYLIKEAG6

Now, I'm on to Lance with Ampharos, Gyarados and Meganium. I used a couple Rare Candy for good measure.

Ampharos had no problem with Lance's Gyarados with a Static and a Discharge.

149.png

First Lv.50 Dragonite Outraged Ampharos for the kill. I should have just switched in Gyarados or Meganium...RIP COTTONBALL

I switch in Gyarados, get 2 DD (heck yeah). Ice Fang for easy kill. Aerodactyl comes in then, easy Waterfall kill. The Lv.49 Dragonite then comes in, easy kill with Ice Fang (crit no less). Last Dragonite comes in (another Lv.49 one), easy kill with Ice Fang. And the last is Charizard. :D Easy kill with Waterfall.

NUZLOCKE ACHIEVED

Survivors:

130d.png

BIGFISH Lv.53

154.png

MARIJUWANA Lv.45

I think with the E4 and the Champion defeated, I'm most likely not going on to beat Red. I'm probably sure I could easily do it. I have a Ponyta in reserve which would evolve into a beastly Rapidash, but that's mainly it...I could maybe find some good ones in Kanto idk. All I know is I would have to do a lot of grinding.

dmaster out.

Just started my first Nuzlocke run on Emerald. Im currently grinding before I take on the first gym leader.

Here's the CURRENT team:

259.png
Skippy (Marshtomp) Level 16
271.png
Pinalippia (Lombre) Level 16
294.png
Hercules (Exploud) Level 20
129.png
Thrasher (Magikarp) Level 11

The Departed:
261.png
Poochie (Poochyena) Level 10 - Died against May's Wingull :(
261.png
MrWoof (Poochyena) Level 8 - Died against a critcal hit grinding :(

1 Gym Badge Obtained :D

Updated:
Omg, training this Whismur/Exploud was the most fun thing I have ever done in the pokemon games! Soundproof in my opinion is one of the best abilites in the game against Zubats and Poochyena's! I never knew though that Nuzlocke run's would be so time consuming! Grind...Grind...Grind...

I know people who allow catching them but they need to be immediately put in the Box and never have it used.

dmaster out.

The way I see it, you can catch any pokemon, you just can't use it. A question I just thought of, what about the breeding center things? Can you just take one egg because its the first thing you get in that area?

I know people put specific rules on that for themselves.

You make your Nuzlocke as hard as you want it to be.

Some variations I've heard of is:

No Breeding Center
Egg counts where it hatches.
Egg counts where you get it (For example, Togepi in HG/SS would be Violet City.)

dmaster out.

I'll put the last one on myself. Whats funny is that I ran into a Chansey for my Pokemon on route 210, killed it with a crit, sulked for a bit, then hatched the egg I got from the guy in Hearthome city, thinking it was a Togepi. Instead, it was Happiny, and I got excited :D

Has anyone trained a Magikarp up yet, my god it's teadious when all your getting is 45exp each time you kill something :(

Going to start one of theses on Saphire, not going to be using Pokemon Centres to add a bit more excitement to the Nuzlocke run.
^ I'm going to train a Magicrap, it's a beast once it evolves. The wait is definitely worth the gain

^^

Now that is hardcore, I'm using items (minus revives etc), pokemon centres and everything else I can get my grubby little hands on ha ha!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

RIP
pokemon_luxio.gif

SHOCKER (Luxio) Lv24
Lost in battle to a critical hit from Psychic Abigail's Kadabra on Route 214 at 11:25 PM.

In catching news, the last 5 WILD POKEMON have been killed by critical hits. T_T

EDIT: POFRNHOPGVUIATHPUIGVN:KRTWJHPIGVJIJTRPIBHGINJM{PTOIRJVBG{IOPTRJMGTVVPVBGIJT$PRI

RIP
budew_sprite.png

ROSALINA (Budew) Lv23
Lost in battle to a Horn Drill byPI Carlos's Goldeen at 7:26 AM.....

My two star players.... Lost........

Also, if you're doing a no Pokecenter run, get Blissey. Softboiled can heal your team and you only need to heal Blissey.

EDIT2: Words cannot describe how I feel right now...

RIP
066.png

CHOPSTER (Machop) Lv24
Lost in battle to an unexpected Extrasensory Critical Hit by Beauty Devon's Wormadam at 7:39 AM.

I

AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW

3 POKEMON LOST IN THE SAME ROUTE

4 IF YOU COUNT THE WILD SUDOWUDO I KO'D

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

EDIT3: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

RIP
http://Pokémon.net/sprites/dp/shellosgastrodon/422west.png
SLIME (Shellos) Lv25
Lost in battle to a Geodude that used Self Destruct at 8:01 AM.

I'm nearly in tears right now.

^^ Whats still in your party then?

@DMaster - Is it okay for me to continually update my post?

Go ahead. This is a casual discussion thread. As long as it pertains to Nuzlocke, it's fine.

dmaster out.

Back